Code of Conduct

Question Antaeus Sport Cologne

Ok...there have been numerous mentions of it in various Antaeus related threads in the past but we've never had a conclusion on how different or same this is to 'normal antaeus'.

I thought it was time to get to the bottom of this....We all have read that the 'older formulation' of Antaeus was much superior to its current formulation....Since Sport is no longer available, I assume all Antaeus Sport Cologne bottles would be vintage....I am a huge fan of Antaeus in its current form and have never sniffed the 'older formulation'....The closest we can get to an older formulation bottle is to get 'Antaeus Sport Cologne'....but we have very little or virtually no information about the 'Sport' variation of Antaeus...

Please...if any member has a bottle of this, kindly come forward and let us know your opinion.

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

Post Re: Antaeus Sport Cologne

I don't have a bottle of this, but toward the very end of finding this fragrance anywhere period, I was forced to buy minis $10.00 for 0.17 oz. Costly for sure, but worth every penny. Now I can't find it at all. About the fragrance, being a sport cologne you might get the impression that this was a light version of Antaeus,but nothing could be further from the truth. It had a more pronounced opening, as if that were possible. It seemed to have a bit less Clary Sage, and the heart followed the opening almost instantly, and lasted well into the drydown, which was grounded by Beeswax, and the Patchouli,and Sandalwood were present 15 minutes into the opening. The longevity was outrageous. I still have perhaps 12ml. left in the one ounce bottle that I used to decant this into, and use it very sparingly. I will sum this up by saying that I thought this to be a better fragrance, that even the vintage Antaeus. Hope this helps a little.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Default Re: Antaeus Sport Cologne

I have both but I haven't really cross compared them enough to review. I also bought the minis described above. I'll write back on this thread once I've had a chance to compare, though I can't say for sure the Sport Cologne hasn't been effected by age.

I did see a full bottle on eBay recently - it's from an overpriced eBay 'store' (Hard-To-Find Fragrances), and it may still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    I don't have a bottle of this, but toward the very end of finding this fragrance anywhere period, I was forced to buy minis $10.00 for 0.17 oz. Costly for sure, but worth every penny. Now I can't find it at all. About the fragrance, being a sport cologne you might get the impression that this was a light version of Antaeus,but nothing could be further from the truth. It had a more pronounced opening, as if that were possible. It seemed to have a bit less Clary Sage, and the heart followed the opening almost instantly, and lasted well into the drydown, which was grounded by Beeswax, and the Patchouli,and Sandalwood were present 15 minutes into the opening. The longevity was outrageous. I still have perhaps 12ml. left in the one ounce bottle that I used to decant this into, and use it very sparingly. I will sum this up by saying that I thought this to be a better fragrance, that even the vintage Antaeus. Hope this helps a little.
    Thanks for all the information mate. I think I am soon going to pull the plug on this one. I am so much in love with Antaeus and so is my dad, that another bottle of this gorgeous stuff won't hurt my existing Antaeus stock of I think 4 bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    I have both but I haven't really cross compared them enough to review. I also bought the minis described above. I'll write back on this thread once I've had a chance to compare, though I can't say for sure the Sport Cologne hasn't been effected by age.
    Well there is every chance of a mini 'Antaeus Sport' exhibiting signs of age and there not being its best but then you always have to take chances when it comes down to vintage stuff. Besides full bottles (if boxed) are less likely to get affected than unboxed mini's. I am yet to come across a vintage bottle that I've bought and thats spoiled because of age.

It would be great to see what you have to say, after you've compared them head on.

Thanks guys...Any other information is always welcome.

I did see a full bottle on eBay recently - it's from an overpriced eBay 'store' (Hard-To-Find Fragrances), and it may still be there.
    Here it is!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320154086218

gupts, it might be well worth the effort to snatch one of the four tester bottles that this seller has to see for yourself what it's all about....

If you ever do, be sure to enlighten us with your findings

I didn't mean that my mini has spoiled, just that it may have been effected (and yes, it is an unboxed mini). I'm going to test the sport against a new bottle tonight and report back.

I'm not super-knowledgeable about Antaeus, so forgive my ignorance of the notes and accords. To be honest I didn't really like it at first, but I knew that it was something that probably would just take time.

The Sport Cologne seemed to have a somewhat more herbal opening - sage, perhaps? The new 'standard' juice was a little sweeter and more aromatic, perhaps more lavender came through. Of course it might just be that the top-notes of the sport cologne have been blunted by age and thus it's going right to the heart. Can't say for sure, but I really didn't find any significant difference between the two.... they were 95% identical.

AromiErotici

Just bought Antaeus Sport 3.4oz, but from a different seller. I love Antaeus and am getting this blind. I'll keep you posted.

AromiErotici

Last night I compared Original Antaeus to the Vintage Antaeus Sport. I truly like Antaeus and in spite of the info in this thread, I figured a "sport" version to be lighter, maybe an aquatic version, or quite possibly a limp imitation.

At any rate, I bought the Sport blind and didn't try it until I wore both to compare them. I can't believe the Sport version is a little deeper and richer than the original formulation Antaeus!!! It has the same longevity and projection, but the sport version is just a hair better and THAT in itself is a real surprise.

If I had to choose, the Sport version would get the nod.

Thanks for the report back - I wonder what how the Sport version compares to the original, pre-reform version. Also, is the 100ml Sport bottle clear? That probably looks very neat.

AromiErotici

Thanks for the report back - I wonder what how the Sport version compares to the original, pre-reform version. Also, is the 100ml Sport bottle clear? That probably looks very neat.
    bbBD...........I'll post a pic of the bottle in the morning on this thread. Really awesome juice if you're partial to Antaeus.

AromiErotici

I used to have a bottle of this a few years ago and I loved it. I haven't tried the original Antaeus vintage so I can't compare the two. I can say that the Antaeus Sport I had was better than the current Antaeus. It was lighter than the current Antaeus but much deeper and the beeswax note was more pronounced. The bottle I had was not clear and was a splash. In no way was it aquatic or watered down smelling.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Question Re: Antaeus Sport Cologne

I just blind bought a bottle of the Sport based on my love for Antaeus and the comments on this thread. I stumbled upon it for sale and then found this thread. Can't wait til that bottle comes. Thanks to the guys in this thread for sparking my interest. I will report back once I get my hands on it. Just like everyone here, though, I'm dying to know what that vintage juice smells like.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by brrrry View Post
    I just blind bought a bottle of the Sport based on my love for Antaeus and the comments on this thread. I stumbled upon it for sale and then found this thread. Can't wait til that bottle comes. Thanks to the guys in this thread for sparking my interest. I will report back once I get my hands on it. Just like everyone here, though, I'm dying to know what that vintage juice smells like.
    Once you get the Sport version, you really won't need the vintage Antaeus. I actually prefer the Sport and the beeswax is indeed very evident.

Im wearing my Antaeus Sport for the first time today.
    Its very rich and warm and dense, but not as thick as the vintage edt (but still sweet).
    Longevity is good, but the sillage is not strong on me (i dont find vintage, current or sport antaeus strong, all of them last about 6~10 hours on me with medium sillage)
    Still a fantastic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Im wearing my Antaeus Sport for the first time today.
    Its very rich and warm and dense, but not as thick as the vintage edt (but still sweet).
    Longevity is good, but the sillage is not strong on me (i dont find vintage, current or sport antaeus strong, all of them last about 6~10 hours on me with medium sillage)
    Still a fantastic stuff.
    How did you get hold of that juice

I'm jealous as hell..........
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    How did you get hold of that juice

I'm jealous as hell..........
    I bought a mini off of Ebay and it came today. It's fantastic. I agree with the others in this thread, thister version is just a tiny bit better. Now I'm tempted to buy another mini since it doesn't seem to be available anywhere else.