Code of Conduct

Thread: Which of the 3?

Basenotes Member

Default Which of the 3?

Hi everyone I was wondering which fragrance is the better blind buy and compliment getter I am thinking of buying either Bleu de chanel, Allure homme sport, or one million. Im 17 if it matters and in high school I will be using them in class so I don't want suffocate anyone. Also which one do you think is worth the full price their asking for the cologne I can't sample because the store near me doesn't carry either. Thanks again.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Which of the 3?

The only one I own is 1 Million (currently wearing it) and I thoroughly enjoy it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three. They're all great compliment getters. If your main goal is to get compliments, all three will work. But if you want a great scent because you want to enjoy how you smell, I'd skip all three to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I still like 1 Million very much. It just could never be a signature scent for me.

I say go with Bleu de Chanel. It's a great fragrance and is subtle enough for class. You'd probably also stick out a bit more as it's a bit more classy than the other two, IMO.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    I'm not obsessed, I'm passionately intrigued. The difference is how much money I have available to spend!

Blog Entries

From your list, I'd pick Bleu de Chanel -- clean, fresh, and inoffensive.

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    I say go with Bleu de Chanel. It's a great fragrance and is subtle enough for class. You'd probably also stick out a bit more as it's a bit more classy than the other two, IMO.
    +1.
    Even if you decide not to go with Bleu de Chanel, don't go with 1 Million, not for class at least IMO.

Default bleu de Chanel

only one choice: Bleu de Chanel

Another +1 for Bleu de Chanel here
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

One million is warmer-sweeter, the other two are fresher and more citric. So in a way it depends on what you want, warm or fresh. But as others were saying, One million is potent and not really suitable for a crowded class, if not in minute doses. Between the other two, I'd also vote for Bleu, I find Allure too sharp. Still, Bleu is safe, and certainly pleasing, but somewhat uninspiring.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I would pick Allure sport. I million I have heard is really loud.

Bleu de Chanel

Basenotes Member

Seems like Bleu de chanel is the winner thanks guys.

best of luck!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    I'm not obsessed, I'm passionately intrigued. The difference is how much money I have available to spend!

Bleu is the move.

Stay away from 1 million in the classroom. I would go with Bleu!

1 Million is probably more of a compliment getter, simply because it gets noticed more. However, Bleu will work just as well. I can almost guarantee you will be reaching for Bleu more often than 1 million

Banned

1 Million by Paco Rabanne is excellent for clubbing, while Allure Homme Sport by Chanel is a great, summer scent. But, Bleu de Chanel by Chanel is an an all-season scent thriving in spring, summer and fall, and will serve you well in the classroom environment.

&

Has anyone mentioned Bleu de Chanel as thats my pick.

Go for Bleu and the girls will swoon at your feet!
    the good, the bad, the ugly & the ludicrous...

1 Million is my answer for a 17 year old.
    Last edited by elbenja; 15th October 2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: I found an answer above I like better.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Because you are 17 and probably love to go clubbing/partying, I would recommend one million so that you can always be surrounded by one million's scent bubble. However, if you wish to be different and more classy than your average 17 year old male, than I'd go with Blue de Chanel.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Because you are 17 and probably love to go clubbing/partying, I would recommend one million so that you can always be surrounded by one million's scent bubble. However, if you wish to be different and more classy than your average 17 year old male, than I'd go with Blue de Chanel.
    Agree, word by word...
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"..... I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Fall: | Gucci PH | Cacharel Nemo |
    YSL M7 | LAP L'Eau du Navigateur | Guerlain Heritage | YSL M7 OA | T.Mugler Pure Havane | Terre d'Hermes | Armani Attitude | T.Mugler B*Men | Lancome Miracle Homme | T.Mugler Pure Wood |