Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SOTD: Tuesday 16th October 2012

Morning my lovelies,

Today is a horrid day, I'm back at work after being of for just under 3 weeks and it is raining cats and dogs extremely heavily. Not a good start to the day.

I will be wearing Dior - Homme in the hope that it cheers me up.

I hope everyone has a good or at least better Monday that it will be up here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SOTD: Tuesday 16th October 2012

today i wear Vanilia
    such a beautiful scent but it took me like 8 months to go from cant wear it to i love it so much its delicate not clyoing at all, EDT concentration....just like modern shalimar, without incense note so lighter, and happeir with "banana" hint this comes from combination of other notes

stupid question but can someone say what SOTD stands for ? thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    stupid question but can someone say what SOTD stands for ? thanks!
    Not a stupid question - I wondered the same when I first joined. It stands for: Scent Of The Day.

All this talk of No.5 had me reaching again for the 80s EdP.

Have a lovely day, folks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

cool and you are from London hehe, thank you!!! i usually post my scent of the day so here one can elaborate more nice!! will follow this regulary now until i explain all my scents haha

so you see what powers marketing has!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another cool but sunny day here in Shropshire.

Wearing Rive Gauche.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi iivanita and welcome to SOTD!

COUP DE FOUET for me today, courtesy of you know who. Thank You! What an opening!! A blow your head off cloves, cinammon, and pepper, Carnation. Wow!

Testing 4160Tuesdays Urura's Tokyo Cafe today. Opens with a delicious, edible blast of blackcurrant jam and violets. Dries down to a grassy tuberose-orange blossom similar to La Chasse aux Papillons, still with blackcurrant and a touch of liquorice. Yummy!

Ineke Gilded Lily.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

SOTD is Emeraude vintage pdt. Wish you all a very good day!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Post Thanks / Like

Bonjour Mesdames!

Drakkar Noir, vintage (first formulation)

Sampling L'Artisan Parfumeur Séville à l'aube today. Managed to spill half my sample on the floor and quite a bit on my hands though, but looking at the bright side I do have enough left for a few more wearings. Have a great day everyone!

M Micallef Emir

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Tuesday 16th October 2012

samples
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jaipur Homme. I smell delicious.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sampling Tom Ford's Jonquille de Nuit this morning, thanks very much to a BN friend. It's a little early in the day for me for this type of scent, and on an empty stomach, too, but we'll see how we get along. I love jonquil and narcissus notes, but the TFs don't generally love my skin. I wonder why a French name for an American fragrance? I suppose it just sounds better. Wishing you all an especially wonder-filled day.

adding...thumbs down from the Mister on this one. "Too perfumey" he says. I only put a small amount on between the wrists, and I didn't ask him. He never likes Tom Ford frags on me. They are very potent and masculine for me. I wish Kilian had done this one (I mean Calice Becker).
    Last edited by lilybelle; 16th October 2012 at 01:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone -

Foustie's mention of it a few days ago has me craving Ava Luxe's Pivoine Rose, and now I'm surrounded by luscious peonies, quite a luxury in mid-October.

Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon lovely people!

I'm test driving Lady Murasaki by Parfum Satori. It's a shame she can't ship internationally... I think her perfumes will do well abroad.

Lady Murasaki's notes include muscat, rose, jasmine, violet, sandalwood and musk.

Do happy

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning, all.

I'm in Côté Bastide Fleurs d'Oranger today.

After I finish downing my shredded wheat, I'll go to Redbox to pick up The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel to watch with Mom this morning, and distract her from the rebound headaches that are back. I think they may be diminishing as they don't continue all day, but it will probably be a while until she has none at all. Sitting around in her apartment all day alone (her choice, won't go to activities) does not provide enough distraction.
    We have at least 3 conversations each day about them. *sigh*
    This too shall pass....

Post Thanks / Like

Burberry Classic for me today, the working woman whether she feels like it or not.

Post Thanks / Like

. Good morning all, today I'm wearing Coral Flower by Lolita Lempicka

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be a **long** day, so I went with one of my comforting favorites:

Habit Rouge (vintage EdT + vintage Deodorant + a few drops of L'Extrait) by Guerlain

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, mike, I was just going to post that I hope today is less busy and stressful for you! I'm sorry. Hang in there, though -- things will get better.

LadyMurasaki, that fragrance sounds wonderful -- please let us know how it wears!

30R, you're a wonderful daughter. Your mom is so lucky to have you. I've been meaning to see Marigold for a while but haven't found (made?) the time -- is it as good as the trailers look?

I used the last remaining dregs of my Visa decant this morning. I had forgotten how much I love that stuff. I need to re-order, as Visa and Tubereuse Criminelle are so far the only florals (fruity or otherwise) I seem to enjoy in autumn and winter.

Story Blue by Bogart

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, the first time I slept well in the last two weeks. Did not want to wake up -- Mr.T called me on the landline from the garage, sneaky beast (and I am using it lovingly) so that I can get up and grab the phone, the accent being on get up.

OK, sad to hear about JR, Ali and juji personal lives.
    Pleased and excited to read about BN gettogether in Las Vegas.
    Glad some packages made it quite quickly.
    Thank you 30R for having mentioned Marigold Hotel -- I have never heard of it under my rock, I will check it on Amazon and possibly order from my library.
    And last but not least -- we are having October Blind Sniff in progress, hosted by cacio. Please join us.

Guerlain Shanghai, because cello loves it and there is so much talk about it on the Las Vegas thread.

Avon ~ Black Suede

Post Thanks / Like

Today I felt the call of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm testing By Kilian Forbidden Games today. ooooohhhh This is a BIG, lush fruity scent with tons of silage.

Top notes: apple, peach, plum, cinnamon
    Middle notes: Bulgarian rose, bourbon geranium, jasmine
    Base notes: vanilla, honey, opoponax

Hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon!

Just made it back from my dentist appointment, no snow and ice to stop us this time. Implant is all done and it wasn't all that bad. SotM was a little Givenchy Organza and now it's time for some Serge Luten A La Nuit.

Have a great day, everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening,
    it was a wonderful sunny and clear autumn day, today, with a spectacular sunset!
    I'm wearing Farnesiana.
    Have a nice evening
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Post Thanks / Like

Caron Narcisse Noir,I wish they would turn on the furnace at work, it's freezing even with a a space heater.

Post Thanks / Like

I've moved on to Habanita edt. It is so addictive I can't keep my nose away from my wrist. This fragrance, even though it isn't 100% 'me', I LOVE, love losing myself in it, not feeling overwhelmed but rather taken on a lovely little holiday, an unexpected treat. It conjures up good feelings. I love its vintage powdery quality, which I'm very into right now. I suppose this is like getting to know a good friend of a friend, and being pleasantly surprised. No...it's a friend's cousin who is visiting from out of town. This is the cousin of my dear friends Chantilly and Toujours Moi.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 16th October 2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: can't write or think anymore. :-/

appt at dentist today! yikes. Right after someone told me that they had a really bad experience with the same thing I am getting done, lol. Hate the dentist..haha, maybe I will wear a bomb just cause. Just kidding..I wouldn't want him to mess up on account of my bomb! Ambra Di Luna maybe..even though it makes me a little sneezey it's so good. Oh man, I hate the dentist! I may have to just douse myself in something nice and hope for the best. Last dentist I had messed up on this tooth so..I've had to get some stuff done to it as a result. Horrible!

Have a good one! xoxo
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all. Parfum de Nicholai Kiss Me Tender
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

Fragranceman, hope your rainy return to work went ok after all. If only vacations came around more often!

iivanita, welcome! Please do stick around and tell us about your scents! After we have heard about them all, keep coming back, anyway. We do not mind repitition; this gang has tolerated my repeated postings of Shalimar and No. 5 with no complaints!

E., you know I have a compliment for you today! You smell bee-yoo-ti-ful! If not for you, neither Foustie nor I would know Pivoine Rose, thank you for sharing that excellent tip!

Just for my Brad Pitt loving friends, I will admit that I liked The Mexican quite a bit, very funny. Lilybelle, you should see this one if you haven't yet.

Good luck today, kalli!

Estee Lauder Private Collection today. Smooches to all of you!
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 16th October 2012 at 05:23 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Chanel Bois des Iles today - a very quick in and out for a busy day.

Thanks, it's all about the Ramon Monegal..I used the rest of the sample today, what to do after that? I need a full bottle! I didn't like the Mexican, LOL. Haha, my hubs hated it too, I mean Julia Roberts plus Brad Pitt...ugh. Luckily, we both have the same taste. Sorry, I guess that was for the Brad Pitt loving friends. I think that one was the last one I saw though, the Mexican. Julia Roberts, another pet peeve lol.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, everyone! JPG Classique X

Post Thanks / Like

Quite alright,kalli! I like a gal who knows her own tastes, comment away! For me, the beauty of The Mexican was that I enjoyed it in spite of Julia Roberts! She is hard to love, lol! But I have to admit, it really made me laugh!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    E., you know I have a compliment for you today! You smell bee-yoo-ti-ful! If not for you, neither Foustie nor I would know Pivoine Rose, thank you for sharing that excellent tip!
    You're so great, ((PLady)) - thank you! I was feeling pretty blue today and didn't think I was going to come back and chat with y'all until I saw your message, which cheered me up immensely and even managed to turn things around. I tell you, small words have lots of power. I should mention that it was Wolfie who turned me on to Serena's peonies, but that one, simply called Peonies, was discontinued - I took a leap of faith that Pivoine Rose would be just as nice, and I actually think it's a bit better. Oh btw, you're also smellin' rather gorgeous in your Private Collection.

I had a long run followed by a hot shower, so Pivoine Rose is but a memory. I'm in Agent Provocateur for the afternoon.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Diorissimo!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never even heard of The Mexican. Well, I'm not sure I can watch Brad Pitt now with that Chanel ad still fresh in my mind. But I'll look at a trailer anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

Le Μaroc pour elle - A. Tauer, for me.

I really enjoyed it all day and I got three compliments!
    (maybe because I've put a lot of it!)

Post Thanks / Like

Good Evening,

Twinned with Fragranceman in Dior Homme tonight.

Best to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, E., it is because I hated Peonies with passion, on this skin. LOL To each her own, I agree. Can I have some of your chemistry, while we are on it?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@ ExtremeK and Twolf-- Mom and I both enjoyed The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel-- it was well worth watching.

Of course, just about anything with Judi Dench and Maggie Smith would be worth watching.

Spice bomb by V&R
    Gary

Decided to post elsewhere xoxo sorry!

Post Thanks / Like

Trying some Ava Luxe Pearl Musk as SotA/E. Love. ♥

Post Thanks / Like

Yowsa, it is hot today! 95F with an "actually feels like" temp of 100F. I'm in Guerlain Eau de Cologne du Coq.

Post Thanks / Like

Jailia today! Happy sunny scent for the end of summer.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Another long day, but a 'good' long day, a close friend got some really wonderful news tonight and that really made my night. After a hot bath I almost didn't want to wear any fragrance but that Habit Rouge L'Extrait that I dabbed on this morning was still very much present on my skin, so I capped off the evening with...

Habit Rouge (EdP) by Guerlain

The EdP and the L'Extrait share a lot of similar textures, they both smell 'brown' (hope that makes sense) and late at night, especially in cooling-off temperatures, it can be addictive. More of you women should explore HR in EdP or L'Extrait...it's a marvelous ’modern' Guerlain, I have never smelled another Guerlain like it.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

It has definitely been a Mitsouko day.

- - - Updated - - -

It has definitely been a Mitsouko day.

- - - Updated - - -

mikeperez,
    I so agree with you on the Habit Rouge. Loveitloveitloveit and wear it often.

Post Thanks / Like

First smelled Habit Rouge blind in a Blind Sniff. Did not impress me back then, still does not. Please do not call me anosmic.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jaipur Homme later in the evening followed by YSL La Nuit de L'Homme.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SOTD: L'Anarchiste by Caron.

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cavorted all day in Capucci pour Homme
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time