Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Forever Now by Gucci (Museo) - perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi

From Now Smell This:

Gucci will launch Forever Now, a new fragrance made for the Gucci Museo (which opened last year in Florence) in collaboration with Italian niche perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi.

Forever Now is an ‘ode to the Florentine tradition of the Gucci brand’; the notes feature bergamot, mandarin, black pepper, lavender, orange blossom, rose, jasmine, ylang ylang, leather, nutmeg, amber, patchouli, musk, vetiver and Tuscan iris.

Gucci Museo Forever Now is expected to launch in early 2013; it will be sold at the Museo, at Gucci boutiques and the Gucci website. It will be available in 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Default Re: Forever Now by Gucci (Museo) - perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi

Sounds interesting.

Sounds very interesting. The notes list looks a bit like they're trying to please everybody but sounds interesting nonetheless

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

It will be interesting to sample to see how those notes come together when it's released.

Only Lorenzo makes it sound promising.

Then again we know Gucci targets the mass market.....

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Only Lorenzo makes it sound promising.

Then again we know Gucci targets the mass market.....
    I agree that Lorenzo makes it sound interesting, but I haven't been too taken with the recent releases from his own house. I haven't sampled the brand new one yet, though.

This is apparently out now according to what I saw on Facebook. Has anyone smelled it?

Must go to florence soon...

Would like to get a sample.

Today I finally had the chance to test the infamous "Gucci Museo" AKA "Forever Now" and....

First Impressions:

I guess what I think about it, it's pretty clear from the picture. A spicy (mainly pepper / cardamom / nutmeg) combo built around a (synthetic) woody-oriental structure with subtle floral undertones and the usual green bergamot opening. Before I go on, let me say it smells good but, who is familiar with NU and who is expecting the usual Villoresi's (heavy-handed) hallmark, be ready for a semi-disappointment.

I'm a big sucker for NU so I can't say I disliked the Gucci but, somewhat, it didn't completely convince me. It's kind of volatile, sort of transparent and has an overall vibe just like if they really tried to couple two axpects that usually belong to completely worlds apart: "Exclusivity" and "Pleasing Everyone". Well, the price is definitely leaning towards the exclusive side of the spectrum at 170 euros for 100ml but the fragrance, while smelling definitely nice, is, in two words, "NU Legere".

Quick note on the service and distribution: Gucci Museo will be available only at the Gucci Museo in Piazza Della Signoria and in Gucci Flagship Stores around the world. NO SAMPLES AVAILABLE NOW AND NEVER!

170 euro and no sample? I'll pass

the far drydown is a lot about vetiver and soft woods...

Thanks to Mike for this thread and alpharom for the review.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Very interesting. Is it unisex?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Thanks to Mike for this thread and alpharom for the review.
    Don't get me wrong, mine are just initial impressions. The fragrance is not easy to test because they don't provide samples plus, at the Gucci Museo, SAs follow you step by step and won't leave you alone. Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Very interesting. Is it unisex?
    absolutely yes....totally.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

After a succession of bombs and stinkers, Gucci's desperate for a hit. Going back to their Italian roots is probably a good way to start. Perhaps someone here will do a split?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    After a succession of bombs and stinkers, Gucci's desperate for a hit. Going back to their Italian roots is probably a good way to start. Perhaps someone here will do a split?
    hmmmmm, altough definitely smelling nice, I think this is more worthy from a "vintage of the future" perpsective than just for the juice itself...Just my two cents.

I have to admit that I like the fact very much that some brands release now & then,
    an exclusive scent that's only available in one place, or few stores. It kinda makes me curious.
    ----------------------------------------
    My Favorites:
    1) Serge Lutens (EdP Ambre Sultan)
    2) Andy Tauer (Edt l'Aire du désert Marocain)
    3) Boadicea de Victorius (Complex & Provocative)
    4) Artisan Parfumeur (Tea for Two)
    5) Amouage (Edp Epic)
    6) Amouage (EdP Interlude)
    7) Davidoff Classic (Edt Classic) - vintage
    8) Lorenzo Villoresi (Edt Piper Nigrum)

Basenotes Plus

I'm going to Florence this week, looking forward to trying this!
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

That's great! Keep us posted and with life pictures please.
    ----------------------------------------
    My Favorites:
    1) Serge Lutens (EdP Ambre Sultan)
    2) Andy Tauer (Edt l'Aire du désert Marocain)
    3) Boadicea de Victorius (Complex & Provocative)
    4) Artisan Parfumeur (Tea for Two)
    5) Amouage (Edp Epic)
    6) Amouage (EdP Interlude)
    7) Davidoff Classic (Edt Classic) - vintage
    8) Lorenzo Villoresi (Edt Piper Nigrum)

Basenotes Institution

Oh I don't like Nu, so I'm somewhat disappointed.

