Code of Conduct

Default Polo Green,Paco Rabanne PH, Qourum, Azzaro Pour homme.....What next>?

I've tried and owned polo Green, Paco Rabanne PH, Qourum, Azzaro Pour homme. What other Fragrances is their in the same genre and group of these 4. That i've not yet tried, any recommendations ?

Sound Scents

Default Re: Polo Green,Paco Rabanne PH, Qourum, Azzaro Pour homme.....What next>?

You may want to try Giorgio for Men or vintage Givenchy Gentleman if you haven't already.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frdric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'dri) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Default Re: Polo Green,Paco Rabanne PH, Qourum, Azzaro Pour homme.....What next>?

I too like this genre of decidedly masculine fragrances. Am even wearing Quorum today. Well, I would say YSL Rive Gauche is fairly close to Azzaro PH. In my opinion, Polo green and Quorum are slightly similar, with the former being a bit greener/sharper, and a bit better longevity. Polo Modern Reserve is supposedly a more modern and a bit less "harsh" version of Polo green. Don't know enough about Paco PH to opine on what might be similar. Maybe someone else can shed more light on your interesting question.

YSL pour homme. . .blast of lemons. . .then. . .oakmoss and patchouli! Great stuff! Also, I can't say enough good things about Caron's Third Man. It has everything a Powerhouse Fragrance Lover loves. . .citrus, patchouli, musk. The drydown alone is worth is the price.

P.

Rive Gauche

Kouros
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Too many to mention !

Van Cleef & Arples pour Homme. Try to find either the vintage or the very latest version, which is very close to the original.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo Saggio View Post
    Van Cleef & Arples pour Homme. Try to find either the vintage or the very latest version, which is very close to the original.
    Can't do better than that. There's also Santos.

YSL Kouros
    YSL Opium

+1 on YSL Opium.

Kouros does something weird on my skin. I can't describe it. Thank God I sampled it before buying.

I'm gonna sample VCA PH next. I hear lots of good things about it.

Oh, and Caron's Yatagan is a monster. Def a cold weather frag. . .but it is GOOD!

P.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    You may want to try Giorgio for Men or vintage Givenchy Gentleman if you haven't already.
    Seconded.

From that (great) era also are:

Worth pour Homme (EDT and Haute Concentree)
    Etienne Aigner No. 2 (not the recent Man2)
    Maxims pour Homme

A contemporary frag in the genre of the classics is Fragrance of Ireland's Patrick.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Aramis Tuscany.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Rochas Lui or Ted (Lapidus) if you can find one.

Aramis, Van Cleef & Arples pour Homme.

Antaeus Sport
    Trussardi Uomo
    Worth Pour Homme

Montana Pour Homme

- - - Updated - - -

Montana Pour Homme

Antaeus

Noone mentioned Francesco Smalto pour homme yet to my surpise!

It's like the 'dark smoky brother' of Drakkar Noir! Awesome powerhouse stuff!
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Quote Originally Posted by kierroo View Post
    I've tried and owned polo Green, Paco Rabanne PH, Qourum, Azzaro Pour homme. What other Fragrances is their in the same genre and group of these 4. That i've not yet tried, any recommendations ?
    Worth Pour Homme, Kouros, Daniel Hechter Charactere and plenty more...

Halston Z-14 should be in the mix! Great frag!

Givenchy Gentleman
    Givenchy Xeryus
    Halston Z-14
    YSL PH
    YSL Kouros
    Chanel Antaeus
    Caron The Third Man

i have Van Cleef & Arples pour Homme. it looks vintage, I dunno how to identify. can anyone identify? its strong

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo Saggio View Post
    + 1 on VC&A pH

After that Montana perfum d'homme and Jacomo by Jacomo
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

oh we are on a power smelling trip I see.

Z14 You have to, a wonderful citrus-chypre fragrance, very masculine, and a great bottle design, feels good in the hand.
    YSL Pour Homme, also citrus, some how fresh and very remarkable scent.
    Monsieur Givenchy, it was so strong back in the 80"s i didn't get it, oh but was I wrong.
    YSL Korus, no words can describe this one, just try it and let it dry-down.
    Monsieur Rochas, similar to Santos de cartier, unforgettable.
    Aramis, a patchouli megamonster, can't get more macho than this.
    Anteaus by Chanel, super class super nice leather yes yes yes.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by gingerdip View Post
    i have Van Cleef & Arples pour Homme. it looks vintage, I dunno how to identify. can anyone identify? its strong
    The very earliest bottles don't say "Pour Homme" on them and have gold lettering.

Red byGiorgio BH

Krizia Uomo.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan D' Great View Post
    oh we are on a power smelling trip I see.

Monsieur Givenchy, it was so strong back in the 80"s i didn't get it, oh but was I wrong.
    Are you sure you do not mean vintage Givenchy Gentleman? I own and absolutely love vintage Monsieur de Givenchy, but while I could list its long list of superlatives as they are many, being super-strong and a powerhouse scent would not be among them. No problem if you see it differently... just checking...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frdric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'dri) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Junkie

Yatagan - Take Polo Green and add a whole lot of dirty, sexy animal notes.

Antaeus - Possibly the most rich and complex masculine fragrance I've ever smelled. Very Leathery.

Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme - Somewhat similar to Antaeus, but much drier and more neat and elegant (but also a bit synthetic).

Kouros - If you can get past the overpowering 80s vibe, this is a masterpiece of masculinity. Go easy on the trigger, though.

You should be able to cheaply find a bottle of the original Ralph Lauren Chaps (not the current one) which logically fits in with your four.

Also, Trussardi Uomo and possibly Sung homme and Grey Flannel.

Regards,
    Renato

This one *might* be a bit too sweet to be included with those other powerhouse scents, but Bogart PH, with its cherry pipe tobacco vibe, plus good longevity and projection, is a pretty good one. And cheap.
    Last edited by bigsteve; 30th October 2012 at 09:44 PM.

Macassar, Antaeus (vintage), Leonard pour Homme, M7 (vintage), Ungaro I, Van Cleef & Arpels PH

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gingerdip View Post
    Could you post a picture of the bottle and the box?
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Drakkar Noir, Halston 1-12 and z-14, Gucci pour homme(the one by Tom Ford that was just discontinued).

- - - Updated - - -

Drakkar Noir, Halston 1-12 and z-14, Gucci pour homme(the one by Tom Ford that was just discontinued).

- - - Updated - - -

How can you tell the "latest version" from those that came before? I know what the original looks like.