Code of Conduct

Default Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men 2014 EDP!!

I cannot believe I've not heard anything about this before, but I just called into Boots (a highly reputable UK store) and noticed an all chrome bottle amongst the men's D&G fragrances - The One for men 2014 edition, EDP concentration! I have it on skin now and it's almost identical to The One, except stronger. It's projecting like mad and I can only imagine it will last a lot longer too. So many people claim to love this fragrance apart from the projection and longevity - WHY hasn't a big deal been made of this?! I can't even find anything about it on the D&G website! It was about £62 for the 100ml bottle and, if money had been no object today, I would have bought it on the spot.

Has anyone else seen or heard anything?
    Smelling good on a budget!

Default Re: Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men 2014 EDP!!

Had a quick look around and its stated to be a Harrods exclusive and isn't on the Boots website either.

How is this not bigger news?! If I could have a nickle for everytime someone has mentioned that they wish that Dolce and Gabbana would make an EDP concentration of "The One", I'd be rich!

Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    Had a quick look around and its stated to be a Harrods exclusive and isn't on the Boots website either.
    I know, it doesn't make sense - I swear I wasn't dreaming, and I'd put my life savings on it not being fake!

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    How is this not bigger news?! If I could have a nickle for everytime someone has mentioned that they wish that Dolce and Gabbana would make an EDP concentration of "The One", I'd be rich!
    My thoughts exactly!

I'm going to have another look tomorrow and take pictures if they're still there.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.harrods.com/product/the-o...erfume-just-in

And there it is! Although I've just noticed it's listed as an EDT on the Harrods site, not as an EDP as it said on the price label in Boots...

Yet on the Harrods site, it clearly states EDT. Is this incorrect OP? I will buy this now if it is EDP. Really hope that EDT is a typo.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Chypre Palatin
    2) APOM Pour Homme
    3) Interlude Man
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Mamluk
    6) Kouros (Vintage)
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    9) More than Words
    10) Le Male (Vintage)

^It says it's in EDT concentration. Same juice, just different bottle?

Hmmmm... The box also says Eau de Toilette. Are you sure this isn't just new/limited edition packaging?
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Chypre Palatin
    2) APOM Pour Homme
    3) Interlude Man
    5) Mamluk
    6) Kouros (Vintage)
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    9) More than Words
    10) Le Male (Vintage)

Basenotes Junkie

Someone will have to check the bottom of the bottle to confirm whether it is edp or edt. Could just be an edt in a special bottle?

Edit:Just saw above post. Not very promising if the box says its an edt. Oh well.

Beat me to it NewHaarlem! This is reminiscent of the Pure Malt 2013 re-release. There were some swearing that the fragrance was different. Smells exactly the same to me. Will have to smell this myself I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    Someone will have to check the bottom of the bottle to confirm whether it is edp or edt. Could just be an edt in a special bottle.u
    Box definitely says EDT.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Chypre Palatin
    2) APOM Pour Homme
    3) Interlude Man
    5) Mamluk
    6) Kouros (Vintage)
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    9) More than Words
    10) Le Male (Vintage)

EDP version would be great!

Well that bottle is deff different, and I know I have said in multiple threads now that the original has been reformulated as ive shown diff bottles and stuff.. I havnt seen this though. Sigh and I really wanted to stop collecting cologne maybe ill just have to pick me up one last bottle if this is true...

It's a excellent fragrance, so I wish there was a EDP.

Right now, I'm happy with the EDT, as it lasts 8+ hours on my skin in the HOT weather. Though, I wish it would last as long in the colder seasons.

Someone should take pics of the back of the bottle to see the ingredients. Like I said I know just the newer versions that have come out this year have a diff list then earlier bottles so we can compare!

Gah, curse you Boots!! The price ticket said EDP on it so, naturally, I got excited. Looks like I may have been misled. I have to say though, guys - it's definitely stronger and longer lasting on my skin than the original, whatever concentration it is! Other than that, I really can't detect any immediate difference.It smells incredible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
    Someone should take pics of the back of the bottle to see the ingredients.
    I'm going to do just that tomorrow if it's still there.