Interesting to hear that Villoresi has done a 'light' fragrance, which is definitely not his style based on his current releases. Hmm...
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Oh I don't like Nu, so I'm somewhat disappointed.

Interesting to hear that Villoresi has done a 'light' fragrance, which is definitely not his style based on his current releases. Hmm...
    Give it a chance, while surely synthetic it's *less* synthetic than NU. Plus, the resemblance is only to a certain extent. "Foerever Now" is overall smoother, more vetiver-prominent (expecially during the final phases) and it completely lacks the incense note...

BTW, some latest Villoresi such as Mare Nostrum or Theseus are not as heavy as some of his previous works. Piper Nigrum is not heavy either IMO...

Last but not least, these are my initial thoughts. They're not to be meant as a review so I really don't want to descourage anyone from testing this fragrance. I'm actually thinking I might splurge on a full bottle at some point...

And there is no way to obtain a sample, correct?

Not through "official" channels...According to Gucci SAs no samples of Forever Now have been produced...

Guess I had better star making some friends lol

I think samples will sooner or later appear. How people who don't have access to Gucci boutiques are supposed to splurge big tickets to buy this blind? In the end, let's not forget it's Gucci we're talking about not Guerlain...

Malle for Dries, Villoresi for Gucci...hmm, I wonder if we'll see more big names working with designers this year ?

Villoresi had made the odd not-too heavy scent in the past.

Well, i have to disagree with Alfarom. I love Nu edp, it's one of my favorite scents. This is not Nu edp, this doesn't even come close to Nu edp. I cannot see anything in common to it. If i see something of an specific fragrance, it's Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon, but it's a very faint connection, after hours of evolution on skin, that wouldn't justify comparing the two scents.
    It's very well done fragrance from Gucci, altough it doesn't say exclusive to me. But it does say luxury, from what you would expect Gucci from the pre Frida Gianini era, maybe something between her awful massmarket style and the intense and daring Tom Ford era.
    It has for me a kind of classic leathery aura refurbished. It's doesn't have a rubber leather aroma, or something smoky, but it still smells like expensive soft leather with a sparkling leathery aroma and something that intrigues me, a kind of distant node to a animalic synthetic agarwood note. It' s used in a light way here, but i can get it after it starts to develop on skin, mixed in other woods and spices.
    Some bottles arrived on ebay a time ago for affordable prices, i got mine for 60 dollars and i'm happy with my bargain. I wouldn't have paid what they were askin for it and i had i'd be disappointed with the presentation, which kind of seem poorly executed from the inside part,

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it's a kind of false-light fragrance. It tricks you at the opening making you think that it's a citrusy leathery scent. It's not, the two times i sprayed it on my arm just to test the scent just got dominant over the other scent i was wearing after some hours on skin.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone wants one, here is it for 80 dollars at ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gucci-Museo-Forever-Now-3-4-oz-Eau-de-Parfum-/251367263000?pt=fragrance&hash=item3a86a80b18

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Well, i have to disagree with Alfarom. I love Nu edp, it's one of my favorite scents. This is not Nu edp, this doesn't even come close to Nu edp. I cannot see anything in common to it. If i see something of an specific fragrance, it's Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon, but it's a very faint connection, after hours of evolution on skin, that wouldn't justify comparing the two scents.
    It's very well done fragrance from Gucci, altough it doesn't say exclusive to me. But it does say luxury, from what you would expect Gucci from the pre Frida Gianini era, maybe something between her awful massmarket style and the intense and daring Tom Ford era.
    It has for me a kind of classic leathery aura refurbished. It's doesn't have a rubber leather aroma, or something smoky, but it still smells like expensive soft leather with a sparkling leathery aroma and something that intrigues me, a kind of distant node to a animalic synthetic agarwood note. It' s used in a light way here, but i can get it after it starts to develop on skin, mixed in other woods and spices.
    Some bottles arrived on ebay a time ago for affordable prices, i got mine for 60 dollars and i'm happy with my bargain. I wouldn't have paid what they were askin for it and i had i'd be disappointed with the presentation, which kind of seem poorly executed from the inside part,

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it's a kind of false-light fragrance. It tricks you at the opening making you think that it's a citrusy leathery scent. It's not, the two times i sprayed it on my arm just to test the scent just got dominant over the other scent i was wearing after some hours on skin.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gucci-Museo-...item3a86a80b18
    I'm interested to try this.

For some reason it's not getting released here.

Thanks for your views.

All perspectives are helpful.

for swap/sale:

I smelled it earlier this year at said Museo (wonderful location, btw, in Piazza della Signoria, the view from the windows is breathtaking). And was utterly unimpressed. Not very leathery, spicy, woody, kind of meh. The best thing is the bottle.

cacio

This was a major disappoint in 2013 for me. I had high expectations for this, but found it quite unpleasant.
    (1353)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Er... is that a reputable seller? Why would it only be $79.99 USD?...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I smelled it earlier this year at said Museo (wonderful location, btw, in Piazza della Signoria, the view from the windows is breathtaking). And was utterly unimpressed. Not very leathery, spicy, woody, kind of meh. The best thing is the bottle.

cacio
    Ewwwwwwwww. I'd love to visit, but scratch one reason off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    I was wondering exactly the same thing. A real half-bottle could demand full-bottle price or better, from exclusivity alone.

Sounds interesting,

i wonder how Tuscan iris performs here

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It's good to disagree sometime but the most important thing is that you (sort of) liked it. It initially left me very mildly impressed but it grew a lot on me. I still find a certain kinship with Nu (which also for me, is one of my favorite designer fragrances) but as I previously said, ONLY to a certain extent. As a matter of fact, it has become one of my favorite fragrances of 2013.

I didn't saw that part, i thought that you found it equal due to the Pic Francesco lol Well, i really liked it, it seems very well executed, i only don't see it as so exclusive as they are trying to market it. It's for me the kind of fragrance that Gucci should be launching and i hope they do more like it on the future.

I too hoped Gucci would have taken a new direction but I'm afraid this won't be happening anytime soon. I believe Made To Measure was here to confirm that Forever Now has been a stand-alone episode which was launched neither as an exclusive nor as a *starter* of a new direction for the brand, but just as tribute to the Gucci Museo. A one-off operation.

Let's say, a very weird one-off operation. They barely promoted it and from what you (if i understood well) said it's not a fragrance so easy to be tried or sampled. I was intrigued by it due the Villoresi association, but it was a blind purchase bargain, i wouldn't have risk at the retail price. But i'm very happy with my bargain, got a good deal on it! Do you have one too friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    I guess that it's not selling well. I paid 60 dollars on mine.
    Well, there is also the ones more expensive too, from 100-150 dollars

That might explain why all the auctions i saw of it at lower prices ended without bids or with low prices. I suspect that people are thinking that they are fake. Well, my luck, because it was really a good price for it

Let's say, a very weird one-off operation. They barely promoted it and from what you (if i understood well) said it's not a fragrance so easy to be tried or sampled. I was intrigued by it due the Villoresi association, but it was a blind purchase bargain, i wouldn't have risk at the retail price. But i'm very happy with my bargain, got a good deal on it! Do you have one too friend?
    It's very hard to sample because they didn't make any sample (which I think it's one of the reasons this stuff is not going well). On top of that, today's Gucci crowd is extremely mainstream-oriented when it comes to both aesthetic and fragrance. Forever Now is really something that doesn't have any appeal with the current average Gucci customer. Last but not least, distribution on this is awful...Sadly, a total flop, but I strongly believe this is going to become an hidden gem in the future.

Yes, I eventually got a full bottle and I've to say it grows on me with every wearing. I'm really loving this.

That might explain why all the auctions i saw of it at lower prices ended without bids or with low prices. I suspect that people are thinking that they are fake. Well, my luck, because it was really a good price for it

LOL! Good score, dear!

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    It's very hard to sample because they didn't make any sample (which I think it's one of the reasons this stuff is not going well). On top of that, today's Gucci crowd is extremely mainstream-oriented when it comes to both aesthetic and fragrance. Forever Now is really something that doesn't have any appeal with the current average Gucci customer. Last but not least, distribution on this is awful...Sadly, a total flop, but I strongly believe this is going to become an hidden gem in the future.

