Code of Conduct

Default Extra spicy/warm scents for fall/winter?

Looking for fumes that are extra warm or extra warm and spicy. What is your go-to spicy or warm scent? Or ones you would rec that are really warm and spicy?

Thanks!
    Last edited by kalli; 23rd October 2012 at 09:10 PM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Musc ravageur

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Extra spicy/warm scents for fall/winter?

That is a good one..I may try Jasmin De Nuit. Been wanting to try that one a bit.
    Last edited by kalli; 23rd October 2012 at 06:13 PM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Mmmm... spicy scents are the best for winter. I like them anytime too, but I know exactly what you mean. What about Opium, Nu, Costes, Theorema, Arabie, Five O`Clock Au Gingembre... Old Spice is beloved by many, (women too!) but I can't get past associations with my brother, at a particularly dorky stage. LOL! And ambers are super yummy and feel "warm" on cold days-- I need to explore more, but love Ambre Narguile, Ambre Sultan, Ambre Precieux, Ambre Extreme. Perhaps more holiday themed, Secret Melange reminds me of an orange pomander studded with cloves, and at one point even Spellbound reminded me of Christmas, but in a room spray sort of way...

Well, they're not all super-spicy, but my favorite warm fragrances for cold weather include...

Coco, naturally, although the older one is best as the current formulation is much more floral than oriental, and, as cestrum nocturnum mentions, Costes is herbal-spicy and rich, and although saffron's not listed it reminds me a lot of Safran Troublant, which is my absolute favorite saffron perfume. Oro by Roberto Cavalli is really more woody to my nose than spicy, but it's got cinnamon and coriander and is very warm and cozy ...and I'd describe Rochas Absolu the same way, warm, woody and creamy on an ambery base, but sans cinnamon and coriander. Caron's Parfum Sacré is another classic, softly spicy oriental that's great in cool weather, and Samsara definitely belongs in this conversation, as does Yves Rocher's 8e Jour which is a balmy, cinnamony and ambery favorite ...but it's long-discontinued and can be hard to find. Rouge by Hermès is also very warm, rich and resiny without being particularly spicy, but I think it fits the bill. And of course there's always Opium, Cinnabar and Youth Dew, which are all quintessential spicy orientals. My favorite ambers are Ambra Tibet by Ava Luxe, Montale Blue Amber, Ambraliquida by L'Erbolario and CK's Obsession, as well as Krizia's Krazy which is very similar to Obsession but with an extra-spicy punch of ginger.

I almost forgot to mention Bois des Iles and Coromandel, which again, aren't particularly spicy but are very warm, rich and luxurious, and are extra-special, beautiful and comforting when it's cold out.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 23rd October 2012 at 08:58 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Tom Ford Amber Absolute
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

Basenotes Plus

Profumi del Forte Versilia Vintage - Ambra Mediterranea. Serge Luten Chergui. MFK Absolue pour le Soir or Cologne pour le Soir.

^^Good ones, iris 983, and adding to those suggestions, there's Noir de Noir, of course ...I really like this one year round, but it's just so superb in winter.

And one more! It's another Givenchy Very Irresistible flanker (I know, I know ...but it was a gift, and although it's not the most original it's really better than it sounds, hehe) and I think it was a limited edition, but it's called Poesie d'un Parfum d'Hiver. I'm only just becoming familiar with it but so far it's just like VI but with an added candied orange/gingerbread accord that's really quite charming. I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to track it down, but it's worth a sniff if you ever see it.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 23rd October 2012 at 08:56 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

What Mrs. E said...

I'll add Frapin 1270 Sushi Imperiale which is kind of like a sparkling gingerbread cookie
    Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe, which is a BIG ole boozy and spiced amber
    Parfume d'Empire Wazamba, which is a fermented fruit incense

ah, I love cooler weather!

I was reading up on Wazamba the other day..def sounds interesting! Though, so far, I haven't found a smoky or incense-y one I like..I don't think.

