Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Zara gold vs creed aventus

hi,
    well i like fragrance that are very stong and sweet and very good. today i get aventus , and i test" ZARA gold".
    WOW this pineapple is amazing and good. i ask so many people. on the left arm aventus and on the right arm zara gold. everybody told me that the zara smells miles better. There is not the smoky drydown .. woman love Zara .......what should i say...........

should I sell my aventus?( its brand new. )
    165 EUR vs 20 EUR

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Zara gold vs creed aventus

Depends how much cash you will lose by selling it.

Yup, sell your Aventus to me.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

nothing i can give it back and earn earn the zara.????

Quote Originally Posted by billi881 View Post
    hi,
    well i like fragrance that are very stong and sweet and very good. today i get aventus , and i test" ZARA gold".
    WOW this pineapple is amazing and good. i ask so many people. on the left arm aventus and on the right arm zara gold. everybody told me that the zara smells miles better. There is not the smoky drydown .. woman love Zara .......what should i say...........

165 EUR vs 20 EUR
    Did you have to bump every Zara Gold thread for this?

But no, they are not the same, I much prefer Aventus, and I have had Zara Gold in the past.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

You could swap Av. for something else.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

I'd keep the Aventus and sell the other one.

Smell both. Decide which YOU prefer.

Or, let other people's opinions dictate what you think you're supposed to like and then feel disappointed every time someone prefers something else.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Post Thanks / Like

You should try Yardley Citrus and Wood for an Aventus alternative. Still haven't found anything that would make me want to replace my bottle of Aventus.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Did you have to bump every Zara Gold thread for this?
    LOL! I noticed all the posts. Guess he felt it was necessary just in case everyone missed the other two or three.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    LOL! I noticed all the posts. Guess he felt it was necessary just in case everyone missed the other two or three.
    Yeah, Neil called it. For something that's "supposedly" a "better version" of Aventus, it sure is hard to find. Can't buy it on the online store, the retail stores are few and far between, and if you want to buy it on Ebay it's $80 a bottle. I don't know about you PalmBeach, but I'm not driving up to Orlando to smell this at the only Zara Store I've heard about in Florida.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Post Thanks / Like

OH NOEZ! The secret is out!

Time to close Basenotes....
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Zara Gold is sort of like Aventus for 10 seconds, after that it is sickly sweet and no where near Aventus. Zara Gold is a copy of Black XS.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Post Thanks / Like

I have both, it's not even close very synthetic Zara with the super dry wood from Black XS norlimbanol nothing like Aventus.

Vague similarity that they both have pineapple in them maybe but noway is it even close to being better or the same.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Yeah, Neil called it. For something that's "supposedly" a "better version" of Aventus, it sure is hard to find. Can't buy it on the online store, the retail stores are few and far between, and if you want to buy it on Ebay it's $80 a bottle. I don't know about you PalmBeach, but I'm not driving up to Orlando to smell this at the only Zara Store I've heard about in Florida.
    I'm pretty sure they also have a couple of stores in Miami. But not going to drive down there just to try it. I'm happy enough with Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Smell both. Decide which YOU prefer.

Or, let other people's opinions dictate what you think you're supposed to like and then feel disappointed every time someone prefers something else.
    Yup, well said.

If you wear Aventus often it may make a difference. My twice a year wearings of Zara's Gold are sufficient, by contrast. If Aventus was really rich and complex relative to Gold I'd likely prefer Aventus and obtain a decant.

For a 20euro scent, I can't be happier with Zara. For more than 160eu, Aventus is below my expectation.

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billi881 View Post
    hi,

165 EUR vs 20 EUR
    I have never tried the Zara but if it has the pineapple open but is missing the smoky dry-down of Aventus that I can't stand, there may be something to the stuff... I guess which one you choose depends on how *you* feel about that Aventus dry-down you say the Zara is lacking.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I have both Zara and Aventus and I must say I am very disappointed on the Aventus! Not one compliment from anyone on the Aventus and I have sported it on many occasions in which I thought for sure I would get a compliment. The thing is I have had a hand full of compliments on Zara Gold which made me scratch my head!! $10.00 Zara vs. $70 Aventus decant!!! I am glad I did not pay $250.00 for a full bottle of Aventus. I do like both but the one working for me is the Zara................what gives
    Last edited by Whitealltrac; 24th October 2012 at 01:10 PM.

Since Im not big on buying online (gbye decants and samples) and full bottle Aventus is just way out of budget (hello, its almost a month's mortgage payment on my new place ... And that money can buy me the frosted top dining table I want) then hello Zara Gold, welcome to my Xmas stash Time to go round the Zara stores (since not all stores here carry full line frags, some don't bother to restock either). Aventus may be the HG but I think I can wait.
    Last edited by funhuntr; 26th October 2012 at 01:46 PM.

People should be more clear if they have Zara gold or Zara gold man. They smell very differently..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Zara Gold is a copy of Black XS.
    that´s my answer.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Post Thanks / Like

One reason more for me to buy Zara Gold asap.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes i Mean the original Gold Not the man Gold

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

so , tested the zara gold a long time, the sillage is even very low ,same for low longevity.
    other opininions?

I've had people who know nothing of frags tell me that my Zara Gold bottle has a unique smoky quality, though I have a feeling reformulations may have removed that quality.

Its official this is on my want to try list

as others have said:
    - zara gold men (30ml black bottle) smells pineapple sweet
    - zara gold (100ml, golden circular bottle) smells smoky and generally is very close to Aventus, just as Bigsly has said. To me, this is not a good thing, as zara gold men seems to be the superior fragrance.

Overall, great marketing work of having 2 comparable fragrances being sold under the same name.
    Looked for Varvatos Artisan for several months to then find it to be one of the most simple citrus drugstore fragrances ever made

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of Zara Gold. However, I hear about the other one every bloody day on this website.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    Never heard of Zara Gold. However, I hear about the other one every bloody day on this website.
    You have to be near a Zara store, where they sell very cheaply made stylish clothes. Sort of a more expensive Forever 21.
    While you are there check out all of the copies of other popular designer scents. Most people will not be happy with Zara Gold instead of Aventus.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    as others have said:
    - zara gold (100ml, golden circular bottle) smells smoky and generally is very close to Aventus, just as Bigsly has said. To me, this is not a good thing, as zara gold men seems to be the superior fragrance.
    I had this as a 50mL, gold circular bottle (sister bottle being the Platinum version), while the top is comparable to Aventus, I don't get much smoke from it. Its a decent fragrance, but probably won't satisfy someone looking for aventus
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's funny because most women that I know love the smell of Aventus. Now, are we talking about women, or are we referring to girls, when you say that most preferred Zara?

i've smelled it today, because i was so curious. came home without it. what does it have to do w/ aventus? even the pineapple is different, smells like a sweet pineapple drink, aventus has the fresh pineapple scent backed with apples. the openning isnt even remotely close, ive tried both golds and the difference is that one of them is sweet and the other one is less sweet. where is the comparison? really! and what smokinness? zara didnt copy aventus nor did they put their own spin on it. the type of perfume, class and style are in no way the same, and Nuff with pineapples! lol

the perfume isnt bad, just isnt comparable to aventus

Post Thanks / Like

Smelled it today. The Zara is very similar for about 5 minutes - but just the top (pineapple) notes. Then it's all over. Aventus is massively more complex and has dozens of well blended smells in the composition.