Code of Conduct

Default Eau des Merveilles

I'm considering a blind buy of Eau des Merveilles. I've tried Elixir des Merveilles, which I love, and I love all of Jean Claude Ellena's scents.

What is the difference between Eau des Merveilles and Elixir des Merveilles? And how does it compare to Concentre d'Orange Verte, another one of my favorites from Hermes?

Thank you for any feedback!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Eau des Merveilles

Elixir des Merveilles is Eau des Merveilles with an addition of more orange and a gourmand chocolate note - so the original has no gourmand / chocolate note and a more fizzy/bubbly orange, less candied. IMO, if you like the Elixir, you will like the Eau. If you can, test Parfum des Merveilles, an even more intense version of the Eau, with a slightly boozy note added (although its very pricey).

Concentree d'Orange Verte is nothing like any of the Merveilles. It is a cologne/eaux type scent with delicate citrus top notes, a bit sturdier (and synthetic) than the original Eau d'Orange Verte and nice green/sheer woods. Perfect for dousing yourself with, in hot weather.

The Merveilles are much more about ambergris, woods, orange, etc...

All three are wonderful scents, and I think they are all good blind buys.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Thanks Mikeperez! I too think I will like Eau des Merveilles since I like Elixir des Merveilles. Maybe it (they) will be better for cooler weather than CDOV, which I love, but it would be nice to try something new.

Thanks again!!!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Basenotes Institution

I find Eau des Merveilles to be perfect for summer or winter, it wears well in both climates.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I loved CDOV so much I wore it in winter as well. It has great lasting power and sillage even in cold temperatures. I'm excited to try Eau des Merveilles and hope I will enjoy it just as much.

While there are some similarities between the Elixir and the Eau, I find them quite different. The Elixir is gourmand, and after the first five minutes or so, I can't wear it. Ended up giving mine away to a friend who adores it. The Eau is not like anything else, IMO. It has a salty/woody/abergris vibe. It's something I can wear pretty much any day, in any weather, but it's especially great in the rain or humidity. It just cuts through fog like a laser.

The Parfum version of the latter is different again; it's much heavier on the patchouli, for one thing. I like it, but nothing replaces the Eau for me.

Quote Originally Posted by misscasey View Post
    I loved CDOV so much I wore it in winter as well. It has great lasting power and sillage even in cold temperatures. I'm excited to try Eau des Merveilles and hope I will enjoy it just as much.
    What is CDOV ?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpharroh View Post
    What is CDOV ?
    Concentree d'Orange Verte by Hermes

-- Eckhart Tolle