Code of Conduct

Default Probably a joke: New niche line Vecny launches Halo. Do you have $7986 to spare?

This is too precious to be true, I think.

From PRWeb.com:
    Halo by Vecny is a fragrance for her that lends a unique, spicy air to floral undertones with a touch of tartness, encases the wearer in a light, luxuriously fresh aroma with just a hint of sweetness and induces a warming vanilla wisp. The most notable notes in Halo are the kaffir lime and acacia top notes, jasmine and barley heart notes followed by resonating benzoin and palisander base notes.

Halo is available in 100 ml bottles, limited to 10 bottles available annually, and 1 milliliter travel size bottles. Clients that receive the 100 ml bottle also receive the classic handcrafted crystal perfume bottle with crystal dipper. A stunning and functional accent for any dresser or vanity, the Halo bottle is designed with a crystal dipper that screws open and closed with minimal evaporation of the fragrance. Halo arrives with specialized but simple instructions on preservation and storage.

The fragrance inside the bottle is guaranteed against spoilage, turning or fading for a period of 100 years, making both the bottle and the fragrance an heirloom to be passed down through generations.

And it better now spoil or fade, because a full bottle costs $7986. The 1 ml. travel bottle, a mere $45.54 I love how they priced it exactly at 54 cents. It just couldn't cost any less than that.

As I said, I suspect this is a joke. The bottle looks cheap, the "guarantee" is ridiculous and the commercial for it an amateurish Youtube video.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Probably a joke: New niche line Vecny launches Halo. Do you have $7986 to spare?

I was thinking of buying this and selling splits for $1000 each.

But then I figured, why not just buy 100 1ml of this fragrance and save $3500 to begin with.

Default Re: Probably a joke: New niche line Vecny launches Halo. Do you have $7986 to spare?

Fools and money are soon parted and I bet thats what the creators are counting on.

Sound Scents

I am glad they could keep the retail under $8000 and were kind enough to not price it at an "oh so common" $7999.99. Vecny's owner must be Clive Christian.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Fools and money are soon parted and I bet that's what the creators are counting on.
    Totally!

At best, this smells like "fake it 'til you make it". It's too earnest to be a put-on, but was clearly done on an indie budget.

Under the best possible circumstances, it reminds me of Viktor & Rolf - who have been rolling in money from Flowerbomb and Spicebomb. In one interview, they described how, in their earliest, hand-to-mouth days, they tried to do a fragrance, and although they gave it their best shot, the idea proved to be way premature. (And seriously, I would LOVE to own one of those suckers.)

But in other ways, this thing seems like little more than a polished version of the Michael Jackson fragrance.

And if it's a joke - kind of a fail. GREED was so much better.

What's fascinating to me is how the people behind this thing managed to blitzkrieg the fashion media. The only thing in the fashion world about VECNY/Vecny/VEC NY is this fragrance, but it's bouncing around the perfume echo chamber like a gunshot.

Best to avoid IMO.

approves

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsetspawn View Post

approves
    LOL!