Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Most embarrassing story

I saw a thread recently about someone wearing a men's fragrance that smelled very feminine and his co-worker was asking what girl was wearing the nice perfume, so I thought this would be a funny topic to discuss your most embarrassing story involving fragrances if you have one. I'll start:

I've been pretty lucky with my fragrance choices in getting compliments and garnering more positive attention but yesterday was probably my most embarrassing story. I was trying New Haarlem to work for the first time because I enjoy the scent and I thought others would too. I didn't get a reaction during the first half of work but after lunch a funny occurrence happened.

We were on an audit at a different company and so it was just myself and my boss along with all the accounting personnel helping us perform. I must have started projecting a lot stronger after lunch because my boss said, "Wow, you guys brew some great smelling coffee." She proceeded to walk around smelling each person's coffee (yeah, she's kind of weird but a great boss none-the-less) and kept saying, "Well, that's not it." Finally, after the third cup she smelled, I had to admit it was my fragrance.

So what are your most embarrassing stories?

Default Re: Most embarrassing story

Haha she's hilarious

But aren't auditors supposed to smell of blood and gore? Haha kidding

for swap/sale:

When I first got my bottle of Green Irish Tweed, I accidentally overapplied before going into work as I didn't realize how strong it would be. That day I was training a new employee and for the first 2 hours I could tell by her body language/facial expressions and reaction that it was coming off really strong. She didn't say anything, I'm sure because she was a brand new employee and I was training her, but considering how much I could smell it projecting off of me, I knew she could as well.

Not quite as bad was when I first got Rive Gauche I also accidentally overapplied not realizing its strength. Luckily I was at home, but my wife came into the room shortly after and couldn't stop complaining about how strong my cologne smelled and that it smelled like "old man" cologne. Haha...that's ok, I still love RG...now I just apply lighter.

when i first bought one million i was very cautions with a sprayer so in morning i applied it and went over my friends house so his dad can drive us. while we are in the car he goes like WTF IS THAT NASTY ASS SMELL omg so i go like oh thats my cologne LOL when we he dropped us off my friends goes like i farted when i was in car -.-

I wore a sample of Omnia Profumo Madera to work once, and my coworker said, "You smell nice. Is that some Bath and Body Works stuff? My wife wears those things all the time".

My most embarrassing stories include my respective SOTDs being compared, in no particular order, to: sweat, unshaved, unkempt rude geezers, fresh out of the sea smell including sea salt, grandma's dressing table etc.

Dependent

lol!!!!!!!!!!!! good story
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

"Omg. Did somebody step on dog poo on the way here...?"

Too bad I couldn't stick around to find out who the culprit was or what fragrance he had on that morning.

Once used some petitgrain EO for cold sore (it helped!). But at work the girl sitting across mumbled something about "smelling formalin"...And I consider petitgrain to be one of the best smelling EOs!

I once went to work (mind you, I work at a hospital) after over applying love & luck and one of my patient said I smelled nasty...

never again with the trigger.

Hi, I'm new here. I am a het guy, suddenly at age 55 aquired a love of fragrances both male and female oriented. I bought a bunch of fragrances blind. One Friday evening I doused my self with a female type fragrance, 212 Sexy and was awakened early Saturday morning by the owner of the rental next door. She wanted to borrow my mower. I ended up going out in the hot July morning, getting the (very finicky) mower started. As I was pulling the starter, I was suddenly aware that I absolutely reeked of a very girly perfume! She never said anything but there was no way she could have not noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    "Omg. Did somebody step on dog poo on the way here...?"

Too bad I couldn't stick around to find out who the culprit was or what fragrance he had on that morning.
    And what were you wearing?