Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Question Fragrance layers clashing?

If I had one specific signature scent that I used all the time, then I'd probably get the gift set to make sure I match with the same scented body wash, aftershave and deodorant.

That's not the case. I have a growing collection (no where NEAR the massive & impressive wardrobes on this site!) and now I'm confused about layering.

What do you all do for bodywash/deodorants to layer without clashing or blocking your fragrances? Are those collections as widespread as your fragrance collections?

Also, for what it's worth, I'm a big guy in a hot climate so I'm less interested in an "all natural mineral oil" deodorant alternative that will help my fragrance stand out... I'd rather use an anti-perspirant that WORKS.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    I'm not obsessed, I'm passionately intrigued. The difference is how much money I have available to spend!

Default Re: Fragrance layers clashing?

This is why I always shower the night before, and never the day of (unless it is for a special event). Typically, the scent of my body wash will die down within a few hours. I take a shower the night before, and by the next morning I am clean and ready to spray.
    If I need to shower the day of, I use unscented soap.

Dependent

everything is unscented. deoterant, lotion, bodywash

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by calilove View Post
    Same here

Where do you guys find your unscented antiperspirants & bodywash? I've found lotion, but have yet to find truly unscented antiperspirants & bodywash.

Dependent

doves body wash is what i use. unscented n has a moisterzer

Most body washes, even if scented, disappear quickly. Unscented body washes that are easy to find include Eucerin shower oil and Castile soap unscented.

cacio

doves body wash is what i use. unscented n has a moisterzer
    hmmm, I'll have to take another look at that. My wife uses Dove body wash, but I always thought it was scented. Now that I think about it, maybe it's the sensitive skin one that is relatively unscented. Thanks for the tip!

I mainly shower before bed, with a simple light-scented soap. And for deodorant, usually an unscented one.

(Though sometimes I'll use a strong aftershave and matching deodorant, like Old Spice or Tabac, and that's all)
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    Where do you guys find your unscented antiperspirants & bodywash? I've found lotion, but have yet to find truly unscented antiperspirants & bodywash.
    It doesn't necessarily have to be unscented. Just buy something that is generally strong enough to stop sweat, but weak on the fragrance side. Irish springs for example. It smells nice when applied, but I doubt anyone can actually smell it while my shirt is on. Today's combination was Curve deodorant (generally strong) + DHS. DHS masked the smell of curve.

All very good input. I'll look into the brands suggested here.

Typically I use a fresh scented bodywash (yes, it usually fades quickly) and a fresh scented deodorant... If i use a fresh fragrance, they tend to blend nicely... and if I use a stronger scent (like JV Vintage) it masks everything else. Nonetheless, I'll look at other scent-free options.
    Thanks again!
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    I'm not obsessed, I'm passionately intrigued. The difference is how much money I have available to spend!