Code of Conduct

Default Question for the Vintage Scholars-Emeraude

I found this Emeraude and I was wondering about the date. I'm guessing 70's, but I'm not sure. Bottom says blended in USA and has a NY zip code. It's described on the label as a "fragrance roll-on" and not as a perfume. Any ideas? In advance, thank you.
    2283481.JPG

Default Re: Question for the Vintage Scholars-Emeraude

I have several bottles of vintage Emeraude, from pure perfume to PdT, all dating from the 1940s to the 1970s, but have never seen a roll-on. Judging from the color of the juice (1980s on up tend to be bright Kelly green, although this could have faded due to light), however, I'd guess this is pre-1980s at least. How does it smell? Most all the juices of 1980s and later that I've smelled pack a weird citrusy/chemical whollop while the earlier "good stuff" is very much a creamy herbal concoction in the vein of Shalimar, only more Tom Boy than Femme Fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumePorMoi View Post
    I have several bottles of vintage Emeraude, from pure perfume to PdT, all dating from the 1940s to the 1970s, but have never seen a roll-on. Judging from the color of the juice (1980s on up tend to be bright Kelly green, although this could have faded due to light), however, I'd guess this is pre-1980s at least. How does it smell? Most all the juices of 1980s and later that I've smelled pack a weird citrusy/chemical whollop while the earlier "good stuff" is very much a creamy herbal concoction in the vein of Shalimar, only more Tom Boy than Femme Fatal.
    Thanks for the information. Sorry for my late reply, it's been hot here and I haven't wanted to put the Emmeraude on as it's a little too overwhelming for me. Trying it now on a cooler evening along with a mini of Shalimar of unknown vintage, (but it does come in a cute bottle that looks like the older Shalimars and the stopper is cut glass, so who knows, not me) and they smell similar to me but the Emmeraude is more woodier, but it's kind of a creamy, herbal barnyard kind of scent, if that makes any sense, with a little citrus that fades pretty quick.
    Maybe I like this more than I originally thought. When I got it it was full, but it leaked on the way home and utterly polluted my bag, so I was thinking I did not like it. In the proper amount, it's actually quite nice.
    Thanks again for responding to my post.

I was looking on ebay yesterday, and noticed that there were a few Emeraude roll ons described as "parfum", ie high cncentration. Haven't paid much attention, so I don't know if the botte looks like that.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I was looking on ebay yesterday, and noticed that there were a few Emeraude roll ons described as "parfum", ie high cncentration. Haven't paid much attention, so I don't know if the botte looks like that.

cacio
    Thanks, I'll check that out.

Blog Entries

I remember seeing those in the seventies. I liked Emeraude then. Now I only wear vintage.

I have another vintage Emeraude question -- anyone know how old this cologne would be?DSC06888-e1337376602763-225x300.jpg
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

Thalia, so glad to see you back! Your bottle is from the late 70s (starting as Christmas 1977 Edition). There once was a similar design in the late 40s but yours has a sprayer and the cap is different.

Old Emeraude is a beauty. I horde a few very old bottles! That roll on looks to be 70's I would think. And from the smell you describe, it is not the newer stuff. Enjoy!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Hi, TWOLF! I stop in now and then when my perfume obsession ramps up. Thanks very much for the info -- I bid on it on eBay without knowing whether it was the good stuff, now I'm excited about getting it.
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!