Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default My Jardin d'Amalfi is almost gone

I have enough JdA from my decant for one more useage, and I don't really know what to do when it's gone.

I love the stuff, but I can't really see myself buying anymore until spring. My humble collection won't be quite the same without it, though it probably won't get much use until then anyway. When the time comes, I have to decide if I want 250 mL (in that annoying splash bottle) or participate in another split.

In the meantime, should I just find something new to add to my collection? If so, what?

I have Aventus, MI, GIT, Vetiver Geranium, and Spice and Wood. Hrmm....

Default Re: My Jardin d'Amalfi is almost gone

Parting with that last drop will be such sweet sorrow.

If you enjoy it that much get in on another split.

It's just a fragrance. Use it up while doing some activity that fits it and enjoy it. Then go back to your regulars and in the meantime sample some others. Your "Tried" list in your wardrobe is so small (unless you didn't update it). I would try another 50 to 100 samples before the spring and see what you think before splurging on a bottle of Amalfi.

I sprayed Jardin d'Amalfi on a card and its been freshening up my room. This is so dreamy!

Basenotes Plus

Maybe sample Lumiere Noire Pour Homme and APOM by MFK if you haven't.

Either wear them on their own or layer them. I get a kick out of them when layer them side by side.

"My Jardin d'Amalfi is almost gone"

One of the worst fragrance-related things that can be spoken.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. Brückner - Aoud 1

This is available in a 30ml travel size that may be more cost effective for you.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicFan View Post
    It's just a fragrance. Use it up while doing some activity that fits it and enjoy it. Then go back to your regulars and in the meantime sample some others. Your "Tried" list in your wardrobe is so small (unless you didn't update it). I would try another 50 to 100 samples before the spring and see what you think before splurging on a bottle of Amalfi.
    I am way behind on my "tried" list. I should update it.

Basenotes Plus

Ok, my own/tried/have samples has been updated. That was a bit of work.

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    I have enough JdA from my decant for one more useage, and I don't really know what to do when it's gone.

I love the stuff, but I can't really see myself buying anymore until spring.
    Well you'll have the months until that time to ponder and decide what's in your best interest.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Am I the only one who panics and buys a new bottle of a fragrance, when the current one gets to 50-60% level? To me, 50% is like practically all gone - must get replacement pronto!!
    There's a certain satisfaction when it's finished because when I buy it again I know I'm buying something that passed the test of multiple wearings and possible boredom. It's a keeper if it lasts that long and I wish for more.

Basenotes Plus

I have one last 50ml spot left on the current Jardin d'Amalfi split - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380646 ;-) (still way cheaper than a 30ml Creed travel size bottle)
    Why oh why must you tempt me?

Am I the only one who panics and buys a new bottle of a fragrance, when the current one gets to 50-60% level? To me, 50% is like practically all gone - must get replacement pronto!!
    I think that's a sign you're a fraghead. I do the same but then I look at my budget and my other bottles then I'm briefly relieved. Until the next time I reach for that same bottle lol

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    I think that's a sign you're a fraghead. I do the same but then I look at my budget and my other bottles then I'm briefly relieved. Until the next time I reach for that same bottle lol
    Man, I've only got one bottle under 40% full! I had a back up of it, but sold it, I wondered how long it would take me to actually need to open it. Probably years. When you own 30 bottles, it is really hard to run out of anything.

Basenotes Plus

Man, in some cases I have backups for my backups. I start panicking as I am removing he plastic wrap.
    If you are one of those people who insist on paying full retail......Please check out my for sale thread.

Basenotes Plus

Why oh why must you tempt me?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmoran View Post
    Man, in some cases I have backups for my backups. I start panicking as I am removing he plastic wrap.
    I know that feeling. I have multiple backups for GpH I, M7, Tuscan Leather, TdH, Red Vetyver, Jubilation XXV, Private Label, Tumulte pour Homme, Dior Vetiver... Well, if anything... if one day I decide I no longer like them, or can't wear them all in my lifetime, there's a small fortune I could convert back into cash. ;-)

I fight the urge, but I definitely know the feeling. I've only been into fragrances for a few years, but when my Tam Dao got to around 50% I had the urge to go buy more. It's now at about 25%, but I'm still resisting. Then I have to work out whether to get the EDT again or get the EDP. I kind of hope I don't end up with both, but it's definitely a possibility

Exactly.........................

