Code of Conduct

Default Creed purchase - first time

Hi,

I have read rave reviews about Creed in this forum and would like to try it out.

Which store carries creed and can I sample it in the store?

I have heard that cool water is similar to GIT is it true? if so who not buy the cheaper version. Sorry I don't know much so excuse the ignorance.

Also, I have found that perfumes don't last on my skin, I started last year and till now have taken a lot of your suggestions but I have still not found a perfume which got either a compliment or which I thought lasted on me.

So before I spend $$$ on Creed I want to sample it first. The popular one here are GIT and Aventus, so want to try those out.

I don't know what I like, But from my past purchase what I have like are which might give you an idea perhaps of the types of perfumes I like.

YSL La Nuit
    1 Million
    Burberry touch
    Armani Code sport

Default Re: Creed purchase - first time

- Where are you located? Creed is carried at the NYC Creed Boutique, Saks 5th Ave. and Neiman Marcus and a few other places in the USA.

- Cool Water's opening is very similar to Green Irish Tweed's opening, but they go in quite different directions after that. GIT is markedly better IMO, but if you merely "like" the GIT/CW smell and don't love it, I'd say getting Green Irish Tweed isn't worth it and you're better off with the Davidoff.

- Creed fragrances tend to not be long-lasting on several people, but the ones you mentioned (Green Irish Tweed and Aventus) are the ones that people say fare quite well in longevity. Test their longevity for sure before you purchase.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by sillage monster View Post
    Creed is carried at the NYC Creed Boutique, Saks 5th Ave. and Neiman Marcus and a few other places in the USA.
    Can be sampled in any of the above places.

Basenotes Junkie

Also, samples are readily available on ebay for most of Creed's popular fragrances.

I would definitely recommend trying Aventus. It's my favorite from the house and works in all seasons. Since you kind of like sweeter cold weather scents like 1 Million and La Nuit, I'd also recommend sampling Original Santal.

Try sampling GIT,MI and Aventus first and see which one you like the best.

Blog Entries

If you are 35+, also try sampling Creeds Bois Du Portugal, in addition to G.I.T. and Aventus.

Even if you are under 35 try Bois Du Portugal. Great fragrance and even if you dont like it you will have insight into a whole other type of fragrance. IMHO BdP is Creeds Best currently available.

ABSOLUTELY sample BdP before buying it--for me, it was a scrubber all the way, no doubt about it. I'd also give Original Santal a shot while you're sampling.

If you are just buying one, I would go with Aventus. At the moment there really isn't anything that smells like it, and you get your money's worth since it lasts long and can be used year-round.

If you sample Original Santal and like it (or are on the fence about it), Mont Blanc Individuel smells great (like very strong Downy fabric softener sheets), lasts long, and projects well. Oh - and its only a little under $40.

I held out for the longest time on sampling Creed because of the hype...BUT, i just wasted a ton of time NOT enjoying them...i wear G.I.T. and AVENTUS and they live up to the hype no question
    i have heard and many people have said that certain batch numbers dont have the same longevity...do some research and maybe get into the Decant splits on this site so you dont spend a ton and you can "expirement"

I own both GIT and Cool Water, and use them for different purposes. I see the similarities, but they give off a completely different effect to me. Not everybody agrees, so I recommend sampling both. I've done almost all of my Creed sampling through the local Sak's.

Aventus is a strong contender. It wears well year-round, as has been mentioned.

I'll also join the people recommending a test of Original Santal. Based on your wardrobe, I would also suggest a test of Silver Mountain Water, though that one doesn't always have the longevity of the others that have been mentioned.

Definitely go for Aventus and Millesime Imperial. IMHO these are the best Creed fragrances out there, both quite original in their own right. Yes, Aventus is very 'wearable' year-round and Imperial is THE summer holiday fragrance for me.

By all means try GIT as the ingredients are of a high quality, but it can feel boring/bland at times. Aventus and Imperial easily fill this void, so I have opted not to wear GIT. It's "OK" though and yes too close to CW for comfort... I don't want people thinking I have CW on!!
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Banned

I imagine you would like Aventus more than the others.
    MI is not in any way sweet like most of your favoured scents.
    GIT might be worth a try, I quite like it whereas I think Cool Water is awful.

I have been going back and forth between GIT, MI and SMW as I have been dying to take the Creed plunge. After many samplings, last night I pulled the trigger on GIT.

All 3 are fantastic, but Green Irish Tweed seems to last a LONG time. Peferct for 10 hour work days.

I buy what I buy almost exclusively for work, and that would be the one reason I might disuade someone from buying MI. It's longevity is average to me (4-5 hour range), and while it smells great while it lasts, I don't like to smell like nothing for the last 3-4 hours of being at work. Or, smelling like nothing if I need to go somewhere after work.

IMO it's hard to go wrong with Aventus & GIT as they are the most universally liked and personally 2 of my favorites.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Blog Entries

Try this site for samples:

http://theperfumedcourt.com/

Going by what you have liked so far, I would look at sampling:

Aventus
    Original Vetiver
    GIT
    Spice and Wood
    Original Santal
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

My swap list

Blog Entries

G.I.T., Aventus. You simply cannot go wrong with either.

Original Vetiver is my favourite, but it's expensive, when you consider how close it smells to Mugler Cologne.

Aventus is probably the one that you will not find any imitation of. This has grown on me I have to admit. I didn't like it at all at first, but like it more with every wear.

Banned

Try Aventus and Royal Delight.
    I own and enjoy both.

Thanks for all your responses and recommendations. I live in PA and I think the King of Prussia mall here has Neiman Marcus which i tihnk carries Creed perfumes. i will hav eto test these recoomeded one out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Try this site for samples:

http://theperfumedcourt.com/
    What size of the sample should I buy from the website mentioned so that I can adequately test it. Is 1ml too small?

I recommend getting the smallest spray vial. I have a crap-ton of samples from Aedes and Luckyscent in the dab vials and will likely wind up purchasing small cheap atomizers to pour them into. Dabbing is ok but spraying is mo betta IMO.

Welcome to the world of Creed bro. I would recommend in this order Greeen Irish Tweed, Aventus, Millesime Imperial, Virgin Island Water, Original Vetiver, Original Santal. Those would be a good starter kit! Enjoy!

Considering GIT vs Cool Water, this is from the perspective of someone who likes neither...

I generally don't like fragrances with an aquatic feel. GIT is far more than that, and it's not fair to call it an aquatic, but for me there's enough in there to put me off - though I do recognise plenty more notes, it does improve as it develops, and it clearly uses quality ingredients.

But I think Cool water is simply horrible.

There's a similarity in the opening, but whereas GIT gets nicer as it develops, to me Cool Water seems to tend more towards chemical weaponry.

Concerning Creed in general, the individual fragrances are very different, and if you like one there is no guarantee at all that you'll like another - sampling really is essential.

In my case, I really like Aventus, but I haven't bought any because of the price - I just have an occasional spray from a local store.

The only Creed I have bought so far is Original Vetiver, which I love - and it's one that you can get from the discounters from time to time, which made it affordable.

Original Santal is the one I'm investigating at the moment, as it's also sometimes available from discounters.
    Alan