Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Thursday 1st November 2012

Morning all,

I'm on a day off today so I think I will just be lounging around the house in Amouage - Reflection Man

Have a good day!

Default Re: SOTD: Thursday 1st November 2012

Good morning!

Boucheron Pour Homme EDP, vintage

Good morning!
    Etro Gomma for me today .
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Comme des Garšons Wonderwood.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Good Morning B'Notes Family. Today I am wearing Tom Ford, Tobacco Vanille.

Good morning, gentlemen and iodine! No trick or treaters for us, I guess they conspired to avoid the kreyzy house this year. More of DeMet's Dark Chocolate caramel filled Treasures for us -- the BEST American chocolate I found in our sticks of corn here.

Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger today, seems all right for the cool sunshine.

Have a nice day.

Good morning, everyone!

I wanted something uplifting today, so I'm in Voyage d'Hermes parfum. It never fails...

Do happy

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Dirty English this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Thursday 1st November 2012

samples
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Ambre Nue

Lesson learned: Dont search for Ambre Nue at Google Images with safesearch deactivate

Sandalwood

Hello all. SpaceNK Melodrama
    DONNA

What great pics today!! Easyfish, that watch just blew me away! I'm not kidding. I love owls, and I've NEVER seen one like that before.

Fragranceman88, enjoy your day off. You've earned one.

Hello everyone!

I'm in beautiful L'Or de Torrente this morning ...and thinking of Wolfie, of course.

lilybelle, you're not kidding! What a stunning watch, easyfish - thanks for posting it! I just had to Google it to find out more about it!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Wow, would I love to be the owner of that owl watch! Gorgeous colors.

Yay, a day off for fragranceman! Enjoy!

On a No. 5 kick this week, EDP today. Made the mistake of having a rant about the Brad commercial in hubby's presence. Was much looser with my thoughts than I was here on BN, swearing included. Can't even mention the scent now without Big T. launching into "it's not a journey....". So annoying. Sad part is, Mr.PL's delivery is just as "good" as Mr. Pitt's.
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 1st November 2012 at 12:50 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Fragranceman, I'm glad you finally get to enjoy a day off. You've been putting in such long hours!

d4N, sorry for what must have an ... er ... interesting search, but thanks so much for my first laugh of the day!

I'm still sampling away. Yesterday I tried of one Luckyscent's Decennial fragrances, Nuit Epicee. Oud is a note to which I generally give a wide berth, but this fragrance was actually pretty good. The drydown was the best, natch, except by then it smelled an awful lot to me like SSS Incense Pure.

This morning, I'm trying Parfumerie Generale Indochine. Initially at least, this reminds me of Lutens Arabie, but with none of the sharp edges and olfactory assault. Arabie Lite, if you will. But since I like the olfactory assault of Lutens sweet stewed spice, I'll probably stick with Arabie. Indochine seems to be fading RAPIDLY on me.

***And now, 2 hours in, it's nothing like Arabie. Much softer, a warm, powdery pepper effect which I'm liking, but wears *very* close to the skin on me. I think this would be a really great wool sweater fragrance.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 1st November 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    lilybelle, you're not kidding! What a stunning watch, easyfish - thanks for posting it! I just had to Google it to find out more about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Wow, would I love to be the owner of that owl watch! Gorgeous colors.
    Look...there is a pink one, too. These are called Jewelrymachine timepieces.

(Easyfish's photo is so much more dramatic and mysterious)

Yep - saw those! I suppose if I had to choose I would want the purple one ...but I would want it lit just like the one easyfish posted all the time, lol!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

BelAmi by Hermes

Yes, I'm more drawn to the purple watch, too but I know the pink would be much prettier on my skin. Would need both and a light box attached to an upper armband! Lighting sure does make a difference! But they are still cute without the fancy lights.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Enjoy your day off, Fragranceman!

Extremely cool watch, Easyfish.

SotD is Van Cleef & Arpels First Love.

Have a great day!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Gal Trebol today. I needed something undemanding.

My daughter is enjoying having 2 extra days off as her school's roof leak is taken care if, but having her home adds work to my week. Back to almost-normal tomorrow-- hubby will have to work on what is normally his day off, to make up the 8 hours the plant was shut down. I'll have to take Mom to PT, but otherwise I'll have some hours to get my own stuff done before the long weekend (the schools are closed for teacher in-services and Election day Monday and Tuesday.)

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Fine find, EasyFish.

Back from the hygienist, I'm piling on a second application of Trish McEvoy Sexy 9:
    Deeply berry-licious, semi-sweet, and musk-ensconced.
    Promise me you will all enjoy today to the fullest extent because that's what I wish for you!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Ha! And I thought it was a cat watch! But a STUNNING cat watch

Chanel 31 rue Cambon for me today - as all is right with the world for me, at least for the day. Georgeous morning, fine mood and heading towards a fun filled weekend.

Enjoy your day too, my BN friends!!!!!!

