Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    Default Does this look authentic?

    I posted awhile ago about how I got hit with a fake D&G The One off eBay. I just want to confirm if this bottle is real or not, since I can't see much due to the lighting. The seller sold another one earlier (which had a stock photo) but the one listed now has seller-provided photos

    $(KGrHqZ,!joFBLZqqPlqBQbzqI4!RQ~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqZ,!qgFBZlBo8N(BQbzqjlyeQ~~60_57.jpg$T2eC16F,!w0E9szNW4bvBQbzq0R5sQ~~60_57.jpg

  2. #2

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    Got to take better pics than that !

  3. #3

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    LOL when in doubt, DONT BUY. Not worth the time/worry

  4. #4

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    Just confirmed, another fake. Wow, 2 fakes in a row. This one is getting a police report. I wonder what the penalty for distribution of counterfeit goods is.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    Fool me once, shame on me....

    GET OFF EBAY PEOPLE!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    I just purchased vintage Fahrenheit on eBay and have purchased many other authentic fragrances on there as well.
    Current top 10 (No order):


    1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

  7. #7

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    amw, I have never had this much bad luck either.
    And yes, fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice...involve the police.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    I've been burned once on eBay. It was a fake One Million. It happens once in a while. I think eBay is worth the risk since I have gotten so many good deals on there.
    Current top 10 (No order):


    1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

  9. #9
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,807

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    Please let us know if the police help you at all. Seems like fighting scammers is a losing battle these days.
    Last edited by heperd; 14th October 2012 at 09:04 AM.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

    *BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

  10. #10

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    Heperd, I will report back. I decided to give the seller a chance since he is clearly just your average Joe (he informed it was a gift, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt). He agreed to refund me, but we'll see if he follows through
    amw, I agree, I've gotten so many good deals, that sometimes I just can't resist the "bid button"

    None the less, I won't be buying The One off eBay, I'll wait for a bottle to go up for grabs here, if not I'll just wait till I finish this 50ml that I have

  11. #11

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    Heperd, I will report back. I decided to give the seller a chance since he is clearly just your average Joe (he informed it was a gift, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt). He agreed to refund me, but we'll see if he follows through
    amw, I agree, I've gotten so many good deals, that sometimes I just can't resist the "bid button"

    None the less, I won't be buying The One off eBay, I'll wait for a bottle to go up for grabs here, if not I'll just wait till I finish this 50ml that I have
    I'm about to just buy you the big bottle from Fragrancenet and end all the questioning regarding the fakes haha.

  12. #12
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,807

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    I think the guy is lying to you and if he is using stock photos he is no average joe. They always say it was a gift or bought it from a kiosk.


    After finding this web site,

    http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...tId=0&manual=y

    I see that everything is being faked. From Guerlain Homme to DHI to CK Shock to He Wood. Pretty disgusting. I will never buy a frag from ebay ever again unless it it though a company that I know and trust, there are several that are trustworthy. I think most obvious vintage perfumes are safe. I dont think you can trust any individually owed retail store or kiosk either. Some of them are probably buying from websites like that one too. Any popular mens frag that comes with a slip off cover with the picture of the model on it is fake.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

    *BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

  13. #13

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    Out of interest what was the feedback of the seller like ? I once got a fake 1 million battle from a seller who had 98%+ positive.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    I'm about to just buy you the big bottle from Fragrancenet and end all the questioning regarding the fakes haha.
    Hahah no worries, that was the last D&G off eBay that I will be purchasing. You are more than welcome to send a bottle my way though :].

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Out of interest what was the feedback of the seller like ? I once got a fake 1 million battle from a seller who had 98%+ positive.
    +5 positive, no negative/neutral. He's a new guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I think the guy is lying to you and if he is using stock photos he is no average joe. They always say it was a gift or bought it from a kiosk.


    After finding this web site,

    http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...tId=0&manual=y

    I see that everything is being faked. From Guerlain Homme to DHI to CK Shock to He Wood. Pretty disgusting. I will never buy a frag from ebay ever again unless it it though a company that I know and trust, there are several that are trustworthy. I think most obvious vintage perfumes are safe. I dont think you can trust any individually owed retail store or kiosk either. Some of them are probably buying from websites like that one too. Any popular mens frag that comes with a slip off cover with the picture of the model on it is fake.
    Another site that worries me. Thank you for posting it. This second guy wasn't using stock photos, they were his own, but at least he refunded me the full amount + shipping.

  15. #15
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,807

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    cool that you got a refund with not much hassle.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

    *BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

  16. #16

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    Yes sir. Also got an extra payment sent due to the cost of return shipping. No police report necessary.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    The people that purposely sell fake items are the ones that really irk me. The people that unknowingly sell a fake item and are willing to issue full refunds, I'm okay with.
    Current top 10 (No order):


    1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

  18. #18

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    Quote Originally Posted by amw9490 View Post
    The people that purposely sell fake items are the ones that really irk me. The people that unknowingly sell a fake item and are willing to issue full refunds, I'm okay with.
    Same here. I am just annoyed at the fact that someone actually bought a fake, and gave it to the seller. He mentioned he was selling it due to skin allergies. I can't help but wonder if this fake trash is what caused his irritation.

  19. #19
    Dependent Possum-Pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Near Gettysburg
    Posts
    1,845
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Does this look authentic?

    Many of the fakes on EBAY are sold by average people who bought/were given a fake, and they didn't even know it...They just know they don't like it so try to resell it. The people knowingly selling fakes have sales numbers in the thousands...

Similar Threads

  1. how do i know my Givenchy - Pi Neo is authentic
    By neo_angel in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18th January 2011, 05:30 PM
  2. Is the M7 from BeautyEncounter authentic?
    By karisuma in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13th October 2010, 09:12 PM
  3. Is this acqua di gio authentic?
    By bench in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 3rd February 2010, 07:32 AM
  4. does this creed look authentic?
    By bigtyivier in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 25th August 2008, 03:06 AM
  5. Is this authentic?
    By zmogedra in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8th April 2008, 11:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •