Code of Conduct

Default New fragrance from Etro: Greene Street

From First in Fragrance:
    Greene Street by Etro is a tribute to New York's Soho district, a neighbourhood with probably the highest concentration of eccentric modern Bohemians in the Western world. And it is in this environment, this exciting milieu, where the iconic brand from Milan chose to open a new boutique.

Greene Street is a very spicy and rebellious symphony - designed for the modern, cosmopolitan and eclectic man who follows fashion, but interprets it with a very individual and unique style. Greene Street is also a perfume, which blends beautifully on the skin of a woman - because it has clearly irresistible, seductive elements.

Topnote: Basil, Nutmeg, Pink Pepper
    Heartnote: Frankincense, Resins, Violet, Geranium
    Basenote: Talcum, Musk, Labdanum, Ambergris

Default Re: New fragrance from Etro: Greene Street

Thanks for this, Furrypine.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Sound Scents

Sounds interesting and worth a sniff, at least. Thanks for the info.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Etro is one of my favourite houses, I'm looking forward to sniffing this.
    By the way: I've just been once in New York, but I didn't find SoHo terribly bohemian, to be honest...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Wow sounds very nice.
    I just hope it's not too powdery.

for swap/sale:

This one sounds good. Hoping for the best.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Banned

Interesting, thanks for the heads up.

I'm testing it right now, from a sample!

I really can't tell, it's pretty nice but it reminds me of a lot of others things! The opening is fresh and spicy, but afterwards the violet heart- amber base recalls many other fragrances of the genre, PdE Equistrius in primis...

Anyway, Etro is a great house I have neglected for too long!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Basenotes Institution

Hope the basil in the top is not too prominent
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by iodine View Post
    I'm testing it right now, from a sample!

I really can't tell, it's pretty nice but it reminds me of a lot of others things! The opening is fresh and spicy, but afterwards the violet heart- amber base recalls many other fragrances of the genre, PdE Equistrius in primis...

Anyway, Etro is a great house I have neglected for too long!
    Thanks for the review! Though this offering doesn't sound very original Etro is worth exploring, Sandalo (at least in the older bottle) is a fantastic sandalwood scent.

I sniffed a sample of this very recently and then won a 100ml bottle on the 'bay for 40 pounds, which is a steal I reckon...very nice fragrance but, as others have mentioned, it's not a fantastically original scent; in fact I would say it is very, very similar to Diptyque's recent Volutes ( I have the EDP) and is in the same ballpark as Chergui but not as heavy.

It lacks the honey and tobacco notes in Volutes and I found the pepper and incense make it a little less sweet. It doesnt smell like it but the geranium, musk and powdery notes I enjoy in this are present in Racquets Formula which will always hold a special place for me as it was my first venture into niche Perfumery and perhaps that sentimentality makes me enjoy it more than others might... I dont find the talcum note too dominant but I do know that powdery notes can be quite love/hate around these parts.

On my skin the violet and incense stick around into the slightly powdery, musky amber drydown which I find very pleasing indeed. Not sure I would have forked out full retail for this but at the price I got it for I am very happy and shall be giving it a good old workout as its pleasant wafts will surely serve in some small way to make the drudgery of January seem a little more uplifting.

Not given it a full wearing so cannot really confirm longevity/sillage but currently on my arm it is keeping up with Volutes EDP in both aspects. Also, there is nothing about this to suggest it is a masculine scent as it is being sold...it could easily be worn by a lady in my opinion