Black Tea by Murdock
Thread: Top Complimented Niche?
I noticed on the "most complimented" frags list there are not many Niche scents other than Creed's towards the top. So what say you what are your most complimented Niche frags by the general public? Looking to try some samples that also double as people pleasers for work place/date?
Black Tea by Murdock
Endymion by Penhaligons
Sorry to be boring, but Aventus.
Green Irish Tweed.
Current top 10 (No order):
1. Pure Havane
2. Menthe Fraiche
3. Tobacco Vanille
4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
5. Green Irish Tweed
7. Musc Ravageur
8. Tonka Imperial
9. Gucci Pour Homme II
10. Dior Homme Intense
Current Summer Favorites:
1. Creed - Original Cologne
2. Xerjoff - Nio
3. Creed - Aventus
4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
6. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
7. Montale - Aoud Legacy
8. Dior - Homme Sport 2012
9. Creed - Virgin Island Water
10. Kenneth Cole - Black
Les Nuits d'Hadrien
Aventus by Creed.
Aventus is supposed to get compliments (though I never get any, nor do I care really)
Tobacco Vanille is pretty popular with both men and women
Last edited by OctaVariuM; 14th October 2012 at 03:22 PM.
Tobacco Vanilla , Sweet Oriental Dream, Blue Amber, Fleurs d'Oranger, Absolu pour le Soir
... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.
Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...
TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hard to day. Maybe Montale Oud Pur Oriental
Epic Man, by Amouage. Ironically, it's my least favorite niche, but people love it!
My Top 5!!!
1. 1740: Marquis de Sade, Histoires de Parfums
2. Sweet Redemption, by Kilian
3. Tirrenico, Profumi del Forte
4. Je Suis un Homme, Etat Libre d'Orange
5. Derby, Guerlain
"Coincidence is God's way of winking." --Me
"It's alright to flirt with the idea of giving up, so long as you don't." --Me
Green Irish Tweed & Black Aoud
In no particular order:
Acqua di Parma Colonia / Essenza
I keep repping Creed because to my nose and to those around me it satisfies every single time. Aventus and MI are definite compliment getters.
probably Tobacco Vanille...that's about it. Niche ain't good at getting compliments.
My sales thread
I rarely get compliments, but the last time I remember getting one was when I wore Green Irish Tweed.
would add New Haarlem to the ones mentioned.
Just last week I had a woman at the hotel where I was staying heap praise on my Green Irish Tweed. However, I would have to say Aventus is the top attention getter that I own. I look forward to seeing if Musc Ravageur is as popular once I get off my lazy butt and purchase a bottle.
I don't get too many compliments with Niche fragrances. Then again, I only own decants of MI, OS, and NY Oud. I believe OS was the only one that turned heads.
Not exactly compliments, but Creed's Aventus and Silver Mountain Water get noticed when I wear them.
Aventus. I should wear Windsor more often
New York by PdN
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie