Code of Conduct

Default The strong influence of Chanel Antaeus in niche masculine fragrances

I tried Antaeus for the first time this week . My initial reaction was one of ........"Where have you been all my life, and why on earth did i bypass this wonderful scent in the past"........

On another note. I think Puredistance M is a richer version of Antaeus. I am sure the makers of M took no small inspiration in its design from the house of Chanel. The same maybe so for MDCI Invasion Barbare.

But if I had to pick one out of the three : IB, M or Antaeus , I would go for Antaeus. Something about its overall development that is just prefect.

Default Re: The strong influence of Chanel Antaeus in niche masculine fragrances

It's definitely a classic IMO.

Default Re: The strong influence of Chanel Antaeus in niche masculine fragrances

It's the only Chanel I've found that is bottle worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    It's the only Chanel I've found that is bottle worthy.
    +1 Couldn't agree more. Some question the current formulation of Antaeus, but I find it excellent.

I have to test Antaeus again to find out whether Puredistance M is similar to Antaeus.

a lot of designer scents were nicked by so called niche, before 1990 niche wouldn't have existed!

One of my top favorits. A timeless classic.

Thank you for your advice.

I think Antaeus is similar to Puredistance M.

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    I tried Antaeus for the first time this week . My initial reaction was one of ........"Where have you been all my life, and why on earth did i bypass this wonderful scent in the past"........

On another note. I think Puredistance M is a richer version of Antaeus. I am sure the makers of M took no small inspiration in its design from the house of Chanel. The same maybe so for MDCI Invasion Barbare.

But if I had to pick one out of the three : IB, M or Antaeus , I would go for Antaeus. Something about its overall development that is just prefect.
    Who knows?

when reading the interview with the founder Jan Ewoud Vos, he told that Anataus has been worn by him for 30 years.

He may have given the advice to Roja Dove that Puredistance M should smell similar to Antaeus, but just richer and more luxirous......

Chemist In The Bottle just recently (Jan 18) posted a terrific article on his impression of vintage and current Chanel Antaeus. I feel he captures this pretty much spot on. While some have bemoaned the latest Antaeus as a weak shadow of a bold former self, I don't think it's quite as drastic. The initial blast isn't as potent, but the dry down ends up very similar to my nose. I prefer vintage, but once I'm unable to get it I'll be OK with the latest.

An almost niche-style depth, persistence, complexity and exclusiveness in this fragrance- could easily imagine its possible influence on niche.