Code of Conduct

Default Difference between L'EAU BLEUE D'ISSEY POUR HOMME and L'EAU D'ISSEY?

I have never smelled either and gonna be shopping for a new spring/summer frag soon I think, just wondering the difference...also might be looking at Le Male Summer if anyone has any opinions on that.

Default Re: Difference between L'EAU BLEUE D'ISSEY POUR HOMME and L'EAU D'ISSEY?

Nothing alike at all, Bleu is more melon ( which i love ) and the regular is a sour citrus ( which i sold ). But you may like both. The regular version also smell wonderful on others just not on me.

Default Re: Difference between L'EAU BLEUE D'ISSEY POUR HOMME and L'EAU D'ISSEY?

Blue has a distinct pepper note and is somewhat sweeter and 'thicker' than the original. It smells 'blue' !

Basenotes Institution

Bleue is much more aromatic. Rosemary, pepper, etc. IMO, it really is different than the original. Still fresh but much more pungent.

I actually agree with the last response more than the others -- Bleue D'Issey to me IS more aromatic but also sharper and more bracing. Great way to jolt up a morning.

Quote Originally Posted by cmax View Post
    Nothing alike at all, Bleu is more melon ( which i love ) and the regular is a sour citrus ( which i sold ). But you may like both. The regular version also smell wonderful on others just not on me.
    i agree with this one

I sampled L'Eau Bleu just once at duty free and IMO its different style. L'Eau d'Issey is typical fresh citrus aquatic. Bleu to me smelled more like woody aromatic.
    TOP 4 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial

TOP 4 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme
    4. Dior Homme Intense

Quite different as others have said IMO.

L'eau d'issey is a great citrus right up there with adg as far as compliments. and l'bleu for me was love hate, I sampled it and loved it it was a constant wrist sniffer for sure. But when i bought a bottle it was completely different like paint thinner. And its not just me, if you look at the reviews, it seems like the juice goes bad pretty quick or its just not the same when you spray. just my two cents

- - - Updated - - -

L'eau d'issey is a great citrus right up there with adg as far as compliments. and l'bleu for me was love hate, I sampled it and loved it it was a constant wrist sniffer for sure. But when i bought a bottle it was completely different like paint thinner. And its not just me, if you look at the reviews, it seems like the juice goes bad pretty quick or its just not the same when you spray. just my two cents

Bleue is rather love-hate, I don't think it gets bad, it ha a rather herby vegetal quality that gets shrill after some time.

If you're going to take a look at these two, see if you can find the 09 Summer Edition. It'll probably be difficult, but if you find it, sample it.

Lots of Spices and a real Panty remover!