Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Masculine ambers?

For me:

Ambre Russe
    Balmain Ambre Gris
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Black Orchid by Tom Ford

Banned

Try:

Black XS by Paco Rabanne - This wonderfully exotic fragrance opens with a citrus duet of lemon and kalamanzi, commingling with sage and tagete. I am not quite sure if the spice and marigolds work on the citrus, but a tangy stawberry becomes sensorially incarnate. The sweet heart with its cinnamon, black cardamom, tolu balm and praline wrests control of this pseudo-strawberry, and excises the bitterness yielding a dark, sweet and spicy concoction. The eager base, with its woods and amber, as well as its hint of patchouli, evicts the fruitiness, and forms a warm and inviting drydown. The longevity for this daring fragrance is good, while its projection is average for a close to the skin scent.

Ambre gris looks like a beautiful bottle.
    Paco xs? i always thought creed ov was a clone of this frag. If im right , having owned the creed its more like a green fresh vetiver?

- - - Updated - - -

Ambre gris looks like a beautiful bottle.
    Paco xs? i always thought creed ov was a clone of this frag. If im right , having owned the creed its more like a green fresh vetiver?

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Try:

Black XS by Paco Rabanne - This wonderfully exotic fragrance opens with a citrus duet of lemon and kalamanzi, commingling with sage and tagete. I am not quite sure if the spice and marigolds work on the citrus, but a tangy stawberry becomes sensorially incarnate. The sweet heart with its cinnamon, black cardamom, tolu balm and praline wrests control of this pseudo-strawberry, and excises the bitterness yielding a dark, sweet and spicy concoction. The eager base, with its woods and amber, as well as its hint of patchouli, evicts the fruitiness, and forms a warm and inviting drydown. The longevity for this daring fragrance is good, while its projection is average for a close to the skin scent.
    If the OP was fining many amber scents too sweet this might kill them.

My favorites are LDDM, Ambre 114 and Ambre Precieux.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Tonka Imperiale
    3. Dior Homme
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Oud Wood
    6. Ambre Nuit
    7. L'air Du Desert Marocain
    8. Noir de Noir
    9. Apple Brandy
    10.Straight to Heaven

Creed's Bois de Portugal is my favorite amber. It strikes just the right balance between butch and vanilla.
    "It's not the scent that recalls the person; it's the person who recalls the scent"

Amber Oud by Kilian

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Try:

Wow, the best review I read about a really bad fragrance.
    We want a niche forum.

Another vote for Ambre Sultan and LDDM, although I find LDDM to be a bit too sweet at times, there's much I admire about the scent.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Amouage Memoir man yet, it is probably the most masculine amber I've tried. It's not a pure amber but I would say the amber is very much pronounced against a foreground of cool smoke.