Code of Conduct

Default Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee

where can i get Thierry Mugler Pure Coffee is it ever coming back

Default Re: Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee

Mugler seems to re-release their "discontinued" fragrances periodically. Otherwise watch the sale board and wait for one to come up.

Check for it to pop up on Ebay.

E-bay at times - at a price though. Or the Perfumed Court - at a very steep price.

I would guess it will eventually get released again. I picked it up during the most recent release last year, but ended selling my bottle as the fragrance didn't do much for me.

I picked up a bottle and then remembered how this one was a patchouli bomb!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Here's what I believe. Pure Malt and Pure Havane have both been re-released a couple times each and are STILL currently for sale. According to their batch codes, they are brand new lots. Pure Coffee was never truly re-released. Last winter they re-sold old stock from 2008. They haven't even made new juice since 2008. It is not going to be coming back in the foreseeable future. It's always rumored, but PM and PH have both came back in the last 2 years while PC has not.

Pure Coffee is currently going for approximately $250 on eBay. It is worth NOWHERE near that much. It smells like A*Men minus the tar note and is the weakest projecting of the Pure Flankers (not counting Pure Shot). I'm glad to have it in my collection but I'd never pay over $100 for a bottle of it. You're not missing out on much.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

The Coffee at the top is fantastic but so short-lived. You may as well get Pure Leather and not worry about bothering with the quest for PC.

thanks for the info

I emailed the Mugler corp and here is what they said regarding a re-release of Pure Coffee:

Thank you for contacting Thierry Mugler!

"We will be happy to assist you with your inquiry. To date we have not had an announcement regarding the re-release of our Limited Edition fragrance Pure Coffee. We will keep your name and e-mail on file to be notified in the event of its return. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Honestly...mixed about it. It is better than A*MEN to me, better than Havane, but not better than Malt. I might just be holding on to it because of it's rarity. If you have an like any of the others, it's not worth the price. If you're a crazy collector, it might be.

It does have the most coffee centered feel out of anything I've been able to try.

I would have thought its not making a comeback unless theyre keeping an eye on ebay. The main reason they're making pure malt a permanent release (for now) is basically to cash in, apparently they were monitoring ebay sales and thought "we want some of that!" Re-launched it this Oct in the UK and should be around for a while.
    Ive tracked down a sample of pure coffee and its really not all that, its a shame it got so hyped up. The coffee note just doesnt hang around long enough and your just left with a milder a*men minus the tar.

Pure Coffee is my favorite A*Men flanker. It did used to have a cult following soon after it was discontinued. That seemed to have died down though. This fragrance has the most natural smelling coffee note and is very reminiscent of a niche fragrance. Great for fall/winter.

I can understand Mugler not wanting to re-release it though, they may think that it's too niche and not generate enough sales.

I wouldn't pay the outrageous prices for this on eBay. IMO, the most this fragrance should be worth is $100.