Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Vetiver, the new "old" bottle

I've been wearing this for 15 years and recently purchased the new bottle and it smells horrible on me. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Default Re: Guerlain Vetiver, the new "old" bottle

I find it hardly smells of anything at all.

Are you referring to the bottle that is the same shape as the Habit Rouge bottle? If yes, I have the same problem.

The older wider bottle smells great, IMO. The sales assistant told me that the formula has not changed, but I disagree.

Count me in when it comes to finding the new Guerlain Vetiver a major dissapointment. Thankfully there's a nifty little discount perfume store not too far away from me that has a nice store of the old bottles which nobody seems interested in. Shame I have so much stuff on my list to buy or I'd grab 'em all, but as it stands I just picked up their tester and one boxed backup. I'll probably get another this month.

These are the wider, shorter ribbed bottles with frosted glass. If anyone in Sydney wants to know the store I can send a PM. They've got a few discontinued scents actually. I think they charge about 50-60 dollars for this one.

The new one is lousy. Get the ribbed frosted one. It's the best I have tried.

Yep, it's horrible!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Actually, the new version is the one i like best. The tobacco in the ribbed/frosted bottle was a bit too much for me. Plus i like the citrus brightness of the topnotes.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

the xtrem version suits me better!
    ...This used to be real estate.....Now it's only fields and trees......Where, where is the town now?
    It's nothing but flowers......

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Actually, the new version is the one i like best. The tobacco in the ribbed/frosted bottle was a bit too much for me. Plus i like the citrus brightness of the topnotes.
    I would agree. I use to find the old version a bit harsh. Sure thing it's got more citrus, but the dry down is softer and somehow more modern.
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Basenotes Junkie

It's funny, there was a thread a while ago where the consensus was that the new version in the Habit Rouge style bottle was superior to the one in the ribbed bottle and smells more like the original vintage formula. Now this thread says exactly the opposite. You guys are a riot!

I find them very similar, but this does appear to be very much a 'YMMV' issue. Some noses are more sensitive to certain components than others.

I love the new "old bottle" Guerlain vetiver

i need Pictures! haha i have a ribbed one but there are more than one reformulation and need to know which is the good and which is considered the least favorite.

I love the old stuff but recently bought the new in the new bottle--it is a sort of shadow of its former self, but that is okay in some regards. I wear it when I am going to a business meeting and want my scent to be as low key as possible. I also wear it with the aftershave, which I love.