Code of Conduct

Default LIDGE - What am I missing here?

I just don't get the hype about this Fragrance. It's quite pleasant, but that's all I get. Maybe it's a 'grower' but at the moment I just don't find it in any way special.

Maybe I need to give it more time

Default Re: LIDGE - What am I missing here?

You're missing nothing - it is what it is, like it or don't like it

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    Good idea.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    You're missing nothing - it is what it is, like it or don't like it
    Well put.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

It's all subjective. You are not missing anything. If you don't like it, if it does not perk you up, then move one to the next one.

Basenotes Plus

IMO, I think the opening is a little harsh. Spray a pillow case or sheet and then smell it after 30 minutes. If you still don't like it, you'll either have to let it grow on you (as mentioned before) or sell it.

I think it's worth giving a couple full wearings to see if it grows on you....but space out the wearings a bit. Sometimes I warm up to the scent and something "clicks" after a couple of times and sometimes it just reinforces that it's nothing special or I don't like it, and then I know for sure it's not something I'd spend my money on - regardless of whether or not it's a "classic" or "hyped."

Ive never smelled the extreme version, but the regular version is wonderful.

In my humble opinion, this one has a lot of anosmia associated with it. Therefore, don't spray on your neck or near your face. It reveals its charms from a distance. Spraying on a pillowcase or handkerchief might work, or find a sympathetic friend who is willing to be sprayed. A fairly wet application is okay, just not to close to the nose. Then, approach your friend from a distance and see what is revealed. You will find the 'instant' of recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by tsuzumi View Post
    In my humble opinion, this one has a lot of anosmia associated with it. Therefore, don't spray on your neck or near your face. It reveals its charms from a distance. Spraying on a pillowcase or handkerchief might work, or find a sympathetic friend who is willing to be sprayed. A fairly wet application is okay, just not to close to the nose. Then, approach your friend from a distance and see what is revealed. You will find the 'instant' of recognition.
    I couldn't have said it any better myself.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by tsuzumi View Post
    I'll give that a try - Thanks

Like many, I think it's some pretty wonderful stuff, so I guess that's the situation with it.

But like anything else, it's all a matter of what a person likes and doesn't like.

you cant really say its just okay, there is more going on it this fragrance then just chocolate. at least for me. i cant exactly tell you what it is but it smell like a good mix of flowers and chocolate, very delicate, and intoxicating, and thats just the top notes.
    Last edited by Stayclose; 25th October 2012 at 04:46 AM.
    Any opinions I post here about frags only reflect MY PERSONAL TASTE and only my personal preference which could change at any moment.

i still need to check this one out. i hear great things

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    That's the way L'Instant was for me. First time I smelled it, not impressed. Second time, OK. Third time - O.M.G. Then when I got the Extreme, I already loved it, and the Extreme was fine.

Some people prefer the regular version, too. You might be one of them. It's drier and more airy and fresh.

Also consider Guerlain Homme EDP Intense. I find it more interesting than LIDGE, personally. It's like a green version of it.

I agree, I was expecting to be blown away. It was pleasing, but I prefer Givenchy Play Intense and Rochas Man at the moment. I too may need to give it some more time.

I compare LIDGE to a really good book series. Most book series start out slow, but the more you read it, the more you come to appreciate the complexity of the characters and the way the story flows. LIDGE is complex and masterfully blended.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (Lemon)

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

So I'm wearing LIDGE today. There are days like today that I don't know if I'm made for this hobby. First of all, it is a very well made scent. And the cocoa part of it...which I got right off the bat..I enjoy immensely. But there is a floral component that I just can't get on board with. Ever since I started this hobby 4 years back anything with a floral component(read perfumey) comes across really strong on me...feminine strong. So right now I think this is a beautiful scent but not on me. It also leaves me a little congested. I get this with many more natural smelling scents. Keep trying I guess.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

It's simply one of the best gourmands around. It's not loud or shouty but rather, it's a gentle cacao + patchouli combo that resembles freshly baked cookies or something along those lines. Not only that, the sillage and longevity are simply spectacular. A real joy to wear in very cold temperatures. It's special stuff.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    But like anything else, it's all a matter of what a person likes and doesn't like.
    Can't argue with this ^^^^^^.