Lipstick Rose...

Have a good weekend!

tumblr_m6ar2w0AHs1ruv58jo1_500.jpg
    Do happy

Default Re: SOTD happy Friday 26th October 2012

Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

There's a huge chemistry conference at my university today, all doctors and proffesors are involved so I'm having a free Friday today. Wearing Equistrius by Parfum d'Empire

Having just taken my car into "Chips Away" for a minor repair (I had
    a close encounter with a fence post on our drive!)
    I can now tackle the housework wearing Clarins Eau Ressourcante.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Good morning to all the folks improving the air quality throughout the world (to quote Rube from yesterday). The theme of the sync today is "My Journey: where and why and wearing what" or something like this. I will wear the fragrance that sat so well with me on our May trip to Morocco -- Perles de Lalique. It has all the qualities of the modern floral with the nod to classical chypres and deviations into the woody-spicy category. It is all-weather and most-moods scent.

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Toni Gard edp, lovely, powdery sweet and snuggly, with almond and heliotrope and a bit of freshness that keeps the sweetness in check.

{{{{{Jon R}}}}}

A good Friday to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all. L'Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tuberose, which is all spice and woods on me.
    DONNA

Bonjour Mesdames parfumées!....
    La Vaniglia EDP

Good morning! I will try to be in synch, but I'm going to do some sampling today.

I love that pink and gold Bois 1920 bottle, Easyfish. In fact, I love all those bottles.

I hope everyone has a great Friday. Love to you all.

Good morning everyone!

I'm in sync in Mauboussin Pour Elle, which I bought in January of this year while in Melbourne for the Australian Open, an excellent tournament and an amazing trip. I didn't actually wear this then because it was hot and this is a semi-sweet and luscious gourmand, but I was drawn to the bottle so didn't do a lot of testing before purchasing it. But now I'm so happy to have it as it's been just wonderful in the cooler weather. It has a tangy rhubarb note that I'm just completely smitten with, and caramel that adds buttery richness ...like pastry rather than candy. And it's floral, too - jasmine, orange blossom, rose and gardenia, all over a smooth base of amber and sandalwood. I really wasn't aware of any of this when I bought it, but something I did know was that it was created by Olivier Cresp and Nathalie Lorson, so I expected it to be quite good, and it is.

Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Re: SOTD happy Friday 26th October 2012

Wisk all of you a Fantastic and Happy Weekend

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

iivanita, I'm so happy you're posting photos -- especially if they include purses and perfumes! I'd love to design purses. They're such an interesting art form, yet almost none of them has practical internals for finding what you're looking for.

The Journey: New Orleans, Louisiana. A cadre of cologned comrades.
    The Scent: Hové Rue Royale.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

French Line by Revillon

I'm finally trying Coco Noir - from a sample a Basenoter sent me. As everyone else has said: this is so not Noir. I wouldn't choose it over No. 19 Poudré, but it's pleasant - rather unisex, imo. I like the new Chanels better than I do the classic ones (with the exception of No. 22, my favorite Chanel) because they are so all around wearable in an everyday sense. They all wear well in hot weather, too, as I discovered in Florida. This one is not me. If anyone hasn't tried it and would like to I will forward it on - there is a lot left in the spray atomizer sample.

Déclaration

Testing driving some samples this morning: Ambra Aurea (Profumum), Tokyo Bloom (the Different Company - really get the dandelion vibe), and Sienne d'Orange (the Different Company). All likes but no loves...
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

I'm house twins today with Furriner, redolent in the lovely smoky, spicy honey of SL Fumerie Turque. I love how warm this one is.

What I DON'T love is the discontinuation of TF Amber Absolute, which apparently happened this past spring but which I only learned about this morning. SOB! So, I promptly purchased a still shrink-wrapped bottle on eBay. Hopefully it's real. I am so unhappy about this.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Le Temps d'Une Fete by Parfums de Nicolai.

Still in my fall facination with spicy woodies - M. Michallef Gaiac. Just keep reaching for these over and over.

Love that pic, ladymurasaki!

I'm glad the fender bender was only a minor one, kewart!

Lucasai, enjoy your long weekend! You have earned the right to lounge!

Hoping 30R and all other east-coasters stay safe through the hurricane. Glad to see you were preparing last night, 30R; let us know how you are when you're able.

Skipping the sync to finish the VC&A samples from the Collection Extraordinaire. This little packet of samples has been circulating around for ages! Still enough for one more sampler, too. Next week, off to Lucas they go!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Happy Friday! How lovely iivanita. And it is indeed happier now that I have read all of these lovely posts and imagined all of these lovely smells.

For the synch.... no contest. It has to be Santa Maria Novella Peau D'Espagne because it symbolises many journeys for me. First smelled in Florence at the shop in Via della Scalla many years ago, bought in Lucca last year.

