Code of Conduct

Default Slumberhouse Kere

I just received my bottle of Sova today and with it, Josh sent me a sample of the upcoming limited edition retooling of a previous creation of his called Kere. It's a very warm apple cider and sandalwood fragrance. I get quite a hit of cinnamon from it. When I wrote to him about my take on it, he wrote back telling me that it has quite a bit of real Mysore sandalwood in it, thus the "limited edition" decision on its upcoming release. He didn't give me a date for this release nor did he mention the price, but my sample has a circular black label saying, "Kere," on it and it's as autumnal as all get out, so I suspect it will be soon. This guy is going to drive me to the poorhouse. :-)

Edit: I just looked up the previous incarnation of this online and it sounds nothing like the new version at all!
    Last edited by Tonyprince; 27th October 2012 at 07:51 PM.

Default Re: Slumberhouse Kere

Sounds really interesting, thanks for the heads up. Between this, the retooled Jeke, and Sova, I'm going to have to put in an order for some Slumberhouse samples soon...

+1 on trying both Kere and Sova out, especially Sova. It's gorgeous.

Sova is fantastic, so is the new version of Jeke. I also got the retooling of Kere, which was good, but I wouldn't purchase.

Very interesting. Also, this is the first I've heard of a new Jeke. I own a full bottle of the previous version and love. Very interested in sniffing the new.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

Quote Originally Posted by Smells_Familiar View Post
    Very interesting. Also, this is the first I've heard of a new Jeke. I own a full bottle of the previous version and love. Very interested in sniffing the new.
    How new is the new Jeke? I've only had my bottle a few months and it's in the new bottle style (not the square ones). I love the Jeke I have but I don't really know which batch it is.

I'm guessing it's the first round, the new one is very recent. I absolutely love it. I love it so much I made a thread about it.

Basenotes Institution

Wore this sample last night.

I can see why many have used the 'curry' word to describe this. I've smelled a whiff of that same accord in Arabie by Serge Lutens which I think I described before as 'dry chicken soup powder'. However in Kere its quickly transforms into a more solid immortelle/licorice smell. Nice, not too dense, actually a Slumberhouse that's not so 'thick'. Quite pleasant. Look forward to sampling it again.

Is this disco'd?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I have a small decant of this acquired from Surrender To Chance before it sold out. I have no clue which version it is but I think that it's fantastic!
    I was surprised to read that it may have been marked as a feminine scent. It is totally unisex leaning toward masculine IMO.
    And Mike Perez...., Arabie is the FIRST think that I thought of when I sprayed it on. As with most Slumberhouse EdP's, it is potent and lasting! This one filled my office for the whole day. Thank goodness that I didn't have any serious meetings scheduled in the small quarters.

I hope that this one is resurrected as an extrait. I'd love to see where Josh takes it and how it rounds and smooths out with even more depth.

Basenotes Institution

Ah, it isn't available.

Well, I don't love it as much as Sova, to be honest, but I admire it greatly. I have a soft spot for Hermessence Brin de Reglisse and it's whispery-licorice-lavender-transparency and so my licorice needs are taken care of, but this one is nice.

Isn't there another licorice Slumberhouse scent, or am I mistaken? A darker more smoky one?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Vikt is amazing licorice incense and now available again as an extrait limited edition. Its fantastic!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    Vikt is amazing licorice incense and now available again as an extrait limited edition. Its fantastic!
    This. Word-for-word. Mike, you have to try it.

Basenotes Institution

Ah that's it.

I'm pretty sure I have a sample at home (of the EdP, of course).

If I can find it I'll wear it again this week. I remember liking it.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Vikt EDP is a loud metallic/oud, the newer stuff is a combination of oud/licorice rounded out with milky sandalwood...metallic notes aren't really there IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Ah that's it.

I'm pretty sure I have a sample at home (of the EdP, of course).

If I can find it I'll wear it again this week. I remember liking it.
    I'd love to try the new Kere, don't remember the old stuff striking me as something I'd need to get a hold of...the new stuff sounds right up my ally though.

I put a spritz of Kere on my forearm on Thursday afternoon. It's now Saturday morning, one shower later, and I can still smell it on my arm. Sweet immortelle. Does anyone else get this? The immortelle reminds me of HdP 1740, and Annick Goutal Sables. Everlasting flower, it surely is.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Vikt EDP is a loud metallic/oud, the newer stuff is a combination of oud/licorice rounded out with milky sandalwood...metallic notes aren't really there IMO.
    It's also sold out, so if you're interested in Vikt (it was a limited re-run with some new materials -- mysore / attar base, stripped back metallic / vegetal notes, cranked up fennel / anise), pick up a bottle from Indiescents or Twisted Lily as soon as yesterday.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I put a spritz of Kere on my forearm on Thursday afternoon. It's now Saturday morning, one shower later, and I can still smell it on my arm. Sweet immortelle. Does anyone else get this? The immortelle reminds me of HdP 1740, and Annick Goutal Sables. Everlasting flower, it surely is.
    Yes. Insane longevity I smelled it, barely, a couple days later on my chest. It's crazy. And it's that same immortelle (maple syrup) note in Sables and Eau Noire.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Luckily I got mine during the sale, it's really good stuff. Definitely more wearable and rounded out smoothly as with most of Josh's recent releases. The brash punch in the face is gone upon initial application from the old EDPs is gone. Much more wearable and presentable.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    It's also sold out, so if you're interested in Vikt (it was a limited re-run with some new materials -- mysore / attar base, stripped back metallic / vegetal notes, cranked up fennel / anise), pick up a bottle from Indiescents or Twisted Lily as soon as yesterday.

Basenotes Institution

Wearing it again today.

I went a little crazy on the trigger. It's warm today here in Miami. I'm stewing in Kere. The 'kitchen notes' in this come more alive in warmer climates.

-- Eckhart Tolle