Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Wednesday 24th October

Hello all. Hey where are you all??????

Anyway, I am wearing a sample of Montale Black Aoud. I admit I have had it for quite a while and sniff the little spray but never actually worn, until today of course.

Hope you all have a fabulous fragrant day.
    DONNA

Default Re: SOTD Wednesday 24th October

....Good morning!
    vintage Z-14

Banned

i wish i know how to post pictures

Patricia de Nicolai pour homme

hello all have anice day!

Morning All,

Mouchoir de Monsieur today.

Have a nice hump-day, gang.

A new acquisition, Dune.

Morning everyone,

MFK Amryis for me today

Hello donna, hello all,

Jicky wearing Larimar *wolf-whistles* back at Mouchoir de gandhajala! ^^

Have a good day all (and don't you dare mention the forecast snow for Saturday around me...)

Good morning!

I am in my favourite layers this morning; SL Sa Majeste La Rose, A La Nuit & Jo Loves Gardenia. *EPIC" florals.

gonewiththewind.jpg
    Do happy

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Good Morning Basenotes family. Today I wish to feel special so I am wearing Dior Homme Intense. Have a wonderful day.

Blog Entries

Scrambling to get daughter to school and then take Mom to the orthopedist.

I'm wearing a sample of Brin de Réglisse. Thsis not a long-lasting fragrance but I like the juxtaposition of licorice and lavender.

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Caron Parfum Sacre Intense. Beauty.

Wish you all a very good day.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Wednesday 24th October

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Land by Lacoste

Hi all. Shalimar today. Hope you are all fine and dandy!

..vintage I-12

Easyfish, I understand you were able to take several pictures of Dr.G., but how did you transport him back "in the era"?

Larimar, this wolf hears hears all the whistles -- though aimed at Dr.G. -- and wears Caron Or et Noir.

Evangeline, well, let the disappointment begin (as if you could not tell it already!). Same as with the new(ish) Coco Noir, La (Nueva) Perla is an amplified and refurbished version of La Perla In Rosa having very little to do with the original rounded and supple cabochon of a chypre: fewer tart berries and real butch (and very synthetic at that) patchouli, ylang is angular and roses are non-existent. Boohoohoo. A no go from me.

I have no idea yet. I bought another Pacifica Persian Rose soap yesterday, so I may go all rosey today. Love to you all.

Good afternoon! Are you all OK? We have been over at Edinburgh for a short break and we thoroughly enjoyed it too!

Back to Black today. Bought the refill which was a fraction of the price, and a good job too because I am draining it at an awful rate. It needs a heavy application. Lovely though.

Good morning everyone!

I'm in Van Cleef & Arpels First, 70s edt ...dabbed this time, rather than sprayed. I have one of those big ol' splash bottles, and I decided to do it the way I used to do it, before I had an atomizer for it, and it really is different ...richer, somehow, but maybe just less diffuse ...such a gorgeous fragrance.

Y'all have a great day!

heavenscent - and what a fantastic new acquisition it is!! You smell amazing - enjoy it!

Wolfie - thank you ...sigh. But I suspected as much, and I suppose I knew how you felt about it, but call it wishful thinking. Oh well, the gorgeous older stuff is still plentiful and affordable, so there's no need to ever be without.

Wonderful pic, ladym ...swoon.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Easyfish, you smell fabulous in those vintage Halstons, especially Z-14.

LadyM, I wish I were sitting next to you! Glorious!

Just a quick post this morning as I'm on my way to a seminar. It's a gray, foggy, contemplative kind of day, which always puts me in the mood for SL Bois de Violette. I love it.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

K

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Montana Parfum d'Homme (French version) this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Good afternoon, all.
    I'm really fed up with this untimely warmth, I want my Autumn!! Hoping in the polar winds that will move southwards in the weekend!
    In Let me play the lion, this morning, mingled with some remains of last night Mona di Orio Vanille.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    i wish i know how to post pictures

Patricia de Nicolai pour homme

hello all have anice day!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...es-Help-please

http://www.basenotes.net/faq.php?faq=vb3_albums

Hi, iivanita ~ Above are links to information about posting photos. Basically, the photo files (JPEG, GIF, TIFF) need to be uploaded to a site like Photobucket.com or tinypic.com or your album here are Basenotes. (Lately, uploading to a Basenotes album has been trickier than it used to be. I don't know why. Maybe it's just me.) Once the photo you want to use is uploaded, copy its code into your post. For example:

(IMG)http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s98/Saxtonhill/PiperRoseandautumnpond10-20-2012.jpg(/IMG)

Note: For this example, I replaced the brackets [ ] with parenthesis ( ) so the code would show up as text for you to see and not insert the photo.

(This isn't my photo. It's just one I found at Photobucket.)

Play around with it. We all had to learn by trial and error.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

That dog is saying, "Throw the stick, throw the stick...why don't you just throw the stick? What's the matter with you?" Labs are so funny. I once worked in this place that had a chocolate lab (owner's dog), and every day I'd take him out for a romp in this field with a tennis ball. He'd always get sidetracked and lose the ball. There was a turkey farm down the road and he would leave turkey feet on the door mat outside the office as an offering. He would sit and stare and drool at me when I had my lunch. I loved him. That pic reminds me of that *look*.

I'm wearing Kate by Kate Moss this morning.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    That dog is saying, "Throw the stick, throw the stick...why don't you just throw the stick? What's the matter with you?" Labs are so funny. I once worked in this place that had a chocolate lab (owner's dog), and every day I'd take him out for a romp in this field with a tennis ball. He'd always get sidetracked and lose the ball. There was a turkey farm down the road and he would leave turkey feet on the door mat outside the office as an offering. He would sit and stare and drool at me when I had my lunch. I loved him. That pic reminds me of that *look*.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Easyfish, you smell fabulous in those vintage Halstons, especially Z-14
    Will second that! You really do smell wonderful! I'm especially fond of Z14, too. Also, love the pics of Roy!

I'm a terrible perfumista, only 25 or so years into this hobby, I'm finally sampling Bal a Versailles. And holy smokes! Like very much. Sure is skanky, bet this could get me the evil eye if I wore it to say, the mall here in mainstream Fort Wayne!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

From my regular rotation:
    Last edited by Quarry; 24th October 2012 at 07:54 PM.

Chanel's Cuir de Russie.
    Bad girls don't cry but get even.

Good Evening,

Wolf-whistles all round, tonight. Everyone in here smells f-a-b
    Scent twin with the ever fragrant Foustie: Back to Black.
    Disappearing now to finish reading my book.
    Best to all, smell you tomorrow. xx

Good evening,
    More Jicky pour moi... I'm on a roll... again

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    I'm a terrible perfumista, only 25 or so years into this hobby, I'm finally sampling Bal a Versailles. And holy smokes! Like very much. Sure is skanky, bet this could get me the evil eye if I wore it to say, the mall here in mainstream Fort Wayne!
    That's exactly why you should. Somebody has to represent the old school. Let 'em know you mean business.

All I got on is a very small spritz of Musc Rav on my hand for a little sampling. I smell something a little chocolate-y in this.

30R..I was just reading up on that Hermes..definitely one I may need to check out.

I keep missing my morning ritual of BN reading and posting - been too busy. But I try to catch up.

Different Company Bois d'Iris today for early morning meeting.

I am wantonly sampling today:

10 Corso Como (lovely oudh sandalwood)
    Bergamote by The Different Company (wonderful, accurate, maybe too obvious, doesn't last long on me)
    Perla by Farmacia Ss. Annunziata (glorious lemon vanilla)
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Good evening superb smelling souls.

Been in Guerlain Metallica today. Not keen on the opening but drool at the dry down. Yesterday was PG Tonkemande then needed the narcotic sleep inducing effect of Terracotta Eau Sous le Vent layered over SL A La Nuit. Been a stressful couple of work days and I'm counting down to my next week off?

Welcome to Bamboogrrrl pull up a chair and enjoy the chatter

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bamboogrrrl View Post
    I am wantonly sampling today:

10 Corso Como (lovely oudh sandalwood)
    Bergamote by The Different Company (wonderful, accurate, maybe too obvious, doesn't last long on me)
    Perla by Farmacia Ss. Annunziata (glorious lemon vanilla)
    New friend in the house!
    Welcome, bamboogrrrl.

Hey y'all!

Boy oh boy, it's such a beautiful day here ...what a spectacular time of year! I've been passing this gorgeous afternoon in another vintage favorite, Ralph Lauren's wonderful Lauren ...and strangely enough, thinking of shades' sister, lol!

Indeed, another big "welcome" to brand spankin' new bamboogrrrl! So nice to meet you!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Welcome, bamboogrrrl! Hope you're enjoying BN!

Lilybelle, you're so right and I will be wearing BaV somewhere. I can take it, I once got a furiously nasty look from a woman at Walgreen's when she got a whiff of my No.19 trail. Didn't bother me because 1. I've been told since I was a Shalimar wearing kid that my tastes are unusual for my age and 2. this woman was out in public in her pajamas. Not exactly in a position to judge!