Mrs E covered it pretty well in her posts ,but I'll chime in with a few more . Tabu by Dana ,Bal A Versailles ,and a good one for the It's-Fall-and -I-want-spicey-but-the-weather-is-too-warm-for-total-spice-bombing=Urban Rituelle Siam Ginger .It's like Celestial Seasonings Orange Spice tea .
    Fragrance Omnivore

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

If you would like to try a unisex niche frag, Serge Lutens Chergui is warm and spicy. I don't know what you wanted to spend, but they are a bit pricey.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

So many of the great ones already here. I love ambers (Ambre Narguile!) this time of year, and Youth Dew, Opium, Shalimar (ok anytime really), Coco.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Thank you for starting this thread kalli!! I'm on a similar quest & taking notes on all the great suggestions. I recently got a sample pack of amber scents & found (+3) Ambre Narguile in particular, to be FB worthy. Just a gorgeous scent!

Great thread! Can't believe it's nearly the end of October.... we'll all be needing these scents!

Jeux de Peau is deliciously warm and comforting. Sometimes my nose focuses more on the sandal woods, sometimes more on the baked goods, but either way it's lovely and warming.

Vanilla is another delicious-and-warming scent - I use Body Shop Vanilla EDT, which has spicy white florals up top and creme-brulée vanilla (it's also dirt cheap!). I also find some tuberose scents warming - eg. Fracas and Miller Harris Noix de Tubereuse.

Another type of "warming" scents for me are some summery scents - I particularly like the now discontinued Ralph Lauren Ralph Rocks, which is a sweet tropical fruit cocktail that warms me up a treat.

Montale - Red Aoud: This stuff is spiiiiiii-ceee to me!

My favourite winter/fall spicy scent is the much-lauded
    Feminite du Bois. I still have half a bottle of the original
    juice by Sheldrake/Bourdon and treasure it like a rare antique.
    Cinnabar and Youth Dew Amber Nude are my other go-to perfumes
    for the colder months
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I'll put in my plug for Anne Pliska. Smooth amber and bitter orange. This one is a real compliment-getter.

I may have to check out Ambre Narguile..yet another amber I may like! Hermes also came out with L'ambre des Merveilles...want to try! I'd love Ambra Di Luna by Monegal in the stocking but Santa told me he's on a budget, 'it's the economy', he said, 'the north pole is broke'..even Santa has been effected I guess, lol. I will still leave cookies out, nonetheless.

I like anise, amber, cinnamon, myrrh, and vanilla during the colder months. One I would love this fall is An Evening Edged in Gold..but I just sold what I could to get Drole De Rose, EEIG may have to wait.

Cinnabar..I may have to re-sniff that one.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    I may have to check out Ambre Narguile..yet another amber I may like! Hermes also came out with L'ambre des Merveilles...want to try!
    Kalli, Hermes is very generous with their samples! I requested four of their scents & received them in less than a week. They come nicely packaged in large 4ml rods. Here's their contact form for the US. Just ask them for the specific scents you'd like to try!!

http://usa.hermes.com/customer-service/contact-us/usa

Oooh..I may have to check that out , muchas gracias!

Blog Entries

Loads of great suggestions here!

My go-tos include Samsara, Shalimar, Amber Absolute, Dior Addict & lmperial Opoponax by Les Nereides.
    On icy-cold days l enjoy the spiciness of Sheer Obsession; unfortunately discontinued & hard to find nowadays, but l prefer it to the original, which is a little too much for me.
    l'm considering another bottle of Ginger by Lush/ Gorilla Perfumes; wonderfully warming & "Christmassy".
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

wow, already o lot covered...here are mines...

L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    Idole De Lubin EDT
    Comme Des Garcons ED
    P (original)
    Comme Des Garcons White
    Opus IV
    Ormonde Woman
    Shalimar
    Ambre Precieux
    YSL Nu EDP
    Lalfeorosa
    Bal A Versailles EDC
    Kurkdjian's APLS
    Lonestar Memories
    Cozè
    Epic
    (both woman and man)

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I've been meaning to check out more by Lush.

I was thinking a bit more about spicy perfumes this morning, especially some with cinnamon, and I came up with several more for you ...not necessarily all my personal favorites, but you might find one or two that are worth looking into.

L de Lolita Lempicka - cinnamon and sugar with a bit of orange, reminds me of snickerdoodles
    Givenchy Organza Indecence - discontinued, but a cinnamony, woody marvel that's worth seeking out
    Dior Dolce Vita - soft, subtle cinnamon and cardamom over sandalwood and rosewood, similar to Feminité du Bois thanks to Pierre Bourdon
    Chopard Casmir - slightly fruity and sweet vanilla with cinnamon and smooth, warm resins
    Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant - I simply can't tolerate this one, but many other spice lovers adore it
    Neil Morris October - cinnamon, apple and other yummy stuff, smells just like you'd expect from the name
    Parfums de Nicolai Maharadja, Maharanih and Maharanih Intense - each a spicy oriental woody with stuff like cinnamon, coriander, carnation, etc...
    L'Artisan Tea for Two - soft and spicy tea
    Pacifica Mexican Cocoa - chocolate, cinnamon, nutmeg, almond and vanilla
    DSH Piment et Chocolat - spicy gourmand with chocolate, pepper and cinnamon
    Balmain Ambre Gris - pink pepper, cinnamon, myrrh, ambergris...
    Yves Rocher's Rose Absolute - lovely cinnamon rose, recently discontinued, I believe, but should still be pretty easy to find
    Lorenzo Villoresi Garafano - a spicy carnation with cinnamon and pepper
    Fragonard Grain de Soleil - smooth and spicy vanilla with cinnamon, iris, amber and sandalwood
    Last edited by Evangeline; 24th October 2012 at 08:47 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I just tried today L'Artisan's Al Ouhd and it's quite warm and spicey and quite lovely.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Thanks E! Lol, L by Lolita..that was one of the most disgusting fumes I've ever smelled, lol! The Pacifica one..I forgot..I want to try that one! Tea for Two did nothing for me..I gave my sample away.

Yves Rocher Ispahan, Moschino Couture, Donna Karan Chaos & Black Cashmere, Le Feu d'Issey, Bond 9 Chinatown, vtg Revlon Intimate, Laura Mercier Nuits Enchantees...wow, maybe the cold isn't so bad after all!

How about Maharadjah by Parfums de Nicolai? I find it to be very comforting.

I'm giving a +1 for PdE Ambre Russe.

And a HUGEHUGEHUGE +1 for Givenchy Organza Indecence. I LOVE that fragrance. The original was discontinued, but it was re-released (and to my nose, with very little change). You can buy full bottles at Macy's.

I would add Parfumerie Generale Cadjmere, Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque, and Serge Lutens Bois Oriental.

All of the ones I've mentioned make regular appearances in my fall/winter rotation.

--I forgot one: Huitieme Art Myrrhiad. It isn't spicy, exactly, but the black tea and licorice combination makes for a lovely warm, smoky leather.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 25th October 2012 at 07:07 PM.

It seems nobody has mentioned Diptyque Eau Lente, yet. For me it's the hottest winter fragrance: screaming spices (cinnamon, pepper, clove) on a sweet ambery opoponax base.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

My favorites for cold weather:
    Theorema
    Parfum Sacre
    Yatagan
    Shaal Nur
    Chaos
    Organza Indecence
    Mauboussin
    Histoire d' Eau
    Eau de Reglisse
    Obsession
    Dune
    Dolce Vita
    Adrienne Vittadini
    Paloma Picasso
    Sensuous

Loving this thread, really great recs here.

Adding Vero Profumo Onda extrait - this one feels like you're wearing a fur coat. Very warm and dense, perhaps not overly spicy, though ginger is a listed note.

What I find really spicy *and* warm:

Opium
    SL Rousse (cinnamon death)
    Diptyque Eau Lente (lots of cinnamon)

I don't go into warm and slightly spicy, lots of great recommendations on those above already.