Code of Conduct

Thread: Himalaya or MI?

Default Himalaya or MI?

So I'm still thinking about getting a bottle of Himalaya. But I'm also considering MI. Does anyone wear MI in the winter? Do you think it's acceptable to wear MI in colder months? Appreciate any input here.

Default Re: Himalaya or MI?

Himalaya for winter, but Tabarome Millesime is a better fragrance in my opinion. I've tried to wear MI in the winter and it just doesn't fit.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

IMO, both are fine year round

Both are good though the icy fresh white musk vibe of Himalaya works well in Winter and Summer where as MI is great for Spring/Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smellin.Good View Post
    So I'm still thinking about getting a bottle of Himalaya. But I'm also considering MI. Does anyone wear MI in the winter? Do you think it's acceptable to wear MI in colder months? Appreciate any input here.
    It is acceptable to wear mi in he winter. The longevity issues still exists though so carry a decant around with you. I think MI is the better scent but smell both for yourself.

I wouldn't wear either in the winter. Both are very much warm weather frags to me. If forced to choose between the two for winter, I would go with Himalaya. I could just never wrap my head around MI in cool weather. It's just wrong...

It really depends on what you are looking for. If you want something for the cold weather as you mentioned, I would go with Himalaya (or XS). Personally, it won't make it into my collection, since it's nice, but not really that interesting to me. Plus it reminds me of high school locker rooms sprayed ceiling to floor with 10 different varieties of Axe body spray.

As for in general, I feel MI is by far the superior fragrance. It's definitely a little on the feminine side for me, but it's really nice, and I imagine it would be great in late spring and summer. I only got the chance to test it when summer was basically over here.

I own both and won't be wearing either one very much in the cold weather. I will use Original Santal and Aventus much more. That being said if you are going to purchase one of those two I think that Millesime Imperial is the much better scent.

Another option, along with these two......Creed Green Valley, if you can find it. Great stuff.

I dont necessarily associate Himalaya as being a winter type of smell, despite it's name. I guess I like it more spring/early summer. MI = warm weather for sure. I would also give a second nod to Tabarome Millesime here, such an underated fantastic scent.

Himalaya best by far. MI in winter will leave you wanting more. Himalaya is beautiful in winter and summer.

MI is better overall but not appropriate for sub zero winters to me. Himalaya on the other hand is great in ice cold weather, and year round. Both are worth owning.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Millesime Imperial is the much better scent.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!