Code of Conduct

Question Wanting an opinion on this Terre D'Hermes gift set on Bonanza.com

So, I was browsing Google for deals on Terre D'Hermes gift sets because I recently received a Forbes Life issue featuring a sample. I was enamored by the scent, so wanted to see if I could find a cheap way to try it.

I ran across this:

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/HERM...FUZgMgodXi4ADQ

It's a gift set featuring a .17 oz bottle of Terre D'Hermes and a 1.35 oz bottle of the shower gel... all for $23.75 + shipping. Moreover, it ships from Hong Kong.

I usually don't buy anything that seems 'too good to be true', but this looks too good to pass up, lol.

Does this appear to be a fake? Just wondering...

Default Re: Wanting an opinion on this Terre D'Hermes gift set on Bonanza.com

Looks fine to me.

agreed, I wouldn't have any concerns.

Post Thanks / Like

Visually speaking, credible enough to be genuine.

Ok... I also found the same one on eBay, and I ran across some wording on the bottom of the box...

Pure perfume deluxe replica...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HERMES-Terre...item19d6212082

The wording is on the last picture listed on the e-Bay page.

Is THIS something to worry about?

Post Thanks / Like

Asia is an absolute hotbed of producing fakes of just about any item you can imagine... clothes, shoes, fragrances, jewelry, CDs, medications, etc., etc. I would be very wary of anything coming from Hong Kong (in other words, CHINA).
    Though the price doesn't seem that unrealistically low, even it was the real stuff. Keep in mind, .17 oz. is only about 5 ml.
    I got a 1 ml sample of TdH for $2 from myperfumesamples.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    Asia is an absolute hotbed of producing fakes of just about any item you can imagine... clothes, shoes, fragrances, jewelry, CDs, medications, etc., etc. I would be very wary of anything coming from Hong Kong (in other words, CHINA).
    Though the price doesn't seem that unrealistically low, even it was the real stuff. Keep in mind, .17 oz. is only about 5 ml.
    I got a 1 ml sample of TdH for $2 from myperfumesamples.
    The 1ml sample is $2.99 with around $6 shipping now... not really worth it to me.
    Ahhhh... Why can't they have Terre D'Hermes at Sephora--- then I wouldn't have this testing problem... LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

My Sephora has TDH in the edt and perfume versions. Please check with the one in your town, they may just have it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be very hesitant.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    My Sephora has TDH in the edt and perfume versions. Please check with the one in your town, they may just have it.
    Mine has TDH, too, just as of a couple months ago. If you haven't checked recently I'd stop in or give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    Mine has TDH, too, just as of a couple months ago. If you haven't checked recently I'd stop in or give them a call.
    I just saw it on Sephora.com... weeee!

I am gonna hope they have it in Ashland, KY. If they do, I will probably sample or buy on Black Friday. If I don't get it then, maybe Christmas...

That being said, I wonder if Sephora is having a Black Friday sale...
    Last edited by Prospective_Buyer; 27th October 2012 at 01:41 AM.