Code of Conduct

Default So I bought the 10oz bottles of Mugler Cologne and Gendarme....What next?

I bought the two above to form my "clean as hell" arsenal of scent. FWIW, those relying on samples or decants of those arent getting the full power, unless they are hitting 5 or 6 squirts. Gendarme, for example, lays fairly close to the skin but i still smell it 8 hours later from 2 or 3 sprays.

I am still taking suggestions on clean scents.

However, the reason I have troubled the Basenotes board today is because I am looking to get dirty. Yes, after obtaining a few years of clean scent, I now want dirty. By dirty, i mean dirt or earth etc i do not mean butt lmao.

I own a bottle of Encre Noir (cannot find Sycomore anywhere remotely local), and i have deeply decanted Terre de Hermes. I prefer TdH of the two, but i found a great deal on EN.

So, what others would you say smell dirty?

Default Re: So I bought the 10oz bottles of Mugler Cologne and Gendarme....What next?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist View Post
    I bought the two above to form my "clean as hell" arsenal of scent.
    Haha, this cracked me up...& yes, you should be set for quite a while on the "clean" side. Gendarme lasts For-ev-er on my skin as well. Hmmm, not sure I can help much on the "dirty" side, as I tend to prefer cleaner types myself. The closest I probably get is TdH Parfum, which I still don't really find "dirty."

Default Re: So I bought the 10oz bottles of Mugler Cologne and Gendarme....What next?

Black Tourmaline by Durbano

The one I wore today: Bvlgari Black.

Chanel Sycomore for vetiver root dirt on earth

Dirty/sexy that isn't too animalic / diaperish: Absolue Pour le Sour, Musc Ravageur

Clean: Prada Amber, Eau de Grey Flannel (turquoise bottle), and Calvin Klein BE
    Dirty: Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Hermessence Vetiver Tonka, Dior Leather Oud, and Dior Fahrenheit

Guerlainista

Black March by CB I Hate Perfume
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Prada Infusion d'Homme, can't go wrong with that.
    I'd suggest as well some neroli centered colognes: De Nicolai Sologne is truly lovely and fairly priced, Villoresi Colonia is wonderful but quite pricey, and if you are willing to dare into the women's territory, Versense Versace is a good option too.
    └ l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    Prada Infusion d'Homme, can't go wrong with that.
    I'd suggest as well some neroli centered colognes: De Nicolai Sologne is truly lovely and fairly priced, Villoresi Colonia is wonderful but quite pricey, and if you are willing to dare into the women's territory, Versense Versace is a good option too.
    He is looking for "Dirty" scents mate

A fantastic dirty earthy scent that I love is Miller-Harris Vetiver Bourbon. A raw earthy vetiver edp that has nice longevity and silage. Absolutely worth the price

Definitely Prada Amber Pour Homme for clean.

You want dirty? Just go to Musc Kublai Khan. Dirty, dirty, dirty.

You could really freak out coworkers by alternating between Gendarme and MKK.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Absolue pour le soir. Dirtyyyyyyyyyyy

In a very good way, I love it

Banned

In the heart of Coromandel by Chanel, the musty earthiness of patchouli takes on a clay-like facet.