Code of Conduct

Default Les Creations Couture Givency Pi Leather Edition??

I just came across this post on Fragrantica. Have any
    Pi lovers tried this?

Default Re: Les Creations Couture Givency Pi Leather Edition??

Afaik it's the same juice but in special limited packaging

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Afaik it's the same juice but in special limited packaging
    That's my understanding.

According to the press release over at NST they're tweaked variations.

Here's a quote from the press release:

"Givenchy has launched Les Créations Couture, a new set of five limited edition “revisited” fragrances inspired by lace (for the ladies: Very Irrésistible Givenchy Lace Edition, Ange ou Démon Le Secret Lace Edition and Organza Lace Edition) and leather (for the gentlemen: Pi Leather Edition and Play Leather Edition).

Exquisite variations of five iconic House fragrances, all reinterpreted by their creator, the “Les Parfums Couture” collection embodies the quintessence of Givenchy luxury. Exclusive for one season, their compositions are inspired by textural effects and “textile” sensations."

According to the press release over at NST they're tweaked variations.

Here's a quote from the press release:

"Givenchy has launched Les Créations Couture, a new set of five limited edition “revisited” fragrances inspired by lace (for the ladies: Very Irrésistible Givenchy Lace Edition, Ange ou Démon Le Secret Lace Edition and Organza Lace Edition) and leather (for the gentlemen: Pi Leather Edition and Play Leather Edition).

Exquisite variations of five iconic House fragrances, all reinterpreted by their creator, the “Les Parfums Couture” collection embodies the quintessence of Givenchy luxury. Exclusive for one season, their compositions are inspired by textural effects and “textile” sensations."

So they smell different??

Cant wait to buy blind Pi with a leather note.

Haven't tried it either, but I can only second that Pi with a leather note sounds captivating

This is now available at The Bay in Canada as is the Play Limited edition. They both seem like deeper, smoother renditions of their original counter parts. I actually really like the Pi. It seems less synthetic and although oriental, feels like it can be worn summer evenings.

This is like an intense version of PI with a smooth leather note throughout. Longevity/projection much improved as well. It is now shipping to the US from:

http://www.sophiasbeauty.com/givench...e-p-13407.html
    "If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears."
    -Isaac Hayes

When I was at Walt Disney World late last month, they had the Leather Editions of both Pi and Play at the Givenchy shop in the Epcot France Pavilion. I didn't sniff either, though I did get a chance to try Monsieur de Givenchy (current formulation) for the first time, which might be a good future summer or work scent.

Oddly enough, the SA told me that Pi Neo was the biggest seller at Epcot, and I was very surprised to say the least. Pi Neo is sold at Macy's and Sephora and the Epcot boutique had harder-to-find scents like Xeryus and Givenchy Gentleman (and that's just on the men's side)... I expected the rarer scents to be the bigger sellers. I did go to the Guerlain boutique at Epcot as well, but I didn't ask the same question.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    When I was at Walt Disney World late last month, they had the Leather Editions of both Pi and Play at the Givenchy shop in the Epcot France Pavilion. I didn't sniff either, though I did get a chance to try Monsieur de Givenchy (current formulation) for the first time, which might be a good future summer or work scent.

Oddly enough, the SA told me that Pi Neo was the biggest seller at Epcot, and I was very surprised to say the least. Pi Neo is sold at Macy's and Sephora and the Epcot boutique had harder-to-find scents like Xeryus and Givenchy Gentleman (and that's just on the men's side)... I expected the rarer scents to be the bigger sellers. I did go to the Guerlain boutique at Epcot as well, but I didn't ask the same question.
    I had a great time at Epcot, but the SA's in Guerlain were really snobby. This was two years ago. I bought Givenchy Vetiver and Geir Ness while I was there. Plus one of the Acqua di Parma scents.