PL- lol. Ya, lol, I mentioned in that post yesterday that I went to the dept. store and saw the big, giant Brad Pitt posters everywhere. Those photos are so silly. My husband thought they were funny too. Lol..I think that commercial is pretty much known everywhere. My husband even makes 'where ever I go' jokes. lol. I don't get it Chanel! lol.

sotd, Jasmin Rouge from a sample
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Institution

Wearing fragrance again. Baby steps. This morning, this scent was on my mind and I felt like I had to wear it. So I did.

Fille en Aiguilles by Serge Lutens

Thank you all so much for all of the well-wishes you've given me for the past 10 days that I've been sick with my stomach virus - your bright, funny, 'feminine', soothing words were much more valuable to me than I think you realized.

((BIG BEAR HUGS TO EVERYONE THAT NEEDS THEM TODAY))
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I'm glad you're feeling better, Mike. I know what that's like. It is such a good feeling, crawling back to the land of the living again.

I finally decided on Je Reviens today, layering the current edt over the vintage edc. They each balance the deficits in the other. That purple watch would go with my shirt today, Mr. Belle's grape-koolaid-purple & white pinstripe shirt, but I'm actually more drawn to the pink one, especially the pink cabochon eyes. Easyfish's photo of the purple one is the best hands down...otherworldly.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Cuir Ottoman today. It's another super busy day for me, I haven't been around too much the last several days. Hopefully, things are calming down for me a little. And I hope things are going well for all BN'ers ...

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

E. and lilybelle, I did not think of it as a watch at all, just enjoyed an owl. What an eye you both have! Agree -- gorgeous beyond words. E. and you smell amazing (I am totally out of L'Or, like zilch and nada, oh well....)

My friend's mom passed away in Nice, France. Please think of Ellie kindly.

Evening fragrant family. Been in Azuree yesterday and today. Still thinking of those on the eastern coast of the USA and Canada

Mike, I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better. You'll be tip-top in no time now...

Spritzed a little Thierry Mugler Alien from a sample for exercise this morning. First thought was oooo, nice, I need to re-think this one. Then, nope, it gets a little too screechy on me.
    After cleaning myself up I think I'll go for Caron Le Troiseme Homme for the rest of the day. Yep, that sounds perfect.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

School has now been canceled for tomorrow as well! I guess the roof repairs aren't finished.

Tomorrow is also my mother's 84th birthday so we'll take her out for an early supper to celebrate.

I wore Chergui very early today and now I'm really enjoying Montale Orient Extreme.

Happy Thursday!

Testing Sycomore..I wonder if I am not a vetiver fan? I don't know vetiver all that well. This smells smoky and balmy. I don't really like smoky scents all that much. Idk if it's my cup o tea. Too much like incense. I could see this on my husband more than me.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Caron Pour Un Homme by Caron.

Wearing Caron Eau de Reglisse.

Hey y'all -

I'm in Iris Ganache again. I panicked and got a back-up bottle, so I can once again wear flamboyant amounts without the worry of running out ...right away.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Ladies, please remember that it is the 1st of November=Movember. Men's cancer awareness month. Please encourage the men in your lives to have themselves checked/screened. SOTN: Midnight in Paris, edp.

Changed my mind from Le Troisieme Homme. Wearing Molinard Habanita instead. aaahhhh...

Mike, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I had chicken broth for lunch today in your honor. And you smell lovely. I love FeA!

(((30R))) With school out until November 7th, I guess you have another reason to wish the election over and finally done with. Sending lots of calm and care your way.

Welcome back, shadesofbleu. I'm sharing your crazy day/week pain.

I'm sampling another Parfumerie Generale for my SotE. This time it's Bois Blond. I guess it must be the base PG uses because Indochine, Coze, and Bois Blond all have noticeable similarities to Aomassai, which I love. I'm trying to figure out if they're just redundant since I already have and love Aomassai. Of those 3, Indochine is the least similar, but they're all kind of referential to each other, if you know what I mean.

Sigh. Or my nose may just be as tired as the rest of me. I'm heading outside for some much-needed, head clearing exercise.

SOTE: Pasteum Rose.
    What can i say, perfect!

Mure Et Musc Extreme today and that is saying something; I think there miiiiight be one more wearing left in the bottle but maybe not. And my first few paychecks will have to take care of the accumulated debt from the month and a half off work, not perfume! So I have been hoarding it.

But it's cool now, and I have my Reglisse Noire, which is a winter favorite, and I will be stalking ebay and hopefully the hair clip sales will go well this quarter too.

Yesterday I was torn between Reglisse Noire (Black Licorice) and She-Wolf as halloween perfumes, but went with the she-wolf

Keiko Mecheri Ume
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

SotD was Hermes Caleche Eau Delicate. Tonight, it's Cuir de Russie EDT - Chanel.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Very vintage JOY embraced me today. I love her more and more after first hating her.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham