Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: La Nuit de L'Homme- terrible?

Given the penchant for SA's the push new stuff like crazy I've sampled l'Homme, l'Homme Libre and La Nuit plenty of times each.

I do like l'Homme, but it's not amazing. A solid release and I'll probably buy a little bottle at some point, while l'Homme Libre honestly seemed more enticing. Not because it's better but because it seems more compatible with warm or hot weather and as the temperature goes up the competition thins. As for La Nuit it's good, and I've considered a small bottle, but it doesn't live up to the hype.

Perhaps the OP could try Libre or l'Homme?

Banned
    Blog Entries

honestly, i see all the hype on basenotes (and its there for a reason, a lot of people like it) , but i just dont like it

One of the first fragrances I smelled, azzaro PH, I hated too. It smelled too strong, cloying. Now that I'm getting more into fragrances I'm starting to enjoy !! It's like seeing a paint, a piece of art, from other perspective.

Should be named: La nuit au bordel.(The kind that is very cheap)

YSL have just two great perfumes: M7 and Kouros! (and perhaps Pour Homme Concentré)
    "You can look at a picture for a week an never think of it again. You can also look at a picture for a second and think of it all your life." Joan Miro

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    The moral of this story is there are different strokes for different folks.
    So true.

For the benefit of the OP, bear in mind that all of the scents in your list are made from synthetic ingredients. And while synthetics are (supposedly) less likely to cause allergic reactions and therefore are preferred in these litigious times (not to mention they are cheap), the issue with synthetics is that the variation of how different people perceive the smell is very large. I am a good case is point - I am anosmic (perceive no smell) or hypernosmic (perceive way too much smell) to many synthetics. Here is your list again, with my opinions added (these are not absolutes, just opinions):

D&G the One - dont get any ginger or tobacco from this, just laundry detergent white musk that makes me sneeze and itch (so much for reduced allergic reactions...)
    burberry london - Suffers too much from a common trick in mainstream fragrance - overappealing opening notes that quickly disappear. The wine, pine and spices at the start is lovely, the barely detectable leather finish is dull and boring.
    burberry brit - sweet and powdery, with obvious rose and ginger. All components that I like. I own this.
    La Nuit - Lovely while the tonka bean (the sweet hay smell) lasts, then dull (see London). Dries down to a semi sweet floorboard plank.
    cool water - The archetypal marine aquatic (smell of the sea). And if theres one thing that will make me bring up my breakfast, its a marine aquatic.
    hugo hugo boss - oddly, never smelt this one.
    boss bottled #6 - Never got the reputed apples and cinnamon. Just get some waterlogged driftwood thats started to rot, plus a bit of vanilla. Dreck.
    blue seduction - Not tried this one either.
    Only the brave - A synthetic fruity sweet mess. Part of an ongoing trend in mainstream mens perfume. Sadly.
    PE 360 red - nope, never seen it.
    Azarro Chrome - Aptly named metallic nastiness. Seriously, produces the same perceived effect as sticking one of those rectangular batteries on your tongue (we've all done it at sometime).
    le male - Really very enjoyable in small doses (1 spray). Obnoxious in the kind of amounts most people who own this one use.
    Eternity CK - I suspect this one contains a synthetic blackcurrant bud component from IFF that I am both hypernosmic to and find really appealing. So I'm quite partial to this one.
    1 million - A different synthetic fruity sweet mess. Probably the one that started said trend. At least this one has a suede note to add some interest to the bubblegum. Smells great to passers by (called the sillage, french for wake), sadly smells rank for the poor unfortunate at ground zero (i.e. you, the wearer).
    Rochas man - best of the lot. Doesn't smell synthetic even though I know it is. A very enjoyable gourmand (foody scent), a lavender and coffee ice cream. Sadly my wife hates it with a passion.

I may have strictly subjective reasons why I like this scent, admittedly, yet interaction with my skin chemistry is good, so is the longevity and projection of this one and so far, did not sense any obnoxious or overpowering notes, not even in the EDP concentration.

La Nuit De L'Homme is ok and that's just about it. Sure it's sort of seductive mayhaps if properly applied and paired with proper attire, BUT there are so many better and much more interesting fragrances. I dare say that, for instance, even "The One" and "The One Gentleman" are overall better frags in a sense of smell as the first has the longevity problem even on me, the latter does much better having no such issue. I mentioned those 'cause they seem to be a hype lately.

La nuit is good, end of discussion!

I wasn't a fan of la nuite now it's my winter fall staple. Stod la nuite. Just give it a chance.

CologneFan85

All I know is that this fragrance works in my favor in many ways

The parfum version is pleasantly rich and delicious. Give it a try

La Nuit EDT is a very good scent that smells suave and modern to me. My wife just loves it. To each his own.