Code of Conduct

Thread: Erolfa!

Default Erolfa!

Wow! Can't believe I avoided this little gem for so long. Perfect for hot summer nights. There is something in the opening that recalls the candied top of original santal but just for a fleeting moment. Sweet at first, but dries to a fresh, herbal and sensual ambergris . The sandalwood and ambergris is top quality and doesn't get more luxurious . Not my usual genre but this is one oceanic fragrance I will be buying again.

Default Re: Erolfa!

Agree that it's a very nice fragrance.

Nice fragrance, but in the late dry down it smells sour on my skin..

Nice but very pricey for an aquatic. I would gladly pay about 130-140 usd for a 4.oz though. Those who have access to dependable Creed gray market are lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Nice fragrance, but in the late dry down it smells sour on my skin..
    You're not alone there! I love the first hour or two, but this stage ruins it for me.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I think this one is subpar and doesn't stand out like a few of the other Creeds do

Definitely in my top three Creeds. It's understated, yet still has that amazing ambergris house note present in Silver Mountain Water, Green Irish Tweed and Millesime Imperial. Add some tangerine, a little salt and some fresh herbs like coriander and you've got a beautiful oceanic fragrance.

Actually, it smells a lot like Millesime Imperial without the synthetic melon.

It's a fantastic fragrance.
    Sales thread here

I have a love/hate relationship with this fragrance. I think it all depends on the weather and works better with cooler temperature. I've tried this on during the summer and I didn't like it much. Not bottle worthy for me at the moment.

I'd like it a lot more if it lasted with some strength on me for more than three hours.
    Regards,
    Renato

Yea, the longevity on Erolfa is particularly of concern compared to other Creeds considering the cost of the scent. Although some other Creeds manage to have even worse longevity, looking at you Neroli Sauvage with your one hour performance!

Its not my favorite Creed or even in my top 10, but its still a pretty solid scent.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

It's a lovely marine fragrance, but way overpriced. It reminds me of Bvlgari Aqva, same vibe at half the price of Erolfa
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Banned
    Blog Entries

It smells great, however projection, longevity and price issues keep me from buying it.

And also, because Millesime Imperial is better.

Good scent IMO.

One of Creed's worst IMO, not helped by the terrible (2-3 hours) longevity either.

Quote Originally Posted by AntMcfc View Post
    One of Creed's worst IMO, not helped by the terrible (2-3 hours) longevity either.
    +1 -- It sucks

They say there's a Creed for every taste and I guess Erolfa is for those that enjoy close to the skin fragrances that want to reapply often. The projection and longevity are about the same as a scented soap. Very very light and fleeting.

i get good longevity from erolfa,maybe i'm one of the lucky/unlucky ones lol..

Quote Originally Posted by skism View Post
    i get good longevity from erolfa,maybe i'm one of the lucky/unlucky ones lol..
    Even with lotion I get 4 hours max. Could be due to batch variations, because this stuff does not normally last on anyone's skin or clothes.

yeah i agree it must be batch variations as some people claim good longevity with Millesime Imperial and i was lucky/unlucky if that stuff lasted an hour.so yes "horses for courses" lol..

This one lasts a very long time on my skin (8-10 hours) but it has limited sillage. Overall a very good scent IMO.