Code of Conduct

Default An Intense Battle - Rive Gauche Intense vs Dior Homme Intense

Found both on online for a reasonable price and was debating which one I should buy. Never smelled either one as they never made it to the US. We all know the original versions are modern classics so I'm wondering will I be letdown by these versions. Does anybody think that these versions are better than the originals? If so, which ones? Or should I just be happy with what I have?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: An Intense Battle - Rive Gauche Intense vs Dior Homme Intense

I haven't yet tried Dior Homme Intense, but can tell you right now that Rive Gauche Intense is like a very concentrated Rive Gauche, with less star anise and far more patchouli.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Dior Homme Intense is as the name implies, an intense version of the original, more concentrated, more sillage, longer lasting and maybe a bit woodier. Nice!

Rive Gauche for me. I don't like DH that much.

I've got both and it depends on what you like. Rive Gauche is the one you want if you don't like sweeter fragrances. To me it lives up to it's name "Intense" - it projects really well and at times I find that it lasts too long (and I'm all for longevity).

Dior Homme on the other hand is very much a sweet oriental. I find that it doesn't give me the sillage I expect from an "Intense" (especially when compared to L'Instant Extreme and Scent Intense), however it is also quite longlasting, although not as much as Rive Gauche.

I love both though

Oh, I like these two very much but they are so very different to be compared against each other this manner.

It's like pitting french toast against popcorn which are both liked universally.
    Last edited by graffham; 26th March 2008 at 05:53 PM.

If you like the Dior Homme then Dior Homme Intense is a must have. Creamier and with the iris tempered.

The Rive Gauche Intense is also a must have companion to the Rive Gauche. Stronger, deeper and very enjoyable.

The same goes for Opium edp!

Dior Homme Intense without even a question!

Hmmm, a four and a half year old recommendation request thread. I wonder if the OP is still contemplating. OP, it's probably too late to get the vintage DHI, unless you're still in 2008.

The intense version of RG ruins RG. DHI is the winner.