Code of Conduct

Default Question about Black Soul Imperial, to a limited few

Hello All.

According to my Google hacking, only 4 BNers own Black Soul Imperial by Ted Lapidus:

CoL
    Diplomat
    d4N13L
    Mario-K

So gentlemen, this question is mainly to you, but is open to anyone who has tested BSI several times.

I'm tempted to buy BSI, and sadly, I'm going to have to blind buy it, it is nowhere to be found in stores in the UK. The note list mentions musk in the basenotes. Is this musk noticeable and prominent to you? What sort of musk is it, the clean and soapy kind like you find in 212 Men, or more dirty and animalic?

Thank you all in advance, Andy.

Default Re: Question about Black Soul Imperial, to a limited few

I was in this situation before. However, everyone suggested BS over BSI, so I went with that instead.

I own BSI and had 212 men a couple of times in the past. BSI basenotes don't remind me at all of those of 212. Whether BSI has musk I can't confirm, but I don't find much dirt or animal in the drydown.

- - - Updated - - -

I own BSI and had 212 men a couple of times in the past. BSI basenotes don't remind me at all of those of 212. Whether BSI has musk I can't confirm, but I don't find much dirt or animal in the drydown.

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    Hello All.

According to my Google hacking, only 4 BNers own Black Soul Imperial by Ted Lapidus:

CoL
    Diplomat
    d4N13L
    Mario-K

So gentlemen, this question is mainly to you, but is open to anyone who has tested BSI several times.

I'm tempted to buy BSI, and sadly, I'm going to have to blind buy it, it is nowhere to be found in stores in the UK. The note list mentions musk in the basenotes. Is this musk noticeable and prominent to you? What sort of musk is it, the clean and soapy kind like you find in 212 Men, or more dirty and animalic?

Thank you all in advance, Andy.
    This is where I picked mine up from months ago. It's a good one IMO.

http://www.cheapsmells.com/viewProduct.php?id=440243

Hi hednic,

Cheap Smells is my go to online store. Most of my wardrobe has come from them. My wife was astonished how little they were charging for 200ml of Caron Pour Un Homme... and they gift wrapped it for free!

The musk here is not very dominant. This reminds me of Play Intense (coffee )and 212 VIP in structure but less synthetic. I much prefer this over BS as it has much more character.

- - - Updated - - -

The musk here is not very dominant. This reminds me of Play Intense (coffee )and 212 VIP in structure but less synthetic. I much prefer this over BS as it has much more character.