Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Mini Pass: The Three Tuberoses of Histoires de Parfums

Hello everyone!

I have been looking for a tuberose scent, but had difficult times with the larger than life personality of this voluptuous flower that tends to override any other supporting notes. I wanted to share my experience with three HdP tuberoses that in my opinion are wonderful examples of tuberose done right: tuberose is still a star of the show but shares the stage with other players; and with that, tells more complex and intriguing story. There is little love and recognition given to these three scents on Basenotes for some reason, but they are more than worthy of your attention. Let me just say that when the time came to choose one for my personal collection, I couldn't make my choice. And so I had to get all three - thankfully HdP has very handy half ounce bottles that allow for a better experience without major investment. The pass will include:

Tubereuse 1 - Capricieuse

Iris and leather are two very prominent supporting players that accompany the tuberose until the very end (at least on my skin). Fans of Iris/leather combos might appreciate this one, I most certainly did.

Tubereuse 2 - Virginale

Gorgeous white flower bouquet that is feminine, classy, and strangely fragile. For those who are looking, but not finding big white floral that does not have huge headache and trashy outfit attached to it.

Tubereuse 3 - Animale

Immortelle is most obvious friend of tuberose in this dark and rich composition. Fans of 1740 from the same house and Sables by Annick Goutal might appreciate well behaved tuberose twist.

I will have 2 ml dab mini bottles; and as all three fragrances are quite potent, I think we can easily have at least 7 or 8 testers.

I will be honest, I have an ulterior motive for this pass - I want to make sure that if enough people are exposed to these fragrances, and hopefully love them enough to purchase, HdP will continue to make them. I can't take another "discontinued" heartbreak, let alone three of them .

If you are like me and having hard times with this flower or just curious, please join! It will be fun!

So far we have:

1. Genie Jeanie
    2. PerfumedLady
    3. cestrum nocturnum
    4. jujy54
    5. RHM
    6. quixoticcynic
    7. lucasai
    8. Foustie
    Last edited by Whitefluffy; 21st November 2012 at 03:20 PM.

Default Re: Mini Pass: Three Tuberoses of Histoires de Parfums (USA)

Please DO NOT include me in the pass but I am just going to say it is very nice of you to host a(nother) sniff! Thank you.

Wow, this is so generous of you! I'm quite new on the site (I've been lurking for awhile and only posting occasionally in the online discounts section when I come across good sales), so I'm not sure if I qualify to participate in this. (And if not, that's ok, of course.) However, I'd love to try these--I've been interested in the HdP Tuberose trilogy for awhile. (And I'd love to send you some samples in return...I have so many that I won't be using.)

Great pass! I have samples myself so I don't need to participate, but I agree with you that the trio is excellent. I especially like the Animale (plus I like immortelle), which is likely going on my to buy list soon.

cacio

Oh, I knew, cacio, that Animale was right up your alley!!! But what do you think - you might not agree with me of course - but I think that Animale is more intriguing and complex than both 1740 and Sables. And if you have time, could you share your views on all three? I just think it's so unfair that these three don't get the attention they deserve.

quixoticcynic - Welcome to Basenotes!!! You are most welcome to participate in this pass and share your views! However, and hope you will understand: would you mind terribly if I move you to the end of the line? I am sure that you are a wonderful and honorable individual, but my bottles are 14 ml to begin with and I am not sure that I can spare another 2 ml if someone in the beginning of line is to disappear. Thank you so much for your generous offer to ship samples, but you can always give them away at a freebie thread, or start your own sample pass. We all would appreciate the opportunity to try other scents
    Last edited by Whitefluffy; 23rd October 2012 at 02:32 AM.

Default Re: Mini Pass: The Three Tuberoses of Histoires de Parfums (USA)

I know you're taunting me, Whitefluffy. You're trying to reform this "not a fan of tuberose" person who used to love it. But I hope you'll get some lovers of the big, bold flower to give this generous offer a try.

