Code of Conduct

Default Random Thoughts on Random Samples.The Final Chapter...

Cartier Must Pour Homme...very nice scent but did not quite make it as a must have now. For me the opening was fantastic. You get hit with a burst of notes that a hold a promise of things to come. Unfortunately the dry down did not quite make it. Thought I would like this more than I did.

Cartier Declaration D'un Soir...As I am a fan of Cartier I liked this but I wanted to like it more. I am not the biggest rose fan but if done correctly I feel it can be very interesting. The rose simply did not bloom. If it would have developed and emerged and grew...I would have a bottle now. The rose was like a plastic or leather rose...it lasted long...smelled good..but ultimately after trying five of the six Declarations...the original and the cologne versions remain my favorites.

Dior Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir...Very well done. Touch of soft leather with cedar. I liked it quite a bit. Is it as good as the original...your call. I have the original and am satisfied with it.

Different Company Sel De Vetiver...Well made, long lasting. The thing I did not like about it was the root cellar smell or the smell of celery. Lasted forever on me.

Hermes Bel Ami vintage and Bel Ami current formula. The current formula is very well done and I would be happy with either the vintage or current. There is perhaps a touch more citrus opening in the current formula. I really love the dry down. Classic and elegant. People call it an old fragrance...I do not think so. Sometimes this is just what I would reach for...Sometimes I think in pictures...I could see myself hanging out in front of the fireplace watching football...or out at the bar in a suit drinking single malt wearing this. I want a decant of this.

Hermes Equipage...Loved this...soft and refined. A hair smokey a bit spicy...settles in for the long haul and doesn't let go. I already have a decant of the vintage on the way.

Hermes Voyage EDP...I was not a huge fan of Voyage EDT. To me the choice is simple...if you like Voyage and prefer crisp...get the EDT...if you like warm get the EDP.

Hermes Terre D'Hermes EDP...I am a big fan of the EDT and wear it regularly. Similarly I found the Parfum to be equally as nice. Softer around the edges perhaps more well rounded. The orange is rich and deep...very nice.

Revisited....Givenchy Vetyver Reissue abnd Dior Vetiver....these two remain my favorites. I will wind up with decants of each.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Default Re: Random Thoughts on Random Samples.The Final Chapter...

Enjoyed reading your takes on the above scents, all of which I own with the exception of the Declaration D'Un Soir.