Yes, I eventually got a full bottle and I've to say it grows on me with every wearing. I'm really loving this.
    I may see why - it's sillage is very good. I like how you notice it but it doesn't wear it. And i'm a sucker for leathery aromas, this one won me with a good rendition.
    I also think it'll become a kind of hidden gem with high prices in the future, so i see that now it's a good opportunity to buy one.

I also think it'll become a kind of hidden gem with high prices in the future, so i see that now it's a good opportunity to buy one.
    Totally agree. I also believe another *issue* with the fragrance is to have had Villoresi involved. He has basically no appeal to the mainstream crowd who was probably expecting something either more *conventional* or more *classic*. As a matter of fact, I think the choice to have him involved was absolutely logical. Both him and Gucci, represent two of the most important pillars of contemporary florentine luxury.

Just got my bottle of this via a swap here at BN. This is a tad bit "darker" than I anticipated from this scent. I anticipated a citrusy, flowery Florentine style of scent. But instead, I got a darker citrus (bitter orange) with more woods upfront and patchouli than I honestly anticipated. It's a much smoother version of John Varvatos 10th Anniversary once it (JV10) dries down - I mean to me, that's a good thing since I like JV10 but feel like the initial notes were a bit harsh yet unique.

Very manly, very restrained (doesn't project like a beast) but it's... quite a nice scent. I'm just not sure about the quality of the presentation - looks cheap for such a higher priced item.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Just got my bottle of this via a swap here at BN. This is a tad bit "darker" than I anticipated from this scent. I anticipated a citrusy, flowery Florentine style of scent. But instead, I got a darker citrus (bitter orange) with more woods upfront and patchouli than I honestly anticipated. It's a much smoother version of John Varvatos 10th Anniversary once it (JV10) dries down - I mean to me, that's a good thing since I like JV10 but feel like the initial notes were a bit harsh yet unique.

Very manly, very restrained (doesn't project like a beast) but it's... quite a nice scent. I'm just not sure about the quality of the presentation - looks cheap for such a higher priced item.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I bought a bottle and it's on the way. Cannot wait to give it a sniff.

Alright, I just got my bottle today....the opening is outstanding, and for 10 minutes, it's amazing -- then that's it.
    This is an Eau de Parfum? NFW...WTF!?!?

I also noticed how cheap looking the bottle is, presentation wise -- I assume everyone's is like that?

Either something is up here (ie. I got a fake bottle) or they purposely designed the scent this way?
    I sprayed it 16 times and still -- same thing...amazing opening, then nothing after about 15 minutes or so.
    Wth is going on here? Did I get a fake bottle, or is that just how this frag is?

I can not believe an Eau de Parfum would last only 10 minutes....I did get my bottle on ebay, for a discounted price from a Hawaiian seller, but I have no reason to doubt it's authenticity. He showed me the receipt...I guess it could have been photoshopped. It's also wintertime here...I dunno...but I love the frag in general, I just can not believe it disappears so quickly. I mean this stuff is gone faster than some of the Hermessence EDT's!!

I wish Gucci would lauch a real exclusive line and give us some great stuff to wear and write about...not this one off.... :|
    Last edited by surge; 4th January 2014 at 09:07 PM.

I got my bottle some time last month. It's a nice woodsy scent with below average longevity and decent projection ( 4 hours or so on me). The scent is solid ( judging from the scent alone) but the bottle looks quite cheap.

If anyone has a bottle of this, can you tell me what the code say on the botom, and tell me where it says that it is made? Mine says made in the
    UK and my code is 2326. Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If anyone has a bottle of this, can you tell me what the code say on the botom, and tell me where it says that it is made? Mine says made in the
    UK and my code is 2326. Thanks all!
    That's what I got. Got it from an eBay seller.
    Last edited by CapriDog; 1st February 2014 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Add more info

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    That's what I got. Got it from an eBay seller.
    Same...and I believe we got it from the same ebay seller. If anyone has purchased this from gucci.com or a boutique please post the code. Thanks. Not drawing any conclusions just yet but...my bottle totally falls flat after 20 mins.

Something sounds wrong with your bottle.
    One spray at the Gucci store at 11:30 AM is still obvious at 5:30 PM
    Scent has grown on me. Would love to find a bargain bottle as long as it was on the real.