Oh no, you have to tell me, what's with "used to love"? Some juicy story? These tuberoses, I think, will appeal to those who have difficult relationships - sounds exactly like yours. Would you join us, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    Oh no, you have to tell me, what's with "used to love"? Some juicy story? These tuberoses, I think, will appeal to those who have difficult relationships - sounds exactly like yours. Would you join us, please?
    You are truly wicked! Yes, I will join, in as I really would like to enjoy the tuberose again. But it better not jump out at me & take over my life! Juicy stories? Only if something wins me over.

Seriously, I hope I can make peace with this note & be friends again, & I'll be nice if it doesn't happen. Thanks for the opportunity!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Great pass! I have samples myself so I don't need to participate, but I agree with you that the trio is excellent. I especially like the Animale (plus I like immortelle), which is likely going on my to buy list soon.

cacio
    Cacio, I hope you'll follow our thread & give us your input along the way.

Yay! Awesome! Thanks for joining!!! I am really curious to see if tuberose will be the friend of the drunken, attention seeking girl you mentioned in another pass . Or maybe she will be a designated driver?

Whitefluffy is right that these tuberoses don't smell at all like the classic ones. If you have in mind Fracas (or even more so Tub criminelle or Eclair), they are not it. They are less garish and highlight only certain facets of the tuberose. Especially animale, which is only vaguely floral, but is more about the sweetish, decaying aspect of the tuberose.

Whitefluffy:
    I don't think I prefer Animale to 1740, but they are really different things. The first time I put it on, I was blown away. But it was really hot and humid, so perhaps it was projecting its dirty self more than usual. When I tried again here last month, it was smoother and not as intense. But still very good. And the drydown, as usual with immortelle, is nearly eternal.

cacio

Thank you, cacio, for sharing your views! I thought that you might not agree with me about 1740. I agree that they are quite different - immortelle being the one most obvious similarity. But while 1740 didn't grab me as Animale did, it's of course, a matter of personal preference. I just thought what unusual and unexpected pairing - tuberose with immortelle - but it works beautifully. As for a weather, I saw numerous mentions that tuberose blooms in hot and humid weather. Unfortunately, I have no way of testing this as I live in one of the driest parts of the country. But if I will be heading somewhere warm and humid I will make sure to bring all three of them with me.

I wish I could join for number 1 and 2, as I've got my own sample of tubereuse animale.

Of course I will be happy to watch and see what you think about the one I know.
    Last edited by lucasai; 23rd October 2012 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks for putting me on the list, W.! Not necessarily a tuberose hater here but certainly am very picky about this note. Usually like it so far buried as to be undetectable but as Whitefluffy knows, I have exceptions to every rule. Coty's Sand and Sable (vintage) and MDCI's Enlevement au Serail both break my "easy on the tuberose" rule, easily detectable in both and yet I love them. Go figure.
    The nose wants what it wants!

This sounds like a delicious group of fragrances! I would love to join. I *love* tuberose, and anytime I have them as cut flowers in the house, it requires herculean efforts to extract my head from the bunch! It's just one of those things I can't get enough of. For me, perfumes have never really re-created that addictive quality, so I am super curious! Thank you WF, for offering to share these!!!

Yay! Welcome, CN and PerfumedLady! Lucas, I would love to have you too, if last person in line is willing to ship overseas. If not, I will try to ship 1 and 2 to you.

I know what you mean, PerfumedLady, and that's exactly why I wanted to do this pass. These are not straight in your face tuberoses, but complex creations that showcase tuberose well with great supporting cast. You know I am very picky about tuberoses too.

CN you are so lucky to have live tuberoses in your house, I never had the privilege to smell the real deal. I bet I would have difficult times extracting my head from them as well.

Yay! Welcome, CN and PerfumedLady! Lucas, I would love to have you too, if last person in line is willing to ship overseas. If not, I will try to ship 1 and 2 to you.

I know what you mean, PerfumedLady, and that's exactly why I wanted to do this pass. These are not straight in your face tuberoses, but complex creations that showcase tuberose well with great supporting cast. You know I am very picky about tuberoses too.

CN you are so lucky to have live tuberoses in your house, I never had the privilege to smell the real deal. I bet I would have difficult times extracting my head from them as well.
    How great. Hope the last person won't mind sending to me but if he/she does I'll be fine. Will eventually get the samples myself

Whitefluffy, thanks! And I certainly understand and am just fine with being last (or being bumped, if more than 7 people are interested). If I do end up being last in the pass, though, I'd be happy to send 1 and 2 along to you, lucasai. (I've been lurking on nst for a few months now, and your blog is terrific, btw. I'm a student--lit. grad student--myself, so I understand how challenging it can be to develop a collection with limited funds.)

