Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Sunday 14th October 2012

Morning ladies,

I hope everyone has a nice relaxing Sunday! My boss phoned me yesterday and said I've got tomorrow off aswell so I'm in a very good mood. I might go for a walk if the rain stays off.

Because I'm in my good mood, I'm going to wear my latest obsession. Caron -Tabac Blond and again, thank you Larimar

Default Re: SOTD: Sunday 14th October 2012

Maaaaawning honey! I have a nice long free day stretching out in front of me too. Lovely. Ah! You have discoverd the most fatale of the femmes. A fatal attraction! Enjoy!

I'm going to skiddle about with samples today. I might do a M7 Vintage/M7 Oud Absolu comparison, dunno.....

UPDATE: Changed my mind. I am in my scent sisters Rose Pivoine Extrait. These Ava Luxe roses are gorgeous.
    Last edited by Foustie; 14th October 2012 at 01:29 PM.

Hi Auntie Foustie!

It's Jicky Sunday for me.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, SOTD is Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude, a quiet, powdery take on the original, paler and drier. A comfy skin scent.
    Notes include bergamot, mandarin, pink and black pepper, jasmine, muguet, coconut water, honey, musk, sandalwood, amber, heliotrope, vanilla and Melted Woods NaturePrint (lol, whatever that is)

Have a lovely Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all. Hope everyone is well. Hypnotic Poison for me today

Hello all. I had a walk- under the rain, at times!- and did some testing.
    I'm happily wearing Huitième Art Myrrhiad (another one on top of my winter wishlist...) AND Etro Patchouly- quite straightforward and simple, but comme il faut!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Knowing by Estee Lauder for me today, my signature scent.

You all are smelling lovely. Evening Edged In Gold for me, go NINERS!
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

Manes by Remy LaTour

Hi all,

Fly-by posting.Testing the new Liz Earle No.15 EdP. Reminds me just a smidge of Eau des Baux, with cinnamon and spices and benzoin / tonka / bourbon vanilla.

Best to everyone.

This is a rather lush and sexy thread this morning! Tabac Blond, Jicky and Hypnotic Poison??? wow.
    I am wearing Iris Ganache from a tiny decant over Le Labo Iris 39 body massage oil.
    Have a beautiful Sunday, all.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone!

Beautiful day shaping up outside, warm (53) and sunny.

Today is a special day for my husband and I, it's our 34th anniversary!
    Wow, how time flies.

SotD is Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb.

Have a great day!

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Kiliwia! That's certainly an achievement worth celebrating. Have lovely day both of you.

Dark Rose by Czech & Speake.

adding: Happy Anniversary to Mrs. & Mr. Kiliwia!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 14th October 2012 at 05:35 PM.

Congratulations to Mr & Mrs Kiliwia, an extraordinary achievement in current times.

SotD is a smidge of EldO Tom of Finland. Vanilla suede enough to get past this horrible cold

Happy anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. Kiliwia!

Continuing with the Japanese theme today; Satori by Parfum Satori. Notes inslude: bergamot, coriander, cinnamon, clove, cacao, frankincense, sandalwood and oak moss.

Lotus_Flower_IMG_6843.jpg
    Do happy

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Sunday 14th October 2012

samples
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

queen of the universe

It's fall. I'm bathing every other day and wearing SL Sarrasins.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Serge Lutens Louve.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Tubereuse Criminelle

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Many fragrant returns to you both, Mrs. & Mr. Kiliwia !!!
    xo.

Nice thread today.

Happy Anni to the Kiliwias and many more years together. I am proud of our almost 14 years with Mr.T through thick and through thin, and your years together are really impressive and an inspiration to all of us.

My SotD is an older Guy Laroche J'ai Ose and we are eating Dulce de Leche ice-cream.

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Bandit again today ... I wore it yesterday to a very rainy football game. It's rare for me to wear something twice in a row, but I sort of feel like I got cheated on the Bandit experience yesterday.

Happy anniversary to the Kiliwias

Enjoy the last day of the weekend, everyone!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Hey y'all -

I'm joining lilybelle in deep, lush roses for the afternoon - mine is By Kilian's magnificent Rose Oud.

Foustie - I completely agree, Ava Luxe does a fantastic job with her roses, but the one you're in is a luscious pink peony, the absolute best peony perfume on the market, if you ask me. You smell divine!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

(((Evangeline))), you always smell gorgeous.

I'm wearing my evening staple: vintage Chantilly. Perhaps I should resign from Basenotes as this seems to be the only thing I want lately - and for a good long while too. Maybe it's a hormonal phase? I encourage myself to try all sorts of samples, and to wear my other fragrances, but I keep gravitating to this powdery sweet vintage fragrance. I just feel very good in it, very good in my own skin, and very comforted. Sometimes it makes me sneeze until it settles in...I feel self conscious about wearing it in public because I don't want to offend people...but this is what I live in at home. And my husband doesn't mind it. He would let me know if he did. I know I don't have to make excuses about my love for any scent to all of you, but I am bemused by my faithfulness to this fragrance. I have never stuck with the same fragrance for such a length of time.

Blog Entries

Happy Anniversary to the Kiliwias!

Somehow I forgot to apply scent today, what with everything going on.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Banana Republic Classic by Banana Republic.

Black by Bijan. I think it's men's. Oh well.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nahema pdt. underwhelmed. had to use up so much just to understand the stuff. my computer charger also just started catching on fire. smells similar to Nahema.

^Now that's a surprising reaction, anomie - I was somehow under the impression that you loved Nahema...? I've actuallly grown a bit less fond of it since I got it ...sometimes it's amazing, then other times it smells to me like Mitsouko plus rose, which just doesn't appeal to me as much.

Why, thank you ((lilybelle)), so do you, you know. And I bet you smell extra nice in your frilly Chantilly! As I recall it's a soft and powdery, ambery oriental along the lines of Emeraude, is that right?

I'm indulging in lots of Coco this evening, body cream and 80s edp. ♥ ♥ ♥

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    ^Now that's a surprising reaction, anomie - I was somehow under the impression that you loved Nahema...? I've actuallly grown a bit less fond of it since I got it ...sometimes it's amazing, then other times it smells to me like Mitsouko plus rose, which just doesn't appeal to me as much.

Why, thank you ((lilybelle)), so do you, you know. And I bet you smell extra nice in your frilly Chantilly! As I recall it's a soft and powdery, ambery oriental along the lines of Emeraude, is that right?

I'm indulging in lots of Coco this evening, body cream and 80s edp. ♥ ♥ ♥

Yeah, I really liked it on paper, and the vintage mini parfum I had was great, but the current pdt is just bad on me. Always changing minds on frags though! I think I admire Nahema as a structure but not to wear. I could see it be amazing on someone else though.

Lol ...always so diplomatic! But (not to quibble, just for clarification) I don't think there is a current pdt ...I'm pretty sure that "pdt" is simply the vintage version of "edp" and would have to be from the late 80s, at the latest. Maybe yours has just gone a bit off? I've never actually smelled the current edp (or parfum, or edt) but I just can't imagine that it could actually be bad. But no matter - of course it can't be everyone's cup of tea.