Code of Conduct

Exclamation The Reformulated Fahrenheit...

... gives off an amazing petroleum scent on my skin.

The vintage should have more petroleum goodness in it but I wonder if that is necessary.

Mine is all Gas n Grass!! Its "mowing the lawn" in a bottle.
    I most def would never have bought this if it wasn't Dior and the intense love it gets.
    Every girl I date loves it.
    Never sniffed the OG. ;-(
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Reformulated Fahrenheit...

Reformulated Fahreneheit is more leathery and has more of that gasoline note.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    Reformulated Fahreneheit is more leathery and has more of that gasoline note.
    Aren't you talking about the vintage?

Love all incarnations of this scent. Prefer the original release which is what I own.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Probably not. I agree the new stuff is more plasticky/petroleumy than the vintage. I have 2nd formulation (late 90s) and it's far more floral, rich, natural, and deep than the new stuff. I agree 100% with Turin's A-Z review, which is certainly not always the case.

As said, all formulations of Fahrenheit are excellent. One of my favorite fragrances.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

The current Fahrenheit is a very austere (hollow) petroleum scent; don't like it, liked the older version.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

The re-formulated version is much weaker than the original was years ago. In fact, I now use the flanker, Fahrenheit Absolute. It reminds me more of the original strength and power that was associated with the original fahrenheit. Except that the original did not have an oud note. Aqua fahrenheit is good for warm days as others do not find it to be offensive.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    The re-formulated version is much weaker than the original was years ago. In fact, I now use the flanker, Fahrenheit Absolute. It reminds me more of the original strength and power that was associated with the original fahrenheit. Except that the original did not have an oud note. Aqua fahrenheit is good for warm days as others do not find it to be offensive.
    Hm. I didn't find it weaker at all. Potency and longevity on me were the same. But I agree with Luca that it's hollower. Flatter.

I find Fahrenheit Absolute to be a drastically different fragrance from the original. The combo of violet leaf and cumin make for a very weird experience . . . not to my liking.

I must've gone through 5 bottles of the original in the mid 90s.

I will not wear the current one. Its been distorted far more than I can handle.

for swap/sale:

The current one is fantastic that I had to get a back up bottle when I saw it in a sale, love the petroleum note. To me this is as perfect a fragrance you can buy on all levels and a scent that is a very rare perfect 10 out of 10.

Never tried the original so I do not miss what I have never had.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Hm. I didn't find it weaker at all. Potency and longevity on me were the same. But I agree with Luca that it's hollower. Flatter.

I find Fahrenheit Absolute to be a drastically different fragrance from the original. The combo of violet leaf and cumin make for a very weird experience . . . not to my liking.
    I was prompted to start a recent thread on this as the current formulation made me feel sick recently. It's over for me unless I come across some of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by amw9490 View Post
    As said, all formulations of Fahrenheit are excellent. One of my favorite fragrances.
    +1. It`s one of the greatest masterpiece created in the world of fragrances EVER! In my top-3.
    -As Jack said: 10 out of 10.

Its good and very masculine, IF, and only if, you like the smell of gas oil. I like it sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    The vintage had nowhere near the gasoline. I think the current version is a horrible imitation. The original was smooth and deep. Agree with Turin also.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    The current one is fantastic that I had to get a back up bottle when I saw it in a sale, love the petroleum note. To me this is as perfect a fragrance you can buy on all levels and a scent that is a very rare perfect 10 out of 10.

Never tried the original so I do not miss what I have never had.
    This could've been written by me. 100% agree!!

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    The vintage had nowhere near the gasoline. I think the current version is a horrible imitation. The original was smooth and deep. Agree with Turin also.
    Just reread Turin's review. He blames the difference on the limited dose of reactive acetylenic esters currently allowed in frags; apparently the old juice was chock full of em.

Fahrenheit is probably the only fragrance that I prefer after a reformulation.
    Formerly known as Inselaffe

I am in the minority. I think the new one still kicks ass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    I am in the minority. I think the new one still kicks ass.
    Me too! I love it just the way it is.

I have the new one and love it as well. I never warmed to the original when it came out. Tested it multiple times and never liked it at all. That being said, I wish now i would have pulled the trigger and bought just one bottle that would probably still be 90% full, then i would have a nice chance to compare.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Its weird, no one on BN can seem to agree whether the vintage or modern fahrenheit has the petroleum note. I personally do not get it, but rather a deep violet/honeysuckle

I agree that the new formula is not as deep and smooth as vintage and I also agree that the new formula does lack longevity as vintage. I wrote a thread about it a few months ago. If you are looking for a great alternative for vintage fahrenheit you have to try metal jeans by beverly hills 90210. It has all the characteristics of vintage Fahrenheit. Great projection, great longevity, and it lasts almost a whole day on your skin. I hate to say it but I like Metal jeans better than the current Fahrenheit.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    I agree that the new formula is not as deep and smooth as vintage and I also agree that the new formula does lack longevity as vintage. I wrote a thread about it a few months ago. If you are looking for a great alternative for vintage fahrenheit you have to try metal jeans by beverly hills 90210. It has all the characteristics of vintage Fahrenheit. Great projection, great longevity, and it lasts almost a whole day on your skin. I hate to say it but I like Metal jeans better than the current Fahrenheit.
    thanks for the reminder. i can't believe two fragrances (this and Versace) have such an incredibly dumb name, the most uncomfortable fictional article of clothing in history