Quote Originally Posted by quixoticcynic View Post
    Whitefluffy, thanks! And I certainly understand and am just fine with being last (or being bumped, if more than 7 people are interested). If I do end up being last in the pass, though, I'd be happy to send 1 and 2 along to you, lucasai. (I've been lurking on nst for a few months now, and your blog is terrific, btw. I'm a student--lit. grad student--myself, so I understand how challenging it can be to develop a collection with limited funds.)
    Wonderful!!! Thanks so much quixoticcynic! I will put Lucas after you then. Lit. grad student? Sounds juicy...Can't wait for your appraisals.

Through Fluffy's generosity I too am able to sample these three perfumes. Thank you!
    I was skeptical when she said she would send me tuberose samples. I am far from being a fan. But, these ARE perfect for getting one over their fear of tuberose. Well, they coax you rather, since the tuberose is not at all prominent.
    So far, my favorite is #3. However, my strongest response was to #1. During the first half an hour it bears a strong resemblance to a glue we were using in kindergarden. A very addictive smell that I had completely forgotten.

queen of the universe

As irresponsible as I've been in not keeping up with sample passes, I hesitate to ask, unless you want to put me dead last. Tuberose, tho...heaven help me...
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Of course, jujy, you are most welcome! Thanks so much for joining, I would love to have you. I know you are partial to white flowers, really curious to see what you will think about these three!

darkdreams - Thanks so much for joining and sharing your opinions! I am so glad to see that they appealed to you. Tubereuse 1 is my absolute fave though I love all three!
    Last edited by Whitefluffy; 24th October 2012 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quixoticcynic View Post
    So great! Thank you very much and welcome!

Lovely RHM decided to join us and I think we have enough people to let the fun begin. I just shipped the package to Genie Jeanie.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

What a capital idea! I remember being one of the first few to review this trio on BN. I enjoy Capriceuse the most but Animale is wearable too. They certainly deserve a larger audience on BN imo. Sometimes in the search for strangely compelling compositions we overlook the wearable and well-constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by whitefluffy View Post
    lovely rhm decided to join us and i think we have enough people to let the fun begin. I just shipped the package to genie jeanie.
    ex-cell-ent

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    What a capital idea! I remember being one of the first few to review this trio on BN. I enjoy Capriceuse the most but Animale is wearable too. They certainly deserve a larger audience on BN imo. Sometimes in the search for strangely compelling compositions we overlook the wearable and well-constructed.
    Thank you so much for chiming in, Diamondflame. It was actually your reviews that sparked my curiosity. Capricieuse is my favorite too, though I find myself wearing Animale quite often. And I didn't find right occasion to wear Virginale yet, but I most certainly will!

The samples arrived today, so I will start the testing tomorrow with unscented skin. Considering my more recent views on tuberose this is a bit of an oxymoron, but I'm really looking forward to trying these scents! I've never tried anything from Histoires de Parfums & I'm feeling good vibes.

Thanks for this opportunity, Whitefluffy!!

We LOVE oxymorons here. We also love zeugmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    We LOVE oxymorons here. We also love zeugmas.

Hopefully people understand what I meant.

Of course we do

Today was spent with the tuberose family, so it's time to gather my notes & ramble!

Tubereuse 1 - Capricieuse

As expected from the description, Capricieuse opened up with leather & iris. Not a bold leather, but more of a soft suede note. The iris is more metallic rather than sweet. There is also an odd sort of note that I can't place. Some sort of spice, but nothing familiar to me. The whole effect is subtle & light.

As the the scent progresses, citrus and other floral notes join the mix. I recognize a hint of Ylang, as it's one of my favorite florals. The tuberose is noticeably present, but more as a component instead of a standout note. (which is just fine with me!)

At dry-down I'm left with a very delicate skinscent. I would describe Capricieuse as more of a leather-tinged floral than a true tuberose scent. For that I am grateful. I actually like it!!

Next up: Tubereuse 2 - Virginale...

Yay! Great first impressions, Genie Jeanie! I was hoping that Capricieuse will be to your liking as it is least tuberose heavy from the three, I think.

Tubereuse 2 - Virginale

Virginale opens up with brighter & sweeter notes than the Capricieuse. It's a fruity floral from the start & reminds me of the tropics with it's exotic flower overtones.

Middle notes bring the creaminess of the tuberose to the forefront, with the addition of woods & musk.

Upon drydown Virginale falls flat & fails to impress. After about an hour the once vibrant notes have all but disappeared & I'm left with a pale musky floral. There was nothing special in this one for me.

And lastly: Tubereuse 3 - Animale

- - - Updated - - -

Tubereuse 3 - Animale

Animale was the biggest surprise of the trio. I have to admit that Cacio's description of it as "...more about the sweetish, decaying aspect of the tuberose" had me wary, as that's the aspect of tuberose I find repugnant. But...
    The opening of Animale totally blew me away! Gorgeous, sophisticated scent!! The mix of honeyed tobacco with another "mystery note" captured me from the start. If this is what immortelle smells like it has a new fan.

As the scent developed the tuberose became much more pronounced. This is usually where I take my leave, but the mix was so...I don't know how to express it. Interesting? Inviting? No, it just seemed complete.

In the end I'm loving this scent. Very shocked, but loving it all the while.

Surprisingly, this confirmed tuberose-hater has found 2 out of 3 scents to like. I may even seek a decant or two!

Thank you so very much Whitefluffy for your generosity & for what this pass has given me personally! I've learned that I don't really "hate" tuberose after all. While I may never warm up to Fracas & the like, I don't have to limit myself when I see tuberose as a note. I hope all of the other sniffers will find something to love as well.

PerfumedLady, they're coming your way tomorrow!

Great impressions. Indeed, none of the three is a big in your face tuberose. Immortelle is often described as a curry-honey-caramel. It is most evident in the deep drydown of Animale. However, it is not as big as in other immortelle scents like Eau Noire or Sables.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by Genie Jeanie View Post
    I've learned that I don't really "hate" tuberose after all. While I may never warm up to Fracas & the like, I don't have to limit myself when I see tuberose as a note.
    Great!!! This was the whole point of this pass, to convert people who has difficulties with tuberose. I struggled myself greatly - tuberose after tuberose; headache after headache. No, no Fracas or Carnal Flower for me either, but these three! They hit the spot perfectly! Thank you so much Genie Jeanie for your bravery and for keeping an open mind, I am super psyched that you were able to find some that you can like and maybe even (gasp) love...As for decants, both Aedes and The Perfume Shoppe have 14 ml bottles for $36. Great travel size and when it comes to tuberose - a perfect amount.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Great impressions. Indeed, none of the three is a big in your face tuberose. Immortelle is often described as a curry-honey-caramel. It is most evident in the deep drydown of Animale. However, it is not as big as in other immortelle scents like Eau Noire or Sables.

cacio
    Thank you, Cacio! I'm still a bit unsteady with discerning my notes & expressing my thoughts. The encouragement is much appreciated from this very willing student! I appreciate that you're always willing to give your input.

Totally off topic, but you're in my home town. How has the area weathered the storm?

Things seemed to be normal today. I didn't see any flooding or anything. Offices will be open tomorrow. So more or less we were spared, unlike nyc.

cacio

The tuberoses are here! All snug inside their pretty little lavender box, just an adorable presentation! Thank you for sharing these with us, Whitefluffy! I'm so eager to try these tuberoses that made a tuberose lover out of you!

The Mr. and I have a long weekend of bathroom renovation work planned; will wait until next week to begin these when I'm able to focus on them. I'll still be quick enough to pass them along to cn before the week is out. Can't wait to see how this goes!

PerfumedLady, there is no rush at all! Please take as much time as you need and I wish all your bathroom renovations to go exactly as you planned .

But I really do hope that at least one will catch your eye (nose) as they are nothing like any tuberose I have encountered so far.

Oh! PerfumedLady, there is no rush on my account! Please take your time. And good luck with the bathroom renovation, too! That can be a really big undertaking!

Wow, Whitefluffy! I am still nearly speechless; this has truly been enlightening for me. Consider my mind blown and my attitude adjusted where tuberose is concerned! I have participated in some of our greatest sample passes and this one is right up there with the most educational, helpful and fun of the bunch! Thank you so much for bringing these to my attention.

Honestly, I had to psyche myself up to try these; wasn't expecting this to be as fun as it was. To my surprise, I like all of these, even love one. Will start with my "likes":

#2 Virginale- fruity floral done right, with intelligence. This one comes closest to what I think of when I think tuberose. But where I often find the flower harsh and brassy, this one is smooth, rich, buttery and golden. I enjoyed the cherry when it first presented, juicy and clear. This one is my least favorite of the trio; not a particular fan of the thick cherry pipe tobacco vibe in the drydown. But still, if this one were to mysteriously appear in my collection, it would be worn occasionally. It's just that well done.

#3 Animale- do like the blond tobacco here. Immortelle is not as heavy or sweet as in some immortelle scents I've tried and makes a striking and curious blend with the at times rubbery tuberose. Don't usually like that aspect but here I do. I could see this becoming quite animalic on me in the hot weather. Absolutely love the honeyed, woody, leathery drydown. Could not stop sniffing this one.

And finally, the one that surprised me the most- and I surprised myself by buying!:
    #1 Capricieuse- powdery iris tuberose heaven! What an amazing work of art. Don't pick out the saffron, unless it's the elementary school "tub o' paste" note darkdreams referred to. I get that, too and strongly. Sounds weird and up close, it is a bit strange. It's in the sillage that this shows it's true beauty. Sampled this on a very active day and glad I did, body heat puffs out the most incredible wafts of vaguely spicy, iris tinged tuberose and lightly cocoa dusted suede. Iris here is excellent quality; at times doughy, at others make-upy and powdery. Tuberose is plenty prominent to my nose and I love it. I think cn and jujy will like this; also made me think of Foustie. And even though Mimi can do some whopping white florals, I think this could impress her as well. I can see this becoming a BN darling if enough people try it. So, totally out of character for me to jump so soon but yes, I ordered a bottle! On its way now. No guilt, either; this is unlike any scent I own and now I have something for those days that perfume-wise, I have "nothing to wear". When I need to step out of my box, Capricieuse will be there for me.

These are all so masterful! Unique compositions to be sure, I've never smelled anything quite like them. Never dreamed I'd own a scent called Tubereuse Anything. These are all just so unbelievably good!

These eye-openers are on the way to cn (and I owe you a nice, chatty message over the weekend; please forgive me!) and I can't wait to see what she thinks! I'm eager for all the rest of the group to get these; this is shaping up to be quite a sample pass! Whitefluffy, you have my undying love for enticing me to try these!
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 17th November 2012 at 01:20 AM.

Yay!! Perfumedlady, I'm so glad that you liked them too! I have to admit that I had to take a deep breath before testing these. Like it was going to be my last bit of fresh air for a while. I was also very pleasantly surprised by them.

Whitefluffy! Looks like you're making converts out of all the "tuberose challenged" people. Maybe we should make kalli try them too. Wouldn't that be a coup!!

Oh, exactly, Genie Jeanie! Because I know Whitefluffy's tastes very well and share a lot of loves with her, I was super curious. But because it was tuberose, I was also super terrified! However, I did just this year sample two others with tuberose I just loved- Parfums MDCI Enlevement au Serail and jujy's gorgeous but discontinued (and impossible to find) Mollie Parnis. Maybe sample the MDCI if you haven't; it's similar in its tuberose-but-not-A-tuberose style.

We'd have to put Kalli in restraints to get this stuff on her. I'm for it; I'd love to hear what she has to say about these! Watch out, Kalli!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy (and laughing) that I can hardly speak (type). I knew, I knew, I KNEW (!!!!) that our dearest PerfumedLady will be enchanted with Capricieuse, but I had NO IDEA that you will buy a FB right away! WOW!!!! May I ask what size did you get?

I am so glad that you appreciated Virginale as it is my darling, though Capricieuse is my fave. It is indeed well done for a very white white floral; and so innocent smelling despite all voluptuous ingredients. And Animale is quite something else - so rich, dark, unique, but at the same time, it's very comforting and well behaved.

Genie Jeanie, this was the whole point to convert "tuberose challenged," to borrow your phrase, folk. I was always fascinated with tuberose; but like many of us, I was suffocated and nauseated by it's buttery, rubbery aspects. I am so glad to share my appreciation of these severely underhyped scents, especially with "tuberose challenged" ones, as I am one myself.

I did invite Kalli, but she politely declined. There is still spot for her if you darling gels manage to convince her .

Lol, I'm still laughing, too W.! I had a blast shelling out for this bottle; was fun to be so unlike myself! Capricieuse just makes me so happy, it's a bombshell of a scent but a refined and approachable one. Not the loud drunken one who announces herself obnoxiously. And how could an iris lover resist such high quality materials? I went for the 2 oz. bottle and hoping I'll have the good sense to make it last. But I was tempted to get the big one with the cool travel atomizer.

These are all exactly as you described to me! I do have great appreciation for your pretty Virginale and Animale is another I'd gladly wear and often, I think. And of course, Capriceuse is the star of the collection to me but others will have different faves, I'm sure. I couldn't argue with anyone about which is best of the trio; they all have their own merits.

This is off topic but so funny- just as I was typing, the Big T brought in the mail and I have yet another Whitefluffy package! Eerie. I know there are good things here, going to tear into it now!

That;s one fine sample pass, very happy for you all, ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    But I was tempted to get the big one with the cool travel atomizer.
    You were tempted by huge 4 Oz bottle of something called Tubereuse? Oh, my.... *LMAO* Yes, this thread collected it's first willing victim. So sorry it had to be you PerfumedLady (not so much, as I am happy you shared another love with me )

Twolf Thanks for dropping in!

PerfumedLady, honey, congratulations on bottle of HdP Tubereuse Capricieuse

Can't wait to put my hands on these sample vials. My turn on them is drawing near! Buahahahaha

You were tempted by huge 4 Oz bottle of something called Tubereuse?
    I know, hilarious right? I'm not sorry at all, don't you be either! I'm very happy about this purchase, for all the same reasons you are. Perfume loves are more fun when we can share them with friends!

Twolf, thank you! It's nice knowing you're peeking in on us. Have you tried these already? I'm pretty sure I know where you can get some Capriceuse if you're interested!

Thank you, too, lucasai! I have a hunch #1 will also be your favorite. RHM or quixoticcynic, please let me know if Capriceuse runs too low toward the end of the group and I'll send more along before the package leaves for Poland. Really no need for our samplers to be sparing with this one now!

PerfumedLady, thanks so much for offering to share some more, it's very generous of you! . Per your suggestions, I was wondering if Foustie have tried this one, it sure smells like something she might like very much. Lucasai could you ship to UK if Foustie decides to join our pass? I can cover shipping costs from Poland to UK.

Default Re: Mini Pass: The Three Tuberoses of Histoires de Parfums

Hope you don't mind my butting in but this is an interesting pass you have going and it inspired me to give #1 Capricieuse a run as my SOD, with the other two dabbed on my arm for comparison. I'd really like to share with you all my preference if I may.

Of the three I'd give the nod to #1 Capricieuse's leather/iris combo and of which I find also has the most prominent tuberose note. That said these are all ''tuberose at thirty paces' compared to Tubereuse Criminelle which I happily wear around the house.

A close second runs #3 Animale. I can see your comparison with 1740 Whitefluffy, most notably in the drydown though as to my nose they start in very different places. For me #3 Animale slides along a scale somewhere between Parfum de Nicolai's Vie de Chateau Intense and 1740. Vie de Chateau Intense has a cut grass, hay, tobacco thing going on which I get somewhat form Animale initially, but Animale is certainly closer to its' stable mate by the end.

Capricieuse and Animale are both very impressive but I have to say I found #2 Virginale pretty underwhelming. It is a rather sweet, fruity and clearly the most feminine of the three. This one suffers the most from the restrained use of tuberose as it feels hamstrung by not having enough buttery goodness and little else happening to make it interesting.

