Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Vintage Acqua di Gio?

Hi all,

I haven't posted on here for a while, but I must ask this - recently, despite all the complex and satisfying fragrances I've tried in the past year or two, I've developed a renewed interest in Acqua di Gio Pour Homme.

The fragrance has been around 16 years now, so it's definitely been reformulated at least once - can any experts tell me, if so, how it's changed at all, and if it's possible to find a "vintage" bottle? Since every box and bottle I see looks the same.

Tony
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Default Re: Vintage Acqua di Gio?

Don't have an answer I just wanted to tell you that I really like your reviews on youtube. Let me ask you: do you look that different in the older videos or is there two different people reviewing in your chanel?
    Please do more, there's a lot of people there just filling the space with crap.
    Thanx, Ivan

I had a bottle of ADG that I bought in 2007. It smelled amazing. Then I ran out of it and bought a new bottle of ADG in 2011. The new bottle smelled much brighter, and less...musky? I don't know if that's the right word for it, but it's certainly a little less manly. The 2007 ADG had a sort of darker vibe to it than this bright new formula. It smelled better. Projection and longevity are probably the same. Others have said that the new ADG Essenza smells close to the vintage ADG and I agree.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

It has definitely been re-formulated. I have a bottle of the original and it is stronger and longer lasting. The re-formulated version is fresher, lighter but still very good.

Nice to see you drop by, Grottola! I would try some of the discounters as they sell some older stock.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the responses, everyone!
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Interesting question...I wonder what juice from the late 90's before the IRFA regulations started smells like.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan D' Great View Post
    Don't have an answer I just wanted to tell you that I really like your reviews on youtube. Let me ask you: do you look that different in the older videos or is there two different people reviewing in your chanel?
    Please do more, there's a lot of people there just filling the space with crap.
    Thanx, Ivan
    Where would I find his youtube Channel? A search for "Grottola" on youtube didn't turn up anything and I don't see a link listed in his profile.

I still have a bottle from '98 or '99, about half full. I grew tired of the scent and never wear it. I know that when I put it on, it lasts and lasts for ever, super strong, and I just get tired of it. Maybe I'll do a comparison next time I'm at the mall or somewhere if I see a tester. But I'm thinking of giving it to a female friend of mine who likes men's fragrances.

I recently purchased a decant of it off eBay, which I am assuming is the newer formulation. The old AdG, if I recall correctly lasted much longer on my skin. The one I received was just as potent in respect to the scent. However, it died down very quickly. I ended up spraying myself 6 times just to finish off the bottle, in order to fill it with PE Red.