Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default what vintage discontinued fragrance would you like to see back available

Ysl m7 vintage
    Egoiste concentree
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: what vintage discontinued fragrance would you like to see back available

Balafre

Default Re: what vintage discontinued fragrance would you like to see back available

Pure Coffee

Too many to mention, especially if we include stuff that still exist but has been reformulated beyond recognition. In any case, at the moment, Schiaparelli Shocking.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Balafre
    Hednic, out of interest, is the current version not comparable I presume?

Creed Royal English Leather.

I would also like to get my hands on a bottle of Egoiste Concentree. From what I have read, it's a real gem.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Probably not 'vintage', but I loved IL by Lancetti and got a lot of compliments. I don't think it is still in production.

Basenotes Plus

M7 just so I could try it.

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    M7 just so I could try it.
    If you're fine with the reformulated version (which is not bad at all IMO), you can still find it on ebay and grey market sites.

Joint by Roccobarocco

Blog Entries

Vintage M7 by YSL is discontinued but still can be found. The big bottle is a little harder to find though.

What I really want to try is BY Man by Dolce & Gabbana because of the positive I've read here. I prefer finding them in stores, even if it means I have to drive around, as I find it hard to trust online sellers (like on ebay).

Envy for Men by Gucci is something I am ready to purchase if I find a very good deal from local stores. Same thing with the original/vintage Jazz by YSL in black and white bottle. It is reformulated, but the original is just better.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    What I really want to try is BY Man by Dolce & Gabbana because of the positive I've read here. I prefer finding them in stores, even if it means I have to drive around, as I find it hard to trust online sellers (like on ebay).
    Good choice

I recently just bought another bottle and I'm seeking out more. I really can't get enough of it!

Hallmark by Lentheric - loved that as a kid

GHP2. I was able to sample it once when it still was available in my department store but now it's gone. Too bad because i really would like to give it another chance.

Sound Scents

Patou pour Homme Priv
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frdric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'dri) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I'm pretty predictable:
    The pre-Exclusif version of Cuir de Russie.
    The PdT version of Jicky.
    The extrait version of Li.
    Having those available again would be lovely.

Blog Entries

The original Creed Windsor before they screwed it up

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Schiaparelli Shocking.
    Cacio, there's a shop in Pietrasanta who has a 100ml bottle of Shoking for 240 (!!!) euros! LOL The funny part is that he keeps the bottle on display OUT of the box. I told him he's crazy but he doesn't listen to me. The guy has some quality vintage fragrances but he really doesn't know how to deal with this kind of stuff! Most of the bottles are kept outside of the boxes and he asks for outrageous prices...

Back to the OP...

Too many to mention...here are a (very) few...

Guerlain Djedi
    Guerlain Cuir De Russie
    Guerlain Parure

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    The pre-Exclusif version of Cuir de Russie.
    The PdT version of Jicky.
    ...and ^^^^ these, of course!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

YSL Vintage M7, without a doubt.

Pure Coffee

Dunhill's Blend 30. Bring it back. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by JyyskNotes View Post
    GHP2. I was able to sample it once when it still was available in my department store but now it's gone. Too bad because i really would like to give it another chance.
    Maybe you should get it shipped from the UK. It's widely available in pretty much every department store.

Alfarom:

a turned Shocking? The horror! Unfortunately, in my experience, Shocking's top notes turn very easily. I also have a 100ml ebay purchase whose top is badly gone. But at least I paid it only $50. Shocking seems to be one of those accursed ones for me. In another purchase, the juice was fine - and in the nice torso bottle, but it broke during shipping.

cacio

PURE COFFEE is one and,
    Issey Miyake NOIR ABSOLU
    i cant find it anywhere for a reasonable price and need it for my collection haha

DJEDI from Guerlain.
    Most of the Faberge range of perfumes.......sadly very underrated and virtually unknown.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Gucci Pour Homme. The original, original from 1976. Just to try it.
    And Envy for Men (my my, 2 Guccis)

Davidoff by Davidoff.
    Dunhill Blend 30.
    A number of Creeds from the discontinued EdT / 'Private Collection' lines.

I'd like to check out the original Gucci Envy. I have the reformulated, which I totally dig, but have longevity issues with. I understand the vintage is beast mode.

Hardy amies ..

