Code of Conduct

Default Personality match for Puredistance M?

I'm really in two minds about purchasing this fragrance due to the ridiculous price, but i'm just too curious. Who do you think would wear this fragrance? Like if you had to choose a movie character or celebrity.

Default Re: Personality match for Puredistance M?

Best to get in on a split or get the 17ml bottle, I would only recommend buying the 100ml bottle if you really love the stuff as its mega expensive. I could see Daniel Craig or that actor Aaron Eckhart from the Dark Knight film wearing M but this is subjective.lol

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidOcelot View Post
    Who do you think would wear this fragrance? Like if you had to choose a movie character or celebrity.
    Kevin McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Best to get in on a split or get the 17ml bottle, I would only recommend buying the 100ml bottle if you really love the stuff as its mega expensive. I could see Daniel Craig or that actor Aaron Eckhart from the Dark Knight film wearing M but this is subjective.lol
    I agree with all you've said here. One thing that Puredistance does is to have a just before Christmas sale where if you buy a 100ml bottle, you'll receive a 17.5ml bottle for free. Just sell off the 17.5ml bottle for $150.00 and that makes a nice savings if you're crazy for "M" like I am.

definitely a james bond fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I agree with all you've said here. One thing that Puredistance does is to have a just before Christmas sale where if you buy a 100ml bottle, you'll receive a 17.5ml bottle for free. Just sell off the 17.5ml bottle for $150.00 and that makes a nice savings if you're crazy for "M" like I am.
    It's 590 euros for the 100ml! I really hope I don't like this stuff. Ordering 3ml sample now

Definately sample first as good as it sounds it does not appeal to everyone. Now that we have that out of the way. Which celebrity or actor comes to as an ideal model for M. I can see Clint Eastwood at 60 .... Pierce Brosnan now .....Bryan Ferry any age .......as the sort that would wear M. Not saying it is exclusively a mature fragrance. But it does suit that age bracket quite well.

This is not a joke and maybe a sign of Basenotes overload but I had a dream last night that I was at some sort of scent bar and blindly purchased an expensive decant if Puredistance M. The problem was that I kept spraying it and spraying it and my arm only smelled like..nothing. Like water. I kept having people smell and they didn't get it either. I was confused.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

The personality for Puredistance M is definitely alpha male that is confident, assured and always competent. The relative sweetness of the leather, tobacco and woods scent gives it an uber civilized aura but the notes are all masculine and not retiring at all.

Gordon Gecko, the Michael Douglas character in Wall Street or Money Never Sleeps! Also "The Most Interesting Man in the World" would fit. He / or She is an "alpha" pack leader, relentlessly assuming their natural dominance while struggling in a vicious and unnatural world = Puredistance M personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    The personality for Puredistance M is definitely alpha male that is confident, assured and always competent. The relative sweetness of the leather, tobacco and woods scent gives it an uber civilized aura but the notes are all masculine and not retiring at all.

Gordon Gecko, the Michael Douglas character in Wall Street or Money Never Sleeps! Also "The Most Interesting Man in the World" would fit. He / or She is an "alpha" pack leader, relentlessly assuming their natural dominance while struggling in a vicious and unnatural world = Puredistance M personality.
    Wow. So in other words it's the greatest fragrance ever.

i believe it should be in the same sentence as derby and knize 10. to me it is probably the best fragrance.

How many sprays do you need of this stuff for good longevity and projection? Like how many wearings would you get out of 3ml?

one spray at the front of the neck will last you at least 12-16 hours. when i first got my small decant of this i did a lot of testing, which usually involved testing on my arm along with other fragrances and even the tiniest dab would completely overwhelm (both in strength and longevity) everything else, im talking tom ford private blends, montale ouds, you name it. its worth the $600. ive never gone with 2 sprays of M. the scent is huge

I'm going to a wedding tomorrow, I was thinking about rocking M, after reading this thread, my choice is now confirmed

Basenotes Plus

How many sprays do you need of this stuff for good longevity and projection? Like how many wearings would you get out of 3ml?
    2-3 sprays, you should get 10-15 wearings from 3ml.

you sure it wasn't aventus? that would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    This is not a joke and maybe a sign of Basenotes overload but I had a dream last night that I was at some sort of scent bar and blindly purchased an expensive decant if Puredistance M. The problem was that I kept spraying it and spraying it and my arm only smelled like..nothing. Like water. I kept having people smell and they didn't get it either. I was confused.

It's 590 euros for the 100ml! I really hope I don't like this stuff. Ordering 3ml sample now

It's actually 490 euros, not 590 euros. Either way, still a chunk of money.

A masterpiece. I'm not sure about which hypothetical celebrity or movie character to suggest but I know for sure that I wear the s*#t out of it.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    A masterpiece. I'm not sure about which hypothetical celebrity or movie character to suggest but I know for sure that I wear the s*#t out of it.
    You are not kidding!

Hell no! I don't think it's the greatest fragrance ever, but it is very good.

It is commanding and doesn't mind being the center of attention. It is warm, masculine, has lots of vibrato, the fragrance has big balls! I think M matches the likes of Gordon Gecko and/or the "most interesting man in the world" character. That was the question after all.

I don't personally think those personality traits are to be looked up to as much as humility, modesty, naturalness, or even altruism. But, those characters have the personality types that match M Puredistance - just my opinion. If you want to wear that kind of fragrance that is what you get with it. I like the scent, but I can't live with it everyday. As you can see I don't even list it as one of my top ten below, but I do like it and enjoy it from time to time.

Now that Creed discontinued Royal English Leather (WHY!??!), this is probably the best leather fragrance. It is expensive, but requires very little for each application - and lasts forever. So, you can make a little go a long way.

You can get a .7ml sample from Luck Scent for $7 (if I remember correctly), to decide if it's for you.

I agree with the Clint Eastwood guess - that's who I could imagine also.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste