Code of Conduct

Thread: Zino - Heritage

Default Zino - Heritage

I finally been able to try Heritage... But there is ONE special and very characteristic note here that are very similar (must be the same note) in Zino. Especially at the opening. After awhile the particular note fades more and more away in Heritage.
    I don't like Zino at all (sorry guys). Heritage I'll find better, not so rough and "in-your-face", and it changes, but that characteristic note is still there even after a hour or so.

But could someone please help me to figure out what note I'm seeking for???
    I am not so good at picking notes and say that this is AAA and this is bbb and so on if you know what I mean (in fact I'm rather bad at it).

if only I could find out what particular note (I think here is only one) I react to in these two scents (especially at the beginning in Heritage and throughout with Zino) then I know what to avoid in the future.
    Please help.
    Last edited by anders; 23rd October 2012 at 10:55 AM.

Default Re: Zino - Heritage

Sorry can't help you with that note. Have both but don't sense anything similar between the two. Sure others will zero in on that note you're finding troubling.

Dependent

Curious to try Heritage again and compare, as Zino has become one of my favs. It could be clary sage, a rich herbal scent with resinous and almost sweaty undertones.

Not anything similar?

To me they quite are for sure! Zino has more rose/patchouli and Heritage is more spicy but they give me the same vibe and have many in commom regarding smell. Only thing, for me, is that current Zino version (block font bottle) has NO longevity at all! It's gone after 2 hrs completely or veeeery close to the skin after that delicious and promising opening. I therefor layer them often and one or two extra sprays of Zino gives Heritage a more 'rough egde'. Heritage edt (mine is vintage) lasts 10+ hrs and the edp (vintage) even 24+ hrs but that one cannot be layered with Zino imo as it's way different than Heritage edt.

Maybe the note you are looking for is patchouli or more probably an accord the patchouli creates with other notes?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Sorry can't help you with that note. Have both but don't sense anything similar between the two. Sure others will zero in on that note you're finding troubling.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Both have a patchouli/amber/vanilla/musk accord at the base --- I suspect that's what you're picking up as a similarity.

There is more similarity with the recent formulation of Zino. Heritage has a creamy/syrupy quality that is more consistent with the drydown of Bois du Portugal than vintage Zino (which has a strong incense/sandalwood note that really sets it apart).

There is a "sharp" note in both that is very similar. Probably lavender or patch.

Luca Turin suggested in his book that Heritage was based on Zino...

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Luca Turin suggested in his book that Heritage was based on Zino...
    I think he got that one wrong! Why? BdP and Heritage are straightforward, somewhat simple "masculine" woody orientals. Zino is a complex hybrid. And consider the dates of release:

BdP: 1987
    Zino: 1988
    Heritage: 1992
    Last edited by Bigsly; 24th October 2012 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Curious to try Heritage again and compare, as Zino has become one of my favs. It could be clary sage, a rich herbal scent with resinous and almost sweaty undertones.
    It also feels to me as there is a herb-note that disturbs me, but again, I'm not sure... It just feels like it very well could be. Or it could off course be a mix.
    Is clary sage used in many scents these days?
    Anyway, I noticed later in the evening yesterday that the special note in (Heritage) was almost gone. There was no Zino left in it after three-four hours. "Only" a good spicy, deep woody smell.
    PS: Very strange strange to me that some of you don't notice this note, especially in the first hour or so.
    PS-PS: Could be because I have the new versions.

I will wait the samples Bigsly sent me arrives so i will come back to left my opinion. LOL
    It would be musk (sourness), lavender. Nobody told about the roses, couldn't be the roses?

I sent you a vintage sample.

Quote Originally Posted by voidvader View Post
    I will wait the samples Bigsly sent me arrives so i will come back to left my opinion. LOL
    It would be musk (sourness), lavender. Nobody told about the roses, couldn't be the roses?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by anders View Post
    Is clary sage used in many scents these days?
    nope. it's pretty old-fashioned imo. i love it tho.

Zino, Heritage, BdP: I love 'em all and always count them as part of the same team. Clary sage is one of my favorite notes, by the way. Zino strikes me as the more floral of the three and it must be the rose note (which I do not like) but whatever it is, they are all great scents!