Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Interlude Man is a beast

Just got a sample of this stuff with a recent purchase. Used about 1/3 of the Lucky Scent sample (I'd guess 2-3 sprays from an Amouage bottle) and not only is this stuff a beautiful smoky incense that changes into a sweet amber (I swear I can smell vanilla in this), but when my wife came home she could smell it from 20+ feet away. This will definitely be my next purchase.

Default Re: Amouage Interlude Man is a beast

My experience was the same. It lasted well over twelve hours and is very strong in a good way. I haven't purchased a Amuoage scent yet but Interlude has moved to the top of the list. I especially like it four hours in when the vanilla come through.

I can only take 1 spray max!

1 or 2 sprays for me as well.
    Very potent and extremely enjoyable when not oversprayed.

it won't go away even with a shower, it's a monster reminds me a lot of Shams Memo, more sophisticate though!
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon

I found it cloying and sickly after a while and the kitchen spice accord coming I think from the Origano smells like something that should go on a pizza or a curry. I did not get on well with this one.

I get a very overpowering 'pepper' type smell in the opening (I don't see it listed in the note pyramid, so maybe it's the 'allspice'). The mid and base notes are much more pleasing as the incense appears and the amber starts to sweeten things a little, but I'm having a hard time getting past that opening sledgehammer.
    Last edited by morrison74; 23rd October 2012 at 07:11 AM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

If you think Interlude Man is potent, try Interlude Woman. It's strong enough to set your nose hair on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I found it cloying and sickly after a while and the kitchen spice accord coming I think from the Origano smells like something that should go on a pizza or a curry. I did not get on well with this one.
    +1. Certainly not for me.

However, it is a BEAST for longevity for sure. Right near the top of that category.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

I do get that herbal vibe in the top, but I'm not good enough to call it oregano although I know that is what is listed. I do not relate it to dried oregano that one may sprinkle on pizza...either way I only pick it up for less than an hour or so.

wait till Pizza Man by Amouage will come out!

Yes major cloying and sickly. The day I sampled at work, I got many complaints about how yucky I smelled.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Yes major cloying and sickly. The day I sampled at work, I got many complaints about how yucky I smelled.
    strange place you live, I got 100% positive feedback with the juice. 250 euros well spent!
    Last edited by Francolino; 24th October 2012 at 02:03 PM.

It's beastly fo sho.

You have to give this one some time to appreciate it. The best in my collection so far. No complaints, lots of compliments. The longevity is crazy, was still clearly on my shirt after it was washed. This is definetely a winter frag. I can see it causing headaches and nausea during hotter season. You might be able to get away with a half of spray on a summer night. I only have a good 2months to wear this, I live in Kuwait and my winters are short