Dunhill for Men '34
    Dunhill Edition
    and original Gucci Envy pour homme

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Helmut Lang Cuiron

Guerlainista

Another vote for Gucci Envy for Men, as well as

Apres L'Ondee extrait
    Mitsouko, Shalimar, and Jicky PdTs
    Mitsouko EdC
    Mitsouko soap
    Chypre de Coty
    Coty l'Origan
    Nina Ricci Fille d'Eve
    Patou pour Homme
    Gres Cabochard parfum
    Gucci Nobile

and then all of the reformulated chypres ...
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

YSL original M7 and YSL original Jazz in the black/white bottle.

Faberge Woodhue For Men. I ditched my bottle of the crappy refomulation, and received a sample of the original in a trade. It's lovely stuff.

Also would kill for a full bottle of Creed Angelique Encens. A very kind Creed SA gave me a nice sample, and now I am thoroughly smitten

Gucci Rush for Men from the mind of Tom Ford.

I'd love to see Davidoff Relax back in the stores. My large bottle has only about 15 - 20 mls left. I know it can still be found on eBay; but the prices are just ridiculous.

Pure coffee and M7

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Balafre
    same for me!
    "The Exodus is here... The Happy Ones are near..Let's get together before we get much older!"
    - Pete Townshend

Considering the reformulations I've tried, I wouldn't be interested in them, because the idea seems to be to "milk" the name with clearly inferior bottle contents.

Gucci Pour Homme (1976)
    Gucci Nobile
    Gucci Envy
    D&G By Man
    Cacharel Nemo
    Patou Pour Homme

M7, Gucci Envy for men original, Creed Green Valley, and one I miss that probably not a lot of others do is Creed Orange Spice

Vent Vert
    All the Guerlains (Mitsouko etc.), but make sure they are vintage.
    Fidgi
    Gucci Rush for Men
    Chaos
    L'Air du Temps
    Femme
    Miss Dior
    Penhaligon's English Fern

But must be vintage.

+1 on Relax Davidoff, halas long lost. They told me it's available in Germany, though.
    Vetiver pour Elle is virtually unaccessible, last time I visited Guerlain aux Champs Elisee I managed to sample it on paper and skin form a very well hidden bottle and it's truly wonderful.
    K de Krizia for women is very difficult to find, as well as many other very intersting Krizia releases.
    Signoricci, how can I forget that?
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

All in their original formulations:
    YSL M7
    YSL M7 Fresh
    Gucci Nobile
    Gucci Envy
    Gucci Rush for Men
    Jacques Bogart Furyo
    Jaguar Mark II

And there are many fragrances still in production, whose original formulations I wish were available.

Don't know if they're actually discontinued or even classed as vintage, but I liked the old/original Zegna line....
    But there's worse things in life to worry about!!

I know it's not vintage, but Amber Absolute.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Creed Vetiver (Not OV)

Original M7

Not really discontinue, but toned down a lot, I wish vintage fragrances that heavy on oakmoss before the restriction return.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Herms Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermssence: Ambre Narguil

Helmut Lang Curion
    Cacharel Nemo
    Original M7
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Dunhill Blend 30
    Rochas Lui
    Monsieur Rochas
    Nina Ricci Philas
    Gucci pour Homme (original)
    Miss Dior (original)
    Guy Laroche Drakkar

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsLike View Post
    Helmut Lang Curion
    Cacharel Nemo
    Original M7
    I have cacharel Nemo if you want to trade?
    it is about 85% with no box
    I dont wear it anymore
    but i do agree it is a great scent and should be brought back!

Mystere by Rochas (Just to make my Mum smile.)

I have a full Gucci Envy from about 2002, is that considered vintage?

Norma Kamali-Incense I dont have much left. One of the best smokey incense frags. ever (IMO)
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

...Johji Homme by Johji Yamamoto, Patou pour Homme by Jean Patou, Monsieur Rochas by Rochas, Tactics by Shiseido and Le Dix by Balenciaga
    Last edited by Trauerkraut; 17th October 2012 at 05:05 PM.

Balenciaga Pour Homme

The original Lacoste Cologne that was made by Jean Patou.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

All the reformulated Gurelains
    Miss Dior
    Jean Patou PH
    M7

I would love to see this back, still some around but getting harder to find, ebay Item number : 251165532405.

Rochas Macassar, preferably the original formulation
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

M7, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Polo Crest and Tuscany Forte!!!
    Gary

ANDRON by Jovan! Real animalics for real animals! Original Jicky, Zino.

- - - Updated - - -

ANDRON by Jovan! Real animalics for real animals! Original Jicky, Zino.