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    If you enjoy it that much get in on another split.
    My Top 5, In no particular order
    1). Creed Aventus - S042C13ZZ01
    2). Creed Aventus - C42C14F01
    3). Creed Aventus - FP42C14A02
    4). Creed Aventus - A42B11Y02
    5). Creed Aventus - A42C13Z01

You're not alone. For fragrances that I like enough to buy a backup bottle, I buy the backup pretty much from the start of using the first bottle.

My Top 5, In no particular order
    1). Creed Aventus - S042C13ZZ01
    2). Creed Aventus - C42C14F01
    3). Creed Aventus - FP42C14A02
    4). Creed Aventus - A42B11Y02
    5). Creed Aventus - A42C13Z01

If the Creed Boutique sale's rumours are true (15% off??), buy it then and you'll get Creed summer pricing

I finally wore this today.

This is feminine but I like it. It smells soft and cute. It has that "you smell good" without trying to smell good vibe. As far as projection/longevity, if you wear this while indoors you'll be fine.

This is perfect for an atomizer (1.7 oz). But for a feminine scent like this, I don't know if a full 8.4 oz bottle makes sense.

Basenotes Plus

Funny you bumped this... I'm wanting in on a split I think!

Unfortunately, remik's JdA split seems to be filling rather slowly, but that's understandable.

Basenotes Plus

Unfortunately, remik's JdA split seems to be filling rather slowly, but that's understandable.
    Well, then why don't you join the split and help it get closed faster?! It's not going to close itself, and if everyone waits until just one spot is remaining, it's kind of pointless... With everyone delaying, splits only take longer to close, not shorter, because everyone waits on "everyone else" to join first. See something you want - claim it - this way these splits will close in no time at all! :-) Just today alone I closed two splits where people were waiting for the final spot to be available, and both of them missed out on it because within minutes others sent requests in. And with me, it's first come - first served... Now those who wanted the last spot are out of luck, if they want the fragrance quickly. They can of course sign up for the new splits I opened, but now the wait time starts all over again...

I'm mad about that Creed Boutique "deal." I thought they were filling up atomizers for free. Sorry about the wrong info, by the way.

I think I want this now.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    I'm mad about that Creed Boutique "deal." I thought they were filling up atomizers for free. Sorry about the wrong info, by the way.

I think I want this now.
    No worries, I had read about the "deal" a little earlier and had already been disappointed by it.

Gosh we're only six-weeks within the new year, and so far I purchased:
    Jardin d'Amalfi 250ml flacon @ $420
    Feuilles Vertes 250ml flacon @ $370
    Spice & Wood 250ml flacon @ $435
    Pure White Cologne 250ml flacon @ $425
    Noir de Noir 100ml @ $195

Next on the list is Cuir d'Ange a 100ml... Just waiting on a phone call.

If you must have it and love it that much, then get the flacon. Otherwise the is a whole world of fragrances out there to discover.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    If you must have it and love it that much, then get the flacon. Otherwise the is a whole world of fragrances out there to discover.
    After this split, I probably will. The only thing is I'll probably need to hunt down a tester. I don't want a 250 mL splash, which requires decanting into an atomizer periodically, thought that wouldn't be so bad I suppose.

Basenotes Plus

JDA is Creed's best offering, a flacon is definitely on my books while the Euro is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    After this split, I probably will. The only thing is I'll probably need to hunt down a tester. I don't want a 250 mL splash, which requires decanting into an atomizer periodically, thought that wouldn't be so bad I suppose.
    Life is lived once, buried many great friends that had lots of $$$ and never saw an armor truck follow a hurst. Buy Jardin d'Amalfi and don't look back. That's the main reason why I don't buy splits... Just get it, and be proud that you have it. Sure you'll always hear "the world of fragrances is really big"... But on the other hand, do what makes you happy! If Flacons of Creed keeps you sane then by all means get it. I did, and didn't regret it for a single moment either. Therefore you won't have to ever ponder the useless mind games of saying "Maybe I should, Someday I will, perhaps if I find someone splitting"... Nevermind all that, get the big one and enjoy it.
    Last edited by FreshSmell; 11th February 2015 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mixerscent View Post
    JDA is Creed's best offering, a flacon is definitely on my books while the Euro is weak.
    Amazing offering, -Jardin d'Amalfi- and my nose has smelled many other niche houses. One would be hard pressed scouring through brands such as Roja Parfum, Tom Ford Private, Clive Chirstian, Le Labo, Montale, Guerlain, Malle, Helley, Lutens, or Byredo and still won't find anything as well put together.

But as all the other slanders [whoops] I meant members say, .... "There's many other houses" lmao haha

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    I finally wore this today.

This is feminine but I like it. It smells soft and cute. It has that "you smell good" without trying to smell good vibe. As far as projection/longevity, if you wear this while indoors you'll be fine.

This is perfect for an atomizer (1.7 oz). But for a feminine scent like this, I don't know if a full 8.4 oz bottle makes sense.
    Feminine? WTF??

No B,... If you feel it's feminine perhaps try layering with a couple sprays of Royal Oud, or if you fly enough pair it with Santal Imperial... That's a freebie... Next blend U owe me.

I've had good and bad experiences with the pour Flacons. The most annoying thing is having to buy a creed atomizer because I'm anal that way. However, I've receiced some noticeably weaker or "not in tact" batch yields, or perhaps due to the bottle not being always air tight. So, I have had to exchange a couple in my time. Otherwise, it's not a problem if you love the fragrance. Just pony up for a decent atomizer and make sure the juice is still high quality. You'll be fine
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by FreshSmell View Post
    Feminine? WTF??
    Although absolutely wearable by a man, I too think it definitely leans to the feminine side. Besides that, I don't really get the worship it receives. It doesn't impress me at all, I think it's a nice scent but nothing more...

Basenotes Plus

Yep, it is a little feminine leaning, but I love love love it and do get the worship it receives. It's wonderful stuff.

Yep, it is a little feminine leaning, but I love love love it and do get the worship it receives. It's wonderful stuff.
    I've recently discovered this one. I tried it when I first got into niche but found it feminine and a bit boring. Now that my nose has developed I can pick out significantly more detail, and no longer find it feminine. It's a masterpiece in my opinion. If I had fewer bottles I'd buy the flacon, but instead I think I will soon jump into one of Remik's splits on both this one and Pure White Cologne.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    I've recently discovered this one. I tried it when I first got into niche but found it feminine and a bit boring. Now that my nose has developed I can pick out significantly more detail, and no longer find it feminine. It's a masterpiece in my opinion. If I had fewer bottles I'd buy the flacon, but instead I think I will soon jump into one of Remik's splits on both this one and Pure White Cologne.
    That's one of the reason I'm hesitant to buy a full flacon: I have quite enough juice (for me anyway) as it is!

That's one of the reason I'm hesitant to buy a full flacon: I have quite enough juice (for me anyway) as it is!
    Precisely! I don't like splits generally (since I love the bottles), but Remik's splits are one of the few that I'd trust without hesitation. And since Jardin d'Amalfi doesn't come in a spray bottle, splitting is extra justified in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daze View Post
    Although absolutely wearable by a man, I too think it definitely leans to the feminine side. Besides that, I don't really get the worship it receives. It doesn't impress me at all, I think it's a nice scent but nothing more...
    Feminine, leaning feminine... Define that?! SMH...
    Are you scared that other people will think you're going homosexual? Are you not confident about the scent, but enjoy sniffing it low-key when no one's looking? I think you fellas will be fine sporting this scent so long as you're not wearing a g-string, panties, or a thong. If you have a solid set of nuts and their in check, you'll be alright.

I think people here enjoy wearing Aventus because they enjoy the boldness of it. I also feel people should be bold enough to enjoy creativity. Jardin d'Amalfi is a work of art.

It's not too much of distant difference between Jardin d'Almalfi & Pure White Cologne:

Top note: Tangerine, bergamot, pink berries, neroli
    Middle note: Virginia cedar, French apple, Bulgarian rose
    Base note: Vetiver from Haiti, white musk, cinnamon

Top note: A clean burst of lemon, Sicilian bergamot and Italian grapefruit.
    Middle note: A penetrating rush of galbanum, sweet pear and finest neroli.
    Base note: A gallant base of ambergris, white musk and rice powder.
    Last edited by FreshSmell; 12th February 2015 at 02:37 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Are you scared that other people will think you're going homosexual? Are you not confident about the scent, but enjoy sniffing it low-key when no one's looking? I think you fellas will be fine sporting this scent so long as you're not wearing a g-string, panties, or a thong. If you have a solid set nuts and their in check, you'll be alright.

I think people here enjoy wearing Aventus because they enjoy the boldness of it. I also feel people should be bold enough to enjoy creativity. Jardin d'Amalfi is a work of art.

It's not too much of distant difference between Jardin d'Almalfi & Pure White Cologne:

Well, the prominent rose and neroli and the bit of sweetness make this come off as a little feminine is all (especially because of the rose). It's even listed on Creed's website as feminine. We ain't makin' it up, man.

Don't get me wrong, I adore this scent. It's beautiful, and I wear it without reservation!

Are you scared that other people will think you're going homosexual? Are you not confident about the scent, but enjoy sniffing it low-key when no one's looking? I think you fellas will be fine sporting this scent so long as you're not wearing a g-string, panties, or a thong. If you have a solid set of nuts and their in check, you'll be alright.
    What's wrong with wearing a g-string, panties, or a thong? Too 'feminine'?! Are you scared that other people will think you're going homosexual? Are you not confident about it, but enjoy wearing it low-key when no one's looking?

*Walks off in short skirt and high heels*

Basenotes Plus

Are you scared that other people will think you're going homosexual?
    I don't quite understand the above line... Are you suggesting homosexuals are into feminine fragrances, or wear fragrances marketed to women? I find that logic flawed... and a bit absurd. Homosexuals/gay men like manly things and want to attract members of their own sex, so logically they'd gravitate to more masculine themed fragrances that other men would also like. It's straight guys who wear fragrances appealing strongly to women to light that spark (think Dior Homme and the like...). I'm looking at my 300+ bottle collection and it's decidedly heavy on masculine frags... like 95%+.

Or were you perhaps confusing "homosexuals" with cross-dressers, drag queens, or female impersonators like Dame Edna?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Central Florida. 44 years old, de-clawed teddy bear who is as comfortable in a tie-dye as an oxford

I don't quite understand the above line... Are you suggesting homosexuals are into feminine fragrances, or wear fragrances marketed to women? I find that logic flawed... and a bit absurd. Homosexuals/gay men like manly things and want to attract members of their own sex, so logically they'd gravitate to more masculine themed fragrances that other men would also like. It's straight guys who wear fragrances appealing strongly to women to light that spark (think Dior Homme and the like...). I'm looking at my 300+ bottle collection and it's decidedly heavy on masculine frags... like 95%+.

Or were you perhaps confusing "homosexuals" with cross-dressers, drag queens, or female impersonators like Dame Edna?

Homosexuals come in all shapes and sizes and have many different fragrance preferences. I wear old school manly musks and stuff like z-14 but recently I've been getting into vintage Shalimar edc. I've known gay men who weren't drag queens that wore women's perfume.

It really depends on the person is all I'm getting at. Its tedious to lump all gay men or all straight men into confining little boxes like that. Its like saying 'all BN'er do this and like that" when you know getting many of us to agree on anything is futile.
    It is true that fish stink. It is also true that the river is
    beautiful. But the river would be beautiful despite the fish. What
    is noxious remains so.

That is not to say that sh*t is not useful when buried in the wheat
    field. Bread made from the field tastes sweet, wine from the arbor
    sweetest. All things serve a purpose, but that is no reason to
    glorify what is abominable. A man must still watch where he walks
    and keep his sandals clean.
    c.21 of the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Trans: Normandi Ellis

I got that work!

When I hear "feminine scent", I think the person is interpreting it to be something that you'd find at the womans counter.

For instance SMW. I was wearing my sample the other evening after showering, just trying to see if I've come around to it at all. The combination of tea and the ambergris gave me a feminine vibe. When I asked my GF to smell, she said she thought it was something she would wear, not me. This is, of course, entirely subjective and relative to each individual.

I have close relatives that are homosexual, as is my best friend, and they all wear very masculine scents. In fact, my buddy ribs me every time I wear Dior Homme or DHI around him, he says I smell like a woman.

Also, how does one "go homosexual"? Hopefully poor wording?
    My Sale Thread! - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...Valention-Uomo
    My Swap Thread! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...16#post3374516
    NEW! Creed Pure White Cologne(14G01) split Thread - 125ML(w/bottle) remaining! ($70/25ml -$315-325/125ML w/bottle) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction

You might as well buy it again now. You know you are going to use it.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks to the wonderful splitter extraordinaire, remik, I have more of [smeagol]my precious[/smeagol] juice.

All is right in the world now. I'm pretty sure my next purchase will be of a gigantic, flashy flacon of this juice. I've been MONTHS without it.

BTW, the drydown of this, after the initial brightness has faded (after maybe 1.5-2 hours), smells downright sexual to me, if you know what I mean. With that in mind, see if you agree. Maybe that's why it's so popular with men, lol.