Cool sounds good.. OLDthe one.jpgNEW theone.jpgFor reference heres the old bottle and a newer bottle from this year... I never tried the refomulated version beacause didnt feel like rolling the dice on it.

They're pimping this a limited edition, new juice in a posh frock?

Placebo of the EDP type can be a powerful thing, voodoo

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    ^It says it's in EDT concentration. Same juice, just different bottle?
    This stuff of sighting EDP for the othe is a New thread for DG "The one" which the fan boys that only got 2-4hrs longevity ....I Guess

As for me the "The one " gives 8-12 hrs and projects well in cool weather and a semi-beast in summer, not gating it anything hope this EDP is true for "The one" fan boys would be upset if only same juice with different bottle....wouldn't the first time this occurs......peace

Btw, this juice D&G is the best for men in their line and a Master piece for me personally because it resonates like crazy and claps like thunder out of my skin .....Cheerios
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

That would be a good one if it happens to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    They're pimping this a limited edition, new juice in a posh frock?

Placebo of the EDP type can be a powerful thing, voodoo
    I understand that entirely, but I'm being as cynical as I possibly can and I'm still sure this is a least slightly more... oomphy.

It seems Boots (and I) got it wrong about the EDP, so I suppose the least we can hope for is that it is a slightly ballsier reformulation.

Man I hope they offer this in the states! I am a big fan of the one, just not the longevity. This would be great.

If this turns out to be an EDP concentration, it would be a dream come true! I'd run out and buy a full bottle at full retail immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    If this turns out to be an EDP concentration, it would be a dream come true! I'd run out and buy a full bottle at full retail immediately!
    But it isn't. The box clearly states Eau de Toilette. It doesn't even say Eau de Toilette Intense, so it is most definitely not an EDP. This was identified in post #9.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Chypre Palatin
    2) APOM Pour Homme
    3) Interlude Man
    5) Mamluk
    6) Kouros (Vintage)
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    9) More than Words
    10) Le Male (Vintage)

Hopefully OP is correct, and if they re-worked the formula it lasts longer on those who get poor longevity. You don't need something to be an EDP to last long. There are TOO many EDP concentrated perfumes that don't last long at all.

How powerful can it be with all the regulation.....

Just tested it today in Sephora. Its EDT (as already stated here) and unfortunately it doesnt project as high as the OP says, at least not on my skin. It projects about moderate (which is already a big step forward) and I can only expect it to be stronger than the regular The One. Smells pretty much the same.

hrmmm so did anyone get a pic of the back of the bottle to see if it the ingredients are diff now?

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    This stuff of sighting EDP for the othe is a New thread for DG "The one" which the fan boys that only got 2-4hrs longevity ....I Guess

As for me the "The one " gives 8-12 hrs and projects well in cool weather and a semi-beast in summer, not gating it anything hope this EDP is true for "The one" fan boys would be upset if only same juice with different bottle....wouldn't the first time this occurs......peace

Btw, this juice D&G is the best for men in their line and a Master piece for me personally because it resonates like crazy and claps like thunder out of my skin .....Cheerios
    Just wondering -- is your bottle a tester? Because, I have official samples, which only lasts 2-3 hours, and a tester bottle, which lasts 8+ hours on my skin in the hot weather.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Just wondering -- is your bottle a tester? Because, I have official samples, which only lasts 2-3 hours, and a tester bottle, which lasts 8+ hours on my skin in the hot weather.
    No, it's a regular gift set , that comes with 1oz bottle: ordered through Sephora: obvious some scents suck on me and get little mileage, but this one for me works, although I'm not rocking it as much, both my bottles are pretty much full, since right now , I'm enjoying others in my repertoire.
    its probably skin chemistry + duet regiment and plus I tend to have a skin that overheats pretty easily, and tend to wear light clothes in winter weather...this is an all year scent IMHO ...it's one those skin chemistry thinks the bogles the mind .

summer 12 + hrs ...it becomes a skin scent on 12 hr.

winter 8+ hrs and disappear and rises depending on skin temperature..after 8th becomes skin scent..
    Last edited by magnus611; 31st October 2013 at 05:34 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "