Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default SOTD Thursday 25th October 2012

hello all,

today i am wearing SHALIMAR

but from 1980s EDT 15 ml bottle so cute

it has real not synthetic bergamot like the new one, it has more vanila-lemon feel, and not so dry, its also woody, but creamy in the mid notes!....just as Luca Turin described it, its best in the middle!

Default Re: SOTD Thursday 25th October 2012

Good morning peeps!

I am surrounded by a wonderful cloud of ROMA
    by Laura Biagiotti.

My dear friend Carol is off to Rome in
    a few weeks time so i gave her a decant to wear whilst she
    explores the city. She "gets" my perfume obsession and was
    thrilled.

Roma is big, unashamed and gloriously defiant (nothing like my friend
    by the way.)
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Good morning!

I'm testing Gardenia Exerberante on my left wrist and Flor Azteca on my right. They are both distinct and wonderful, but I like GE more. Once the initial blast of the almost bitter green note fades, it becomes smoother and a very realistic gardenia. It's a shame Exotic Island Aromatics don't ship full bottles internationally.

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

draft_lens2395586module45990682photo_1247575468maxfield-parrish-Cleopatra.jpg
    Do happy

Youth Dew. It was a mistake - thought I was spraying something else, as I've never worn YD by day, but it's really lovely!

ELDO Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Bonjour Mesdames!....

Basenotes Plus

Hello you lovely-smelling folk, SOTD is Angel.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all. Prada.
    DONNA

Divine Divine. Another one I wish I had more of to spray lavishly. Woke up at 1 am as disturbed by lightning, a series of them like on the glamour shot site. Expecting snow.

Have a nice day, especially 30R and mom.

Flying pit stop Idylle Duet Rose Patchouli

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Thursday 25th October 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello everyone!

I'm in Bel Respiro for tennis this morning. Y'all have a great day!

Wolfie - snow already?? Egads!!! I know you prefer it to the heat, but you bundle up and take care - we don't want you getting sick again!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 25th October 2012 at 02:36 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Montale ~ Chypre Vanille

24 Faubourg this am. Think I needed something a little less spicy/more muted after smelling Arabie all day yesterday.

Hello everyone! A treat today, Keiko Mecheri Iris Poudre, a soft Woody Iris.

Roberto, you smell woooonderful!!

I'm giving another full wearing to PdH Ambre 114. I found it far too powdery the first time I wore it, but today it's a bit more herbal, and the patchouli is more pronounced. I may need a decant to fully understand how this one works on my skin. I'm intrigued.

Bonjour, Monsieur easyfish! I'm loving your morning greetings lately! You can't see it, but I'm curtseying in return to your hat tip.

No.5 EDT today. Sunny and warm today but I know you folks in the middle of the country are sending your cold weather toward my direction soon. Please hold it back as long as you can!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Blog Entries

Good morning, everyone!

I'm rearranging my fragrances today as my mini fridge is overcrowded. It's time to take some off-season and less-used ones to the downstairs fridge.

Meanwhile, I've applied Diabolo Rose as my SotD.

Good morning!

Test driving a few samples today: Un Jour D'Ete by Keiko Mecheri (something mysterious and ambery here - delish!), Entre Naranjos by Ramon Monegal (killer drydown), and Limon de Cordoza by the Different Company (pretty good lemon).

My wrists are musical events!
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

It's still very warm here, though it has been cool enough at night to make the leaves start turning colors. I'm wearing Shalimar edc this morning. I haven't worn this in a long time. "Oooo hello there! I remember you." It has the brightness of eau de cologne, the smoky/dustiness of something old in the attic, and an intimation of the Shalimar sultriness, but not the full tilt bombshell (NOT that there is anything wrong with that, I love that, it's just sometimes an edc is more conducive to activity, and I am behind schedule here as usual). This Shalimar edc is a veil, but a multi faceted one, not like the new versions of Shalimar, which are nice but very shiny and modern and smooth, even a little flat - interesting as some of them are (imho). This edc is my favorite.

adding...thinking of Jon Rodgers. ♥
    Last edited by lilybelle; 25th October 2012 at 04:48 PM.

Ted Lapidus Black Extreme

Etro Gomma for me today. Here it is, another one on my wishlist...
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

No spritz this morning, just a little SO ELIXIR lotion.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    Bonjour Mesdames!....
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Bonjour, Monsieur easyfish! I'm loving your morning greetings lately! You can't see it, but I'm curtseying in return to your hat tip.

There ya go.

I'm going to and

while DH and

so later we can

Still have to pick SoTD.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Thank you, Quarry! That's much better! She's so cute with her giant bow!

Been looking at new laptops, still on my Kindle. When I finally settle on something, first order of BN business is figuring out how to pretty up my posts! My eyes are tired of my boring black & white.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post

There ya go.

I'm going to and

while DH and

so later we can

Still have to pick SoTD.

A Serge day for me today... Fourreau Noir earlier and now Une Voix Noire.
    Best to all

Joining Mrs. E in Chanel this morning, but mine is 31 rue Cambon. Wish I were joining her in tennis also, but instead, I am at work

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, that's a good one easyfish!!!

Hi All,

Today I'm wearing Hugo Boss Deep Red.

Lol, grabbed one out of my samples and dabbed a little bit on. Plum by Mary Greenwell. I thought..plum sounds good..dabbed on..it's a big wallop of tuberose. Ugh. Lol and I thought I smelled my other love, gardenia. Haha. ugh. The plum? Well it was in and out like a bad style then it was all about tuberose, lol. There is a rose in here that gives it a Drole De Rose note. That vintage/makeup note. A bit waxy. But something acidic and tart on top. The rose makes a decent appearance in it, best part of the scent. As I like that the rose almost takes over the tuberose for a bit. But ya, obvious pass for me.

Evening All,

Just wanted to say I'll likely be absent / posting irregularly for a little while on account of some personal matters ( I'm fine and nothing to do with BN).
    Stay fragrant,
    *waves scented hanky*

Hello all!

La Myrrhe - Serge Lutens
    from a sample, this morning.

I am going to wear
    Chanel N.5
    for the evening.

Banned

Dora cant wait to test that one too:-) you did not choose both by chance since they are simmilar in nature:-) can you share some thoughts?

I'm wearing DSH Apricot Vanille today. Very yummy and soothing.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    It's still very warm here, though it has been cool enough at night to make the leaves start turning colors. I'm wearing Shalimar edc this morning. I haven't worn this in a long time. "Oooo hello there! I remember you." It has the brightness of eau de cologne, the smoky/dustiness of something old in the attic, and an intimation of the Shalimar sultriness, but not the full tilt bombshell (NOT that there is anything wrong with that, I love that, it's just sometimes an edc is more conducive to activity, and I am behind schedule here as usual). This Shalimar edc is a veil, but a multi faceted one, not like the new versions of Shalimar, which are nice but very shiny and modern and smooth, even a little flat - interesting as some of them are (imho). This edc is my favorite.

adding...thinking of Jon Rodgers. ♥
    You smell amazing, lilybelle! How long does the EdC last on you? It's my wife's favorite Shalimar for daily wear, but she complains about longevity.

I'm in Habit Rouge EdT today, the modern one. Not as rich as the vintage but not so doughy/gourmandy either. It's nicer on a warm day sometimes.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tea for two by L'Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    You smell amazing, lilybelle! How long does the EdC last on you? It's my wife's favorite Shalimar for daily wear, but she complains about longevity.
    Thank you, Rube! I'm not really sure how long it lasts. A good long while - several hours anyway. I haven't noticed any longevity problems, but I suppose it wears closer to the skin than a stronger formulation once it dries down. Weather might be a factor. Is it still hot and humid in Texas? That could be a reason. Has Mrs. Rube tried spraying/applying some at the nape of her neck, just into her hairline there? That would probably help hold the scent longer. When I wear it sprayed near my face on my neck, I seem to smell it forever - maybe because it gets into my hair.

Hey again, y'all -

Well, I'm all done with the tennis portion of my day, so that's enough of the sheer, refreshing stuff. I'm ready for something rich, indulgent and luxurious ....Iris Ganache should do the trick.

gandhajala - oh no! Well, you'll certainly be missed - <sob> - but I'm sure Quarry will save a seat for you, too ...and it had better be by me! xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Joining Mrs. E in Chanel this morning, but mine is 31 rue Cambon. Wish I were joining her in tennis also, but instead, I am at work
    Cheer up cello - I'm absolutely sure that your work is of much greater consequence than my match turned out to be ...besides, the weekend's almost here!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 25th October 2012 at 09:03 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I love you too, E.

It snowed a little, all melted and now it is almost freezing and windy. Type of the weather one'd rather stayed at home and cuddled with their SO in front of TV showing Green Acres (Arnold being a favorite here, BTW, with his love of Civil War movies). No, I have to go and work my other job, will do so in Coriandre.

I'll miss you, G. Hope it all turns out o.k. and that we see you again soon. In the meantime, at least I have my Chanels to remind me of my absent friend.

Mmm, Twolf smells so good! Wish you could stay in and snuggle tonight, too.

In Private Collection this afternoon. Hugs to all!

Blog Entries

gandhajala-- Take care and hurry back!

Now I'm wearing my wedding day scent, Laura Ashley No. 1. I got into the mood for it after applying a scented body cream that has some similarities and which layers nicely.

Rance 1795 Laetitia Millesime
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Evening All,

Just wanted to say I'll likely be absent / posting irregularly for a little while on account of some personal matters ( I'm fine and nothing to do with BN).
    Stay fragrant,
    *waves scented hanky*
    I didn't catch this before. I hope everything works out well...and that you'll be back soon, G. We'll miss you!

Le Male Terrible

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Fahrenheit Absolute. Hours later, the dry down is so wonderful.

Take care, gandhajala. See you soon...

Parfumerie Generale L'Oiseau de Nuit today.

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere. Absolutely adoring this on me today. Woot!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Thought I'd finally put on some scent and have given in to the subliminal pressure of reaching for one of my Shalimar samples. Happy accident -- vintage EDC. It smells smokier than I remember.

Triplets we: iivanita, lilybelle & me.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Good evening everyone.

Today was City Rain by Neil Morris. At the moment I smell of the rosemary shampoo we use on the little kids here, to repel head lice. Somehow after having two grow up without ever getting 'em, I got two who can't stand within a square yard of a louse without having it jump on them. Or crawl or whatever it is they do. Horrifying. The shampoo does help. It's their signature scent, LOL.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Evening All,

Stay fragrant,
    *waves scented hanky*
    Thanks for explaining, G. You're such a gentleman.
    However -- no, no, no, no. We're already suffering Jon withdrawal.
    [pouts]
    Oh, okay. We understand. We'll be here when you have more idle hours. Go do great things while smelling fabulous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Thank you, Quarry! That's much better! She's so cute with her giant bow!

Been looking at new laptops, still on my Kindle. When I finally settle on something, first order of BN business is figuring out how to pretty up my posts! My eyes are tired of my boring black & white.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by Quarry; 26th October 2012 at 01:18 AM.

I'm scent twins with tdem today ... I'm also wearing Angel.

take care, G and visit when you can.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Am in MFK's APOM pour femme. It's a lovely orange blossom scent, a tad redolent of Seville L'Aube (or is it the other way round?), but I think Seville is a lot more well-rounded.

Lovely, all the same.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Lolling around in Lauder for Men today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Jon and G, we'll miss you. In the meantime, we'll send lots of happy thoughts your way and look forward to your return, guys.

It's official. I'm in love with Ambre 114.

Thought I'd finally put on some scent and have given in to the subliminal pressure of reaching for one of my Shalimar samples. Happy accident -- vintage EDC. It smells smokier than I remember.

It does smell noticeably distinctly smoky when you've not worn it in a long time. What is that, castoreum?

What clever, adorable smiley talk today.

im wearing scent of peace. lovely meek smelling frag.
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

Thank you, Rube! I'm not really sure how long it lasts. A good long while - several hours anyway. I haven't noticed any longevity problems, but I suppose it wears closer to the skin than a stronger formulation once it dries down. Weather might be a factor. Is it still hot and humid in Texas? That could be a reason. Has Mrs. Rube tried spraying/applying some at the nape of her neck, just into her hairline there? That would probably help hold the scent longer. When I wear it sprayed near my face on my neck, I seem to smell it forever - maybe because it gets into my hair.
    It is still pretty warm down here. It may just be burning off quicker for that reason. I think misting the hair is a good way to go. I'll suggest that to her.

You ladies are improving air quality in America! Great stuff! The vintage EdC is one of the most amazing bargains in perfumery. I don't know what it is that gives it that smoky aspect, but I love it! Naturals that are banned/restricted/too expensive these days, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Lolling around in Lauder for Men today
    Ooh! I tested this recently in a store. I need to get a bottle. Lauder is so damn good!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog Entries

Up late...trip to Walmart to stock up on water before the expected hurricane on Monday. Already the shelves were nearly bare. There are a lot of folks in town who have wells as we do-- and when the power goes out, we lose our well pump. So there's no water at all.