Code of Conduct

Default Kelly Caleche: EDT or EDP?

I have not tried the parfum, but somehow I prefer the EDT, which seems to have a more leathery note.

Any opinions?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: Kelly Caleche: EDT or EDP?

Funny I just posted this week in MFD my overall impressions of Hermes fragrances and, specifically, Kelly Caleche. I hope u don't mind that I just import it over for the sake of continuity..

I see where treeman is going w/ it. TdH in all its variations are tame concoctions when compared to knockout men's scents from Hermes' lore: the immortal Eau D'Hermès, Rocabar, Équipage and especially, the classic Bel Ami(~ the current incarnation) are all genius.

I happen to prefer Kelly Caleche(edt)over TdH for it being akin to DH according to LT, & w/ Dior Homme reformulated, probably makes more scents & less lipstick The best KC description I've read is from Chandler Burrs's last paragraph in The Perfect Scent, "..the smell of (wet) leather bathing suit emerging from a swimming pool." Another JCE creation Burr alluded to in the same paragraph, ".. a leather sprinkled w/ sugar," is IMHO the modern reformulation of Bel Ami." Pls feel free to comment as I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Will be reading this thread with interest: whilst I love most of Hermes lineup, some of the fragrances' allure just skips me: Merveilles and Kelly Caleche being among them. Perhaps, I have not found "my" concentration yet.
    Last edited by Twolf; 22nd October 2012 at 12:03 AM.

Well, 1 can always blame it on"skin chemistry"

Along w/ Guerlain, Hermes has over a century's worth of ideas to offer, plenty to explore. I wish I had just stuck with them(and Chanel) from the start given the superior quality of raw materias, olfacotry workmanship and technical innovations.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Will be reading this thread with interest: whilst I love most of Hermes lineup, some of the fragrances' allure just skips me: Merveilles and Kelly Caleche being among them. Pehaps, I have not found "my" concentration yet.
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

¿Si o No?

Banned

hey hello Primrose, i have had EDT and wore half the bottle

have to say those 2 scents are completely different! so its not the concentration thing, EDP is just another scent its more rose, but very special one, that was giving me sickness, it was like some wet rose, humid moisturized bulb of a rose ...and yes more intensive concentration then EDT

while EDT is more like greipfruit/leather scent, but not typical leather something synthetic, i loved it after a while and all hermes scents are more beautiful to me in the drydown if anything is left until then.....i wore it during spring summer and was so surprised how nice my scarf smelled....
    but i must agree with Luca Turin reviews....Hermes became available in my country just recently and i got my EDT before it was available here and was thinking since its not so available and "relatively expencive" it will be something sepcial, concentrations and naturality is not their strenght , the ideas and the way they are made is unique but all is a bit too pale for me....

but EDT for me was among their better scents! EDP just tested few times and its strong rose scent , immitates real rose flower, but very different from any other rose perfume you may have smelled, you definatelly must try it becasue has nothing in common with EDT

- - - Updated - - -

oh just read the post above me, someone mentionign smell of wet yes for me thats very specific point it smells like wet rose bulb

Quote Originally Posted by googl.plex1 View Post
    Funny I just posted this week in MFD my overall impressions of Hermes fragrances and, specifically, Kelly Caleche. I hope u don't mind that I just import it over for the sake of continuity..

I see where treeman is going w/ it. TdH in all its variations are tame concoctions when compared to knockout men's scents from Hermes' lore: the immortal Eau D'Hermès, Rocabar, Équipage and especially, the classic Bel Ami(~ the current incarnation) are all genius.

I happen to prefer Kelly Caleche(edt)over TdH for it being akin to DH according to LT, & w/ Dior Homme reformulated, probably makes more scents & less lipstick The best KC description I've read is from Chandler Burrs's last paragraph in The Perfect Scent, "..the smell of (wet) leather bathing suit emerging from a swimming pool." Another JCE creation Burr alluded to in the same paragraph, ".. a leather sprinkled w/ sugar," is IMHO the modern reformulation of Bel Ami." Pls feel free to comment as I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    I prefer the EDT of Kelly Caleche, and "wet bathing suit" metaphor is interesting. I know it has been called "unwiped saddle."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...me-ingredients

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Will be reading this thread with interest: whilst I love most of Hermes lineup, some of the fragrances' allure just skips me: Merveilles and Kelly Caleche being among them. Pehaps, I have not found "my" concentration yet.
    I could not get past the odd gourmand notes in Merveilles. My favs are Kelly EDT, Caleche, 24 Faubourg and Equipage. I also like the vintage Amazone. I think that my next serious look will be at Terre d'Hermes in the parfum.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have tried the Kelly Calache EDT, but have have not tried the EDP so all I can comment is that KC EDT does have a very distinct leather note and the longjevity and sillage are above average. Very delightful!
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

It really depends on what you are looking for in your rose & leather scent and what works with your skin chemistry. They are very different scents. I preferred and purchased the edp about 1.5 years ago. I loved the rose note with an elegant wink & nod to leather. It feels like a well groomed Grace Kelly wearing a pair of slightly worn leather gloves. The edt definitely had more leather, much less rose and a maybe a tart note too, maybe it is grapefruit. I'm not sure, but the edp was a winner for me. I went thru 3/4 of the bottle rather quickly and received compliments every time I wore it, though that is not a requirement for my enjoyment of the scent.

Primrose, thank u 4 the Guardian article. I found the analogies entertaining & will keep it as a reference!

In return, I found u a detailed(minute by minute) analysis of the EDP vs EDT below:

http://translate.google.com/translat...om/p/731402013

The translation is somewhat crude but legible. Let me know what u think & if I could help to better the translations

PS. I'm aware of at least half of dozens of Merveilles concentrations. The odd gourmand note u alluded to sounds more like from the Elixir..
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

¿Si o No?

Only know and own the EDT. Like it quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by googl.plex1 View Post
    Primrose, thank u 4 the Guardian article. I found the analogies entertaining & will keep it as a reference!

In return, I found u a detailed(minute by minute) analysis of the EDP vs EDT below:

http://translate.google.com/translat...om/p/731402013

The translation is somewhat crude but legible. Let me know what u think & if I could help to better the translations

PS. I'm aware of at least half of dozens of Merveilles concentrations. The odd gourmand note u alluded to sounds more like from the Elixir..
    Thank you for the link. I decided the only way to choose is a side-by-side sniff. I tend to favor the EDT but willing to try again.