Code of Conduct

Default 19 years old...new to cologne world...going go invest into Creed Aventus

Hey guys, I am new to Basenote and to the cologne world in general. Up until now all my cologne has been gifts and purchases made by my parents.....recently I got a job, and I have an income so I am trying to be wise with my money and invest in the best of each world....I think it is better to buy one good item then have 2 crappy ones, that is why I want to invest in the Creed Aventus cologne.
    My question is what are reputable sellers of the cologne, and how do I acquire the best batch?

Default Re: 19 years old...new to cologne world...going go invest into Creed Aventus

Personally I'd buy directly from the Creed Boutique which is the safest, but you will pay full retail.

Default Re: 19 years old...new to cologne world...going go invest into Creed Aventus

What? I have some money...not balling out of control. Difference between Boutique and online is almost $160...that is not some chump change.....

Amazon.com has 4oz for 187. You can't do better than that.

Get a split from here. You can get 50mL for $69 shipping included.

Are you sure you really want Aventus? I mean, Aventus is nice and all. But you don't NEED to buy it just because its such a huge hit here in BN. I'm sure you will find a lot of other colognes that you will like that cost much less.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    Amazon.com has 4oz for 187. You can't do better than that.
    Yeah, I saw that but I am not sure about how legitimate it is...and what batch they are selling.

Quote Originally Posted by jernie19 View Post
    Are you sure you really want Aventus? I mean, Aventus is nice and all. But you don't NEED to buy it just because its such a huge hit here in BN. I'm sure you will find a lot of other colognes that you will like that cost much less.
    I went to the Creed boutique yesterday and sprayed on Aventus....amazing smell. I really liked it. I also went to NYC Bond No.9 after, and did not like anything they had. I went to Macys after, and tried on the designer fragrances, and again, they smelled like shet compared to Aventus.....

Buy from a Creed boutique or from an official distributer.

Well, you could do a heck of a lot worse than Aventus, so congrats on finding such a great frag, especially after testing so many. Personally, it's one of my favorites as well, regardless of the hype. My advice would also be to get in on a split here on BN. It'll be one of your best values. Otherwise, fragrancenet.com sometimes carries it for a good price (grey market) & you can usually get a 20% off coupon through them on top of that. The only way to really gaurantee your batch, however, is some of the splits or buying directly through Creed. Good luck man & enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by jernie19 View Post
    This!!

If you are new to fragrance, there are a tonne of things to try first

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Get a split from here. You can get 50mL for $69 shipping included.

+1.....

either order a split from here, or another forum. i would recommend getting a sample from like ebay or the creed store first because there's always a chance you won't like it. i'm not a huge fan of blind buying

I got mine from Fragrancenet.com - ended up being a little over $210 for the 4 oz. bottle, after the 15% coupon code. I (personally) would be leery of buying any high-end fragrances on Amazon through non-Amazon sellers, or eBay in general. It would be a little bit cheaper via splits if you don't care about having the bottle, but if you are just going to have one fragrance (and this is a good one to choose), then you would probably prefer to have the bottle with it.

Try a sample first. I still don't get they hype and I have tried two samples from different batches. I've bought a 5ml and a 10ml sample off Ebay. One was an ashy batch, the other was a pineapple strong batch. I have done well buying samples from there. They all have seemed legit, and are offered for a great price. You can usually find 5 or 10ml samples for less than $20. I feel like this is a way better option than buying a larger split or a full bottle and ending up not liking it. Also, with multiple colognes, these samples last a while.

Do a split and wear it for special occasions. Take the money you save and buy a couple of quality designers to build up your wardrobe.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (Lemon)

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

Frags are not like cars or electronics where whichever has the biggest feature list and highest price (or snobbish fans) is pretty much the best buy, technically speakinga. A $10 frag can be just as valuable as a $350 bottle if it makes you happy, and your experience will not be the same as any other reviewer. That said, any batch can be the "best" batch for various people.

To be completely honest, I think you can get more for your buck if you sample a wide range of things rather than essentially go all in on one hefty purchase. Get in on a split and see if you really, really like wearing it over a long period of time before spending too much on something that languishes on a shelf at 80% full for years. Use the difference to sample a bunch of other stuff. That would be an investment in not just one frag, but rather in your own experience and learning. That would be a wise investment, imo.

Aventus is not worth the price tag...

I would invest into something else, but if you like it, fragrance.net is your best bet...

Banned
    Blog Entries

Aventus is a fragrance I like very much, and to me it's worth the price tag, but don't simply buy Aventus just because a lot of people on here say it is the best ever. Because there are also a lot of people who don't like it. You have to decide whether you like it or not.

You are smart to go for quantity rather than quality.

Buying from fragrancenet.com is completely safe. Plenty of people bought Creeds there and it's no problem. The juice from the Creed boutique will probably be fresher, but there's nothing to worry about on fragnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    This!!

If you are new to fragrance, there are a tonne of things to try first
    +1 Aventus is more expensive than GIT and MI, split from here I think is cheapest you can get. Aventus is great but for the price tag, I don't think I will purchase a full bottle.

Honestly, i wouldnt do it. I wont enter a dog into the fight about aventus, i just wouldnt do it for the reasons i will discuss:

1. Youre 19: shouldnt you be off smoking weed and finding people to buy you booze with some of this cash? or at least trying to find some young girl (or boy) to sleep with? if you arent, thats what you should be doing, other than college.
    2. if youre trying to impress anyone, you will do it much better by having a variety of scent: at your age this is doubly so. NO ONE will know what Creed is to be impressed by it. however, if you smell 5 different ways on 5 different days, that is obvious on its face.

which leads me to my point: i would invest some of that money into decants and blow the rest.

If you are dead set on buying Aventus - get a split from the split boards. Not only it is cheaper but depending whos split you take, the splitter will have already got, or at least tried to get the very best batch. Good luck with your endeavour.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    +1.....
    + 2

I got mine via a split on the splits board here and it smells great.

Can anyone help me find a split thread for Aventus ? haha sorry couldn't manage to find them.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Great choice. Go for it!