Welcome, Ozjon701! Nice to have you join in & add your experiences. I enjoyed the read. I think it's great when others test right along with us. Having lots of different opinions just adds to the fun for everyone!

Looks like the ladies had a busy afternoon without me today! I'm afraid I can't top PerfumedLady's FB purchase of the Capricieuse, but I did order decants of Capricieuse and Animale!!! As some here know, I much prefer my flowers with some color to them; pink, red, yellow & especially purple. But white?? I usually hide with Kalli! So this was quite a step for me. Well, actually a baby step, but at least I picked my foot up! It's a start, right??

Basenotes Plus

Considering all the damage my wallet suffered during and after the Annick Goutal pass, it is with trepidation I look forward to this one. I am very much tuberose challenged. It mostly smells like gasoline on me. Yep, you heard me, gasoline.

We shall see what happens.

Again with the "Buahahahaha"-ing!

ROLMAO
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Considering all the damage my wallet suffered during and after the Annick Goutal pass, it is with trepidation I look forward to this one. I am very much tuberose challenged. It mostly smells like gasoline on me. Yep, you heard me, gasoline.

We shall see what happens.

Again with the "Buahahahaha"-ing!

ROLMAO
    You're gonna like them, RHM. Just prepare yourself to open that wallet again! I just knew that these would make me wretch, as tuberose usually does, but........just see for yourself.

I feel your pain. I have 2 Goutals on order, & now 2 decants from this pass!! Passes are evil temptations!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozjon701 View Post
    Hope you don't mind my butting in but this is an interesting pass you have going and it inspired me to give #1 Capricieuse a run as my SOD, with the other two dabbed on my arm for comparison. I'd really like to share with you all my preference if I may.
    Dear Ozjon701, it's so nice of you to drop in and share your opinions with us. Of course you may! Thanks!!! . And I actually shared SOTD with you yesterday - I also wore Capricieuse! I didn't have a chance to try Tubereuse Criminelle, unfortunately. Is it stronger than these three? I have tried original Vie de Chateau, but not the intense version; I don't remember picking up on tobacco, maybe the intense version has more of it? Is a full bottle of either Capricieuse or Animale is in your future ? I think I am asking too many questions...

It seems that Capricieuse is a crowd favorite with the Animale close second. No love for poor Virginale? Anyone? It's OK, more for me . I agree with you Ozjon701 that it not as original as its two sisters, but I find it charming and bridal almost in feel. I do like it quite a bit .

I see this pass claimed another victim - Genie Jeanie. All is going according to plan...Buahahahaha, indeed...

RHM Unfortunately, I can do little to reassure you. You just might like something despite yourself. But the wonderful thing is are those 14 ml bottles for$36 that will get you going until you are ready for a big purchase.

PerfumedLady, thanks so much for offering to share some more, it's very generous of you! . Per your suggestions, I was wondering if Foustie have tried this one, it sure smells like something she might like very much. Lucasai could you ship to UK if Foustie decides to join our pass? I can cover shipping costs from Poland to UK.
    No problemo, will ship to our darling Foustie if she's interested in joining.

Thank you Lucas! You are a darling and a very fine gentleman, if I may say so!

Thank you Lucas! You are a darling and a very fine gentleman, if I may say so!
    Well, thank you Ma'am! Hat tip I'll send her a message asking if she wants to join

--
    message sent

Just a quick note to say that a *fabulous* package from the lovely and generous PerfumedLady arrived at my door today!

Whitefluffy, what an adorable presentation of samples! I read through PL's excellent and enjoyable reviews of each, and I am afraid-- very afraid-- that I may wind up loving all three of these... I am going to try to harden my heart (nose?) before I start sniffing! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by cestrum nocturnum View Post
    Just a quick note to say that a *fabulous* package from the lovely and generous PerfumedLady arrived at my door today!

Whitefluffy, what an adorable presentation of samples! I read through PL's excellent and enjoyable reviews of each, and I am afraid-- very afraid-- that I may wind up loving all three of these... I am going to try to harden my heart (nose?) before I start sniffing! lol!
    I'm afraid you're doomed CN! I was never a tuberose fan & I fell for two of them!