Just to really stink up the place, decided to sample Le Baiser du Dragon on the other arm. Also has personality to spare but it's the BaV that feels like one of "my" scents. Will gladly represent the old school in this Desprez beauty.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Awww, thanks for the welcoming! My comfy chair is pulled up for the party that is Basenotes!
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Blog Entries

Well, it turns out Mom has arthritis in her left AC (acromioclavicular) joint-- where the shoulder blade meets the collarbone, on the top of the shoulder. And bursitis.

She got a cortisone shot and has to have PT 3x/week for the next month at least. I will need to accompany her. It's in her building, but she will not be able to remember how to get there-- never mind remembering to go at all. I hope this does the trick for her.

Welcome to bamboogrrrl!

Welcome Bamboogrrrl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    ... and 2. this woman was out in public in her pajamas. Not exactly in a position to judge!
    Lol!

Hi, bamboogrrrl!

Pearl Musk by Ava Luxe this afternoon.

Just did a little testdrive of Rose Poivre by the Different Company. I don't think I do rose/cumin as a lifestyle choice... Interesting tho.
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Good evening!

Gardénia Pétale - Van Cleef & Arpels

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTN: Gucci Pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Well, it turns out Mom has arthritis in her left AC (acromioclavicular) joint-- where the shoulder blade meets the collarbone, on the top of the shoulder. And bursitis.

She got a cortisone shot and has to have PT 3x/week for the next month at least. I will need to accompany her. It's in her building, but she will not be able to remember how to get there-- never mind remembering to go at all. I hope this does the trick for her.
    30R, keeping my fingers crossed for your mother's swift recovery. Poor thing needs a break and so do you!

Welcome, Bamboogrrrl!!!

Wearing Songes to bed...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by *dora* View Post
    Good evening!

Gardénia Pétale - Van Cleef & Arpels
    *dora* wonderful...
    Do happy

Roberto Cavalli 2012 is my SotE.

Drizzly here, the temps dropped down 30 degrees since morning and we are expecting snow tomorrow night.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Castile by Penhaligon's.

Eau de Shalimar
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

I got the Drole De Rose today! But..Idk..have you ever bought a scent, got it and kind of wished you got a different one? LOL. I do like this one..but still deep down, I am still craving a different one I was thinking of getting, I was hoping I wouldn't lol. Women, bad at making up our minds, eh? Lol.
    Last edited by kalli; 24th October 2012 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    I got the Drole De Rose today! But..Idk..have you ever bought a scent, got it and kind of wished you got a different one? LOL. I do like this one..but still deep down, I am still craving a different one I was thinking of getting, I was hoping I wouldn't lol. Women, bad at making up our minds, eh? Lol.
    Oh kalli - you obviously really liked it at one point in order to buy it, hope that love comes back! Do not feel guilty or bad about it though or regret not choosing another - either sell it and move on, or embrace it for what it is

My scent of the evening was Rubj Parfum by Vero Profumo, whilst I prefer the EDP, this is undoubtably one hell of an amazing fragrance, and my favourite orange blossom of all time

I'm wearing my own blend today: L'Air du Shannon. It's a mixture of blood orange, heliotrope, and dark amber.

E, so funny that you remembered me saying my sister used to wear Lauren! The last time I saw her a few weeks ago, she was wearing Bijan. I'll have to show you a picture of her ...

hugs to all (especially 30R and her mom!) ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Neil Morris Prowl today. I always smell something like grape koolaid at the top but moves quickly into nice spicy territory.

Thanks Forfreddie, lol. Too funny. My sample of it was so small that I really may have not gotten the full wearing effect as I do now. There's something that's a bit much to me about this...where it actually decides to stay on the skin. Just wears differently..but ya, I may sell..may give it a little time. lol. Maybe it's colder outside and am craving something more gourmand..haha, like I said, women, haha. I can only get one perfume as am on a real budget right now..so if it's one..it's gotta be one I really, really like. lol.
    Last edited by kalli; 25th October 2012 at 01:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Hugs back at you all!

@kalli, if you try it again when the weather is a tiny bit cooler, it may sit better with you.
    But sometimes you really do have to sample more first. I made a mistake when I bought Mimosa Pour Moi based on a sample. And it was 100 ml, too. Ended up reselling it.

Lol..it can't get much colder..lol..snow..it's winter officially! I did like it a bit when I was outside in that super cold weather for a bit. But meh..lol..one of those days where I am not impressed with anything really. I like Drole, it's just I think if I can only have one bottle for quite a while..I am going to be pretty picky I suppose. And it wears different..just cause instead of a little dab..it's several sprays. Next time..I will wear more samples and douse myself in it to make sure I totally dig it. I much prefer spray samples as opposed to little dab ons. And now I am wondering..and so is my husband why I didn't get Ineke. lol. Oh well! Big hugs to you 30R..and everyone!