To me, it symbolises my journey through my love of fragrance. I recoiled when I first smelled this. I thought that it was incredible but it is very challenging. Now, many years later, I genuinely adore it. It symbolises my fragrant journey to a comfortable and preferred place. I see my journey in it, and I couldn't give two hoots if anyone else thinks it stinks!

It also symbolises my journeys to Italy, a love affair that will never end, and of course, my journey through the most important love of my life. He was with me when I first smelled this and he was with me on the trip when I bought it. So many journeys in this fragrance, so many loves.

Evening fragrant friends. Wishing a happy wine o'clock to those imbibing.

I drenched myself in vintage Eau de Joy when I picked it up thise morning..... woo hoo Real perfume. Put me in a good mood despite the rubbish week. Ain't it great how wearing something invisible but glorious can do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Evening fragrant friends. Wishing a happy wine o'clock to those imbibing.

I drenched myself in vintage Eau de Joy when I picked it up thise morning..... woo hoo Real perfume. Put me in a good mood despite the rubbish week. Ain't it great how wearing something invisible but glorious can do that?
    Enjoy Alityke! Nice to hear you sounding cheery. Good girl.

Thank you dear Foustie

I plan on wearing vintage and only vintage all weekend, just for the pure bloody joy of it!

Terre d'Hermes. Wishing everyone here on the East Coast a safe, dry weekend.

It seems forever since I've been with y'all. Busy and distracting week. And a bit depressing--nothing major. So I'm trying to wear frags that are happy and uplifting. Sometimes I hit it just right, and sometimes not. My SotA (afternoon) has been Insense.I don't wear this very often and tend to forget just how good it is.

Hi all!

iivanita
    , you were right about my choices yesterday!
    Wearing La Myrrhe made me want to wear Chanel N.5, maybe the aldehydes reminded me of N.5...

Isabey Gardenia, today

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone!

I've been gone for a couple of days, because I had a severe reaction to a pneumonia shot. I've gotten them before and never ended up this sick, but this time was terrible, so glad the symptoms are finally starting to go away.

SotE is going to be Prada L'eau Ambree.

Have a good weekend.

((((Kiliwia)))) hugs. Hugs to all!

Drole De Rose is my sotd.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Glad you are feeling better, Kiliwia!

At this point they are saying the hurricane will be bringing us torrential rains Sunday through Tuesday, with the worst winds on Monday and Tuesday. Widespread power outages are expected. I need to go over to Mom's to bring her deck chairs and table indoors from her balcony.

I'm wearing L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007. It looks like this is the first bottle of perfume I'm going to be finishing in... so many years that I literally can't remember when I last finished one. (Not to fear, there's another bottle waiting in my fridge. )

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

(((Kiliwia)))

30 Roses, my mom would always fill the bathtub with water when there were severe storm warnings. Best of luck.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Hey everyone -

I'm in Boucheron Trouble for Voodoo Fest.

Y'all enjoy your evening!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    iivanita, I'm so happy you're posting photos -- especially if they include purses and perfumes! I'd love to design purses. They're such an interesting art form, yet almost none of them has practical internals for finding what you're looking for.

The Journey: New Orleans, Louisiana. A cadre of cologned comrades.
    The Scent: Hové Rue Royale.
    hehehe thank you!!
    was trying to be in sync with travelling theme with purse hehe,

i will post another one, which maybe has this practical internals! you will see it maybe tomorrow i just chanaged to it yesterday, its more heavy and spacey

- - - Updated - - -

30 roses CONGRATULATIONS! and hope all goes fine for you with the storm!

Foustie, Dora, Kiliwia

its bed time here, see ya all tomorrow

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    (((Kiliwia)))

30 Roses, my mom would always fill the bathtub with water when there were severe storm warnings. Best of luck.
    We always do that, too, to have toilet-flushing water, but when the risk of outages goes on for days, a full tub makes it harder to take a shower! (We only have one bathroom.) I generally also fill my utility sink in the basement, and several large stock pots.

Last year's hurricane left some communities without power for over a week. We lost it for 50 hours...our freezer was still frozen (with extra bags of ice in it.)

30R, I'm crossing my fingers that the storm veers sharply eastward or is at least incredibly over-hyped. Stay safe.

Kiliwia, I'm glad you're feeling better! How scary!

Chantilly this evening. It has been a couple of days, I couldn't hold out any longer. I must have it. I only wear this at home. It's not for "out". It's just my little *thing*.

Blog Entries

SotE - Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain (from a sample -- thanks, yuyu!)

Basenotes Plus

Sister & brother-in-law are visiting us for 2 weeks. Our entire time together can be summed up in a few words: food, wine, beer and baseball. We're having a blast.

Spent the day sniffing Bond No 9 at SAKS, so we didn't wear a scent earlier. Now we're covered in many.

Feel better Miss K and 30 R, you be safe, honey.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Diorissimo
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Midnight. Put on TF Tobacco Vanille at 8:30 A.M. Can still smell it. Beautiful.