Code of Conduct

Default Winter modern fragrance that covers sillage, longevity, projection for men in their twenties.

Hi guys, what's in your opinion the fragrance for men in their late twenties that is modern with good sillage, projection and longevity, not offensive and most importantly for winter?

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Winter modern fragrance that covers sillage, longevity, projection for men in their twenties.

Dior Homme Intense
    A*Men Pure Malt

Blog Entries

Default Re: Winter modern fragrance that covers sillage, longevity, projection for men in their twenties.

Original A*Men / Angel Men, Pure Havane, or Pure Malt, by Thierry Mugler
    Bogart Pour Homme by Jacques Bogart

Hermes Vetiver Tonka, YSL La Nuit De L`Homme, Dior Homme Intense, VC&A Midnight in Paris -- are all good introductory fragrances IMO

Burberry London

Welcome!

Very many. I'd single out Chanel Egoiste (the regular one), warm sandalwoody with some candied fruits. Or Caron Yatagan, dark woody.

cacio

Angel Men was the one to come to mind when I read the topic title. If you can't stand the top or think it's offensive, the currently still available Angel Men Pure Leather might be up your alley.

Amouage Jubilation XX5
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Encre Noir. acqua azzura.

Thanks, I'm shooting for Pure Havane, i heard that Pure Leather is almost the twin of the original A*men.

Another vote for Burberry London

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ayoubissimo View Post
    Thanks, I'm shooting for Pure Havane, i heard that Pure Leather is almost the twin of the original A*men.

Good choice!

&

+1 Burberry London
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

Sound Scents

Costume National Homme
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Interlude by Amouage!
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon

YSL La Nuit de L'Homme
    Any A*Men flanker, except Pure Shot
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"..... I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Fall: | Gucci PH | Cacharel Nemo |
    YSL M7 | LAP L'Eau du Navigateur | Guerlain Heritage | YSL M7 OA | T.Mugler Pure Havane | Terre d'Hermes | Armani Attitude | T.Mugler B*Men | Lancome Miracle Homme | T.Mugler Pure Wood |

DHI
    Amen Taste of Fragrance
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Fahrenheit.

Pure Havane
    L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme

Pure Havane. Had this on today , great stuff , honeyed cherries with a touch of tobacco . Longevity was 6-8 hours , with good projection in the first 4 hours.
    Other great ones : YSL La Nuit , L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme , Dior Homme Intense , Fahrenheit ( it may be old , but it's timeless ) , Le Male Terrible ( not the original one ) .
    I would've said Burberry London but you mentioned that you want good longevity and projection .

+1 on Midnight in Paris

Also very winter-appropriate:

Chanel Allure Homme

YSL Body Kouros

Eau des Baux by L'Occitane (Tobacco Vanille "Lite"). If you have the $$$, Tobacco Vanille itself, or get in on one of the various splits in the splits forum.
    Last edited by Cade321; 22nd October 2012 at 03:26 PM.

Dior Homme or Homme Intense, Burberry London, Chanel Allure Homme

Midnight in Paris EDP

Burberry London almost wins this contest, but longevity is an issue. I bet it would last longer if you paired it with the Burberry London shower gel though.

Angel Men, but try before you buy.
    Pure Malt (projects almost as well as A*Men, but does not last as long).

M7
    Spicebomb
    A*Men/A*Men Flanker
    PI Leather Edition
    "If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears."
    -Isaac Hayes

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Midnight in Paris, edp version,
    La Nuit de L'homme,
    Tobacco Vanille,
    D.H.I.,
    Fahrenheit Absolute,
    L.I.D.G.E.

Quote Originally Posted by longstreth View Post
    Burberry London almost wins this contest, but longevity is an issue. I bet it would last longer if you paired it with the Burberry London shower gel though.
    My thoughts as well....London was the first to come to mind when you put winter & modern together, but it just seems that most people have projection & sillage issues with it. I find the longevity's ok and the rest can be improved by a few more sprays, or layering a couple sprays on top of each other in a few key areas...

Dior Homme

one more london
    Seasonal favorites :

Winter : The Dreamer & Burberry London
    Spring-Autumn : Bvlgari Pour Homme & Prada Man
    Summer : Bvlgari Aqva & Aqua Fahrenheit
    All-Rounders : Terre D'Hermes & Bleu de Chanel

M7 by YSL

Dior Homme Intense
    Costume National Homme (A true powerhouse)
    Burberry London (Dubious longevity though)
    Tobacco Vanille
    Pure Havane(The only version of the otherwise revolting A*Men that I actually like)

A*Men, M7 and Tobacco Vanille.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Apple Brandy
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Costume National Homme fits all those requirements

Agree with :

Dior Homme Intense
    M7
    Tobacco Vanille (expensive juice)
    Eav des Bavx by L'Occitane (i liked this better than Tobacco Vanille and its only $50)
    Body Kouros
    La Nuit De L'Homme
    Pure Malt

DHI
    La nuit
    A*men (original/malt/havanne)
    Allure

Like all of these, and adding Meharees.

A*men

Bvlgari Black!
    Great scent. Awesome bottle (one of the best ever). And the best part is, it can be had for very little online. Want a review? Here you go!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

La Nuit de L'Homme.

I would recommend Dior Homme Intense or Tobacco Vanille.

AVENTUS by Creed, no doubt.

It's not a winter scent per se, but it's good all year round. Lasts forever and has nuclear bomb sillage.

Otherwise, I suggest Rose 31 by Le Labo (as a winter scent). It's totally innoffensive, lasts forever, has great sillage and smells modern.
    Sales thread here

pure malt, burberry london, DHI

I pretty much agree with all recommendations made....

Givenchy play Intense
    L'Nuit
    Pure Havane
    Jil Sander Absolute

DHI!!! It's the best on winter

Burberry London
    MiP
    Eau Des Bavx
    La Nuit
    Lacoste Elegance
    Pure Malt
    A*Men
    M7
    CK One Shock

Platinum Egoiste

- - - Updated - - -

Platinum Egoiste
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Basenotes Member

Love Burberry London and I carry it in an atomizer as the longevity is sad
    I'm not a big fan of the Iris note in DHI and I hate the harshness in A*Men; however, both are beasts in projection and longevity.

I'd recommend (in no particular order):
    Bogart Pour Homme
    M7
    Givenchy play Intense (I'm wearing it now )
    Fahrenheit
    L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme
    Body Kouros

Chanel Allure Homme Sport has great longevity and smells good too, but maybe isn't specifically a 'winter' fragrance. Tobacco Vanille from Tom Ford is a rich, warming scent, but from what I've read Pure Malt/Havane do a similar job (and cost less too).

Oh and if I may add another, Boss Bottled.

+ 1 Interlude by Amouage. Also check out Back to Black

Givenchy Play Intense, Serge Lutens Chergui, Marc Jacobs Bang Bang, Comme des Garcons 2 Man & Hugo Boss Bottled.