Code of Conduct

Default Dandies in the Group?

Anyone here enough of a dandy to wear either a collar pin or tie bar, or as Astaire was want to do, both?

Default Re: Dandies in the Group?

LOL! Let me answer this with a resounding, "Yes!" A dandy in both fragrance and dress.

Fragrance for every occasion and mood, and an outfit to go with each of them.

A pocket square and a boutonniere, a tie bar or jewellery. It's all in the mix and makes each day an adventure.

And as many a dandy was wont to do, throwing care for other's opinions out the door.

You will find many dandies here, even if they don't admit it to themselves.
    Last edited by Primrose; 31st October 2012 at 04:36 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

We have a few dandies here! I'm perhaps less of a dandy than a dandy aficionado! I love the dandy spirit - and I tend to think that dandies are far more substantial and deep than most people give them credit for.

Let's have some pictures! Show us some "dandywear", people!

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    LOL! Let me answer this with a resounding, "Yes!" A dandy in both fragrance and dress.

Fragrance for every occasion and mood, and an outfit to go with each of them.

A pocket square and a boutonniere, a tie bar or jewellery. It's all in the mix and makes each day an adventure.

And as many a dandy was wont to do, throwing care for other's opinions out the door.

You will find many dandies here, even if they don't admit it to themselves.

I like the way you think! Fragrance without a fabulous look is like a battery powered gadget without the batteries. Well done that man!

For a special event, I will strive for the dandy look -- that is what makes the event so special. Then, I will use a pocket square (which I like in a pouchy style rather than a Don Draper sharp edge... a more bohemian look for me).
    For the workday, I strive for "natty" which I see as a low-key version of dandy. I particularly like colourful socks. And I also like a little jacket collar pin, either of my school or a whimsical one.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

So far, I did wear either of the two, yet not both at the same time, on certain special occasions.
    I quite often wear a pin in combination with a scarf/ascot, apart from my more regular accessories (watch, fragrance etc.).

It is my understanding that the buttonhole is making a comeback, or the jacket collar pin. Ditto for the boutonniere in the form of a carnation or gardenia. This is more geared to weddings, but it shows some choices for boutonnieres.

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com...4/boutonnieres
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

This book discusses both Penhaligon's and Floris:

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Gentle...fect+gentleman

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Yes to dandyism! The dandy often finds a way to add an interesting twist or accent to whatever he wears. But what would a dandy add to a pair of swimming trunks?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Yes to dandyism! The dandy often finds a way to add an interesting twist or accent to whatever he wears. But what would a dandy add to a pair of swimming trunks?
    A statement divers watch. Classic Rolex Oyster?

How about a means of showing off his tattoos?

Yes, another Dandy.

I don't wear a collar bar, my gentleman's gentleman doesn't agree with them. I do however, wear tie pins and antique cuff links.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I'm a little Dandy too. Although I don't wear a tie bar, I have a collection of pocket squares, bespoke suits and a Rolex oyster date. 😉

Used to wear a tie bar many years ago. Had almost forgotten I had worn one.

It is such a handsome trait for a man. I love the attention to detail on the tiniest things. It really does get noticed.... and it makes you stand out a mile.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Hail to dandyism. Yes I think